Home

Kashmir

Acrylic

Originally posted by Ernil

Anyone here have any idea about what Phish's "Bug" (song) is about?

I once heard a definition for Bug was some kind of Mass Murder, but, it doesnt sound like a song about mass murder...so, thats where you guys come in...tell meh!

Umm. I wanna keep this thread on a serious level please.

Originally posted by Skinkie

Kashmir is a type of cloth.... At some point a book was released detailing what the Zeppelin songs were about, you could try and get your hands on that.

Oooh. I'll check on Barnes and Noble website to see if they have any Zep books. Along with any holocaust books. And Metallica books.

An interview I heard with Plant and Page said they wrote that song after actually visiting Kashmir, trying to capture the spirit and the "vibe" of the place.

Plant was going through his mystical-hippie stage at that time, and they were most likely very stoned while writing it, but I really don't think it was meant to be a whole lot more complicated than that.

I haven't actually ever heard the song, but I think it could be some kind of a statement to the Kashmir situation. India and Pakistan have been fighting over the region for decades and there's been a few accusations about ethnic mass murders on both sides.

Originally posted by edlib

An interview I heard with Plant and Page said they wrote that song after actually visiting Kashmir, trying to capture the spirit and the "vibe" of the place.

Plant was going through his mystical-hippie stage at that time, and they were most likely very stoned while writing it, but I really don't think it was meant to be a whole lot more complicated than that.

Ok, ok. Thats helpful. Thanks. :)

Well, songs usually dont say much to me, if I dont understand the basic concept.

And anyone that isnt a Zep head, listen to Kashmir, Stariway to Heaven, The Ocean, Fool in the Rain, Dyer Maker, The Lemon Song...etc...

You will become one... o_0

Archived