Home

non jedi bots,WTF !

rut-wa jodar

because bots have force push and pull in their profile settings, the difference between bots is just the skin/name/taunts and force settings, most of em have force push/pull (i think all of them) in SP stormtroopers dont have push but in MP it's just a character with stormtrooper skin with push

Originally posted by rut-wa jodar

MP stormtroopers do not have any force pointsfor push/pull in their bot file.

You are correct, stock Stormtrooper bots don't have push or pull. But some servers, like my servers and Kurgan's Meatgrinder and probably some others, use customized bots. All of my bots have level 3 Push and Pull.

Originally posted by rut-wa jodar

my point is, that non jedis e.g stormtroopers are still able to block push/pull, even if their force settings are set to 0.

They can only block if they have Push\Pull, so they are probably custom bots. Like I said, my Stormtrooper bots have level 3 Push and Pull. Don't assume just because thay are Stormtrooper bots they have have no Force, they might be custom bots (how many other ways can I say the same thing?).

If they have Force Pull and some mana, they can block an equivalent or lower level Push attack.

Likewise if they have Force Push and some mana, they can block an equivalent or lower level of Pull attack.

This isn't a special power, bots and humans alike can employ the strategy.

Absorb also counters Push/Pull.

Though there are cases when Push/Pull can overcome all the blocks... such as when they are lacking in power in one of those moves (say level 1 Push vs. Level 3 Pull), in mid air, out of mana, or otherwise distracted somehow...

Oh and technically there are NO "non-Jedi" bots, unless you're talking about Siege. All bots are Jedi of some degree in FFA, etc. since they use Force and/or sabers.

• 1 month later...

Copy a .jkb file from assets1.pk3/botfiles. Edit it how you like! Then put it into a new .pk3 in the botfiles folder.

Copy the line from bots.txt and make a .bot file. Then insert the line in the .bot file! Then put it into the same .pk3 inside the scripts folder.

Here's the list of stuff in the .jkb file.

Reflex determines its reaction time.

Accuracy. The number is by how many degrees it can miss by.

Turnspeed is how fast it can turn in non-combat situations.

Turnspeed_Combat is how fast it can turn in combat situations.

Perfectaim denotes if it can aim perfectly or not.

Chatability shows if the bot can chat. (I Think...)

Chatfrequency displays how much a bot chats.

Hatelevel is how much it hates one who hates the one it "loves."

BotWeaponWeights is how much the bot uses each type of weapon, or its favorites.

EmotionalAttachment is the ones the bot "loves." It is represented by the other bot's name and how much it cares.

Chat Types

Died is the chat when the bot dies.

Killed is the chat when the bot kills someone.

Hatred is the chat when the bot hates someone.

BelovedKilled is the chat when the one the bot "loves" was killed.

KilledHatedOne is the chat when the bot kills the one it hates.

KilledOnPurposeByLove is the chat when the bot is killed by the one it "loves."

GeneralGreetings is the chat when it enters the game.

ResponseGreetings is the chat when someone else enters the game.

OrderAccepted is the chat when someone gives it an order.

Here comes the .bot file type!

Name is the bot's name.

Model is the model the bot uses.

Color1. I'm not sure, but I think it's the bot's color.

Color2. I'm not sure about this at all.

saber1 is the color and type of saber in its right hand. (single_1, dual_5, ect.)

saber2 is the color and type of saber in its left hand. (single_1, single_3, ect. only single)

Personality is the reference to the .jkb file. So it will be /botfiles/yourbotfile.jkb

NOTE: You can use colors in chats and names, but it must be in that funky code.

Also, you can configure the force powers for a bot, but I don't know how, it's in the .jkb file.

• 3 weeks later...

I Suggest you look at this regarding non force bots,

LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > General Editing > Bots with no sabers and no powers

I dont think is possable just editing the .jkb and .bot files

Oh, and in the .bot file color1 and color2 are the colour (yes I'm English) of the two sabers the bot uses (0=red, 1=green, and so on), saber1 and saber2 tell it which model to use for the sabers, if you have other sabers installed this can be anything.

Archived