Home

That doesn't look too good

tFighterPilot

Originally posted by imyourfather

Any help from an experienced animated vehicles modeler would be appreciated.

Question: how can i offer my help without to sound stuck-up after this? :(

sure, i would like to help. if one of you could sent me the model like LightNinja made it and one vesion with the animations from imyourfather in a max file, i would like to take a look at them if possible. imyourfather, we can keep the animations and always merge them into a fixed model.

i am sure we can bring it in game working. you should have seen the first version of the Dewback in game. i have not even recogniced it as living creature, it looked like thrown trough a black hole. urg!

None that i know of, that wouldnt lose any information. you can save it as XSI the animations and meshes will be there but thne bones turned into dummies when loading back into 3ds max. to pass mashes i normaly use md3 format, the mesh and sknimap stay the same. you could sent it in these two formats but i am not sure if i can realy help you this way.

BTW, i have problems to posts on some threads. on the droideka thread for ex. i cant post now for about a week! i wrote mails but didnt get any support. what could we do?

PM moderators =p, btw, now i know that .5 files cant be open with 4.2 cuz i sent a guy other model (was a player model weighted and all) and he couldnt open it, i thought that my max was bad but now i know why he couldn't open it, he had 4.2 . Also if u cant open a 5.1 file, nobody with a version under of 5 will be able to open it?, And if is able, he could save the model and send you to open it, well i hope you can open it.

first off, the forum seems to work perfect again. greatest thanks!

it looks like there is no way to port a file in max format down from one version to a lower. the only way so i could take a look at the model would be if you sent it in md3 format. you can convert the bones into meshes befor saving as md3. if you add the animated model as XSI then i have all the thing in different saved files but i can puzzle it together if needed.

let me know if you think you could need my help.

Archived