Home

Saber Lock Nonsense?

fitzwilliamd

In the last few days, I have had numerous saber locks with dual saber users that end the same way: they click something and their other saber spins around and kills me.

Does anyone else find this unsettling? One of the servers was one that tells armor and health at the end of the battle, before the lock, I had 100/100. The player clicked something and his saber killed me... he had 4 hitpoints left and no armor. That seems a little strange to me. I do not mind losing fairly to superior skill (which happens often enough), but gee whiz...

Is there any way to defend against this so that the duel can be continued fairly?

Thank you )

I'm assuming you're talking about the MP game. This is a finishing move performed while one is in a saber lock. I think the other person hit their secondary fire (throw lightsaber) while in the middle of the lock. There are a couple ways to defend against this in single player but since I don't play much MP I dunno if this is applicable in MP. Anyway, here goes: 1) Push out of the saber lock before the other person gets tempted to use this method. 2) Try and win the lock before he/she uses the move. Method 1 breaks both of you out of the lock, neither winning but hey, look on the bright side, you're not dead in one move. Method 2 is a no-brainer but I thought I'd include it. As far as not being hit by this move, there is no such tactic.

• 3 weeks later...

actually the player with dual sabers isnt pressing lightsaber throw because if you do press it it doesnt do anything because ive tryed it before the player gets you back far enough in the lock that he wins it you just have to press the attack button rapidly enough to win the lock

I'm told that if you increase your saber attack level to 3 you have a greater chance of winning saber locks (if say they have 3 and you have 1 you'll always lose).

Other than that tapping the attack button super fast and maybe pressing Push (level 3) at the right moment is all you can do.

I've also heard that bots have an unfair advantage on high difficulty levels (they always win) though I don't know if having a saber lock winning script or rapid fire controller might beat the "cheating bots." ; )

In the end though I rarely if ever get into saber locks (and I rarely play on dueling or power duel servers and only do saber challenges occasionally anyway) so it rarely comes up.

That's why I save force points by just having saber attack level 1 for Duals and Saberstaff. However if I were going to do a lot of dueling I'd definately boost it to 3 since that would give me more of a chance.

I win saberlocks by just clikking left button (I use mouse + keyboard) as fast as I can. It happened many times that I killed with single saber the player who started the lock even if he had duble sabers or lightstaff.

However, sometimes the finishing move begins as soon as sabers are locked so there's no way to avoid death. Maybe it's just bad ping, maybe results of saberlocks in JA are calculated by some "throw the dice" routine :p

• 2 months later...

If you both have Saber Attack Level 3, it should be based only on how fast you tap "ATTACK" (or if one of you presses "push" at that "magic moment").

Lag may affect it certainly.

Saberlocks rarely happen on the default setting (that I use), but I suppose on duel servers where it's jacked up they may be more of a concern.

Archived