Home

My first map

tFighterPilot

Not bad for a first time. Take Gothic's advice though. Don't ever uplaod your first map. Make a thread, like this one, so people can tell you what to improve. ;)

Ok:

I like the snow effect. Thats always a plus.

Did you just put the texture on the brush for the sky? use a skybox. If you don't wanna, raise the brush a little hhigher.

Try to stay away from tiling textures like the hangar floor.(or, whatever you wanna call the rooms on each end. ;)) There is snow in the middle of the texture, and tiling it just looks kinda fake.

See if you can fix the texture on that curne in the corner. ;)

These are all mad from just looking at the pic, haven't tried the map yet. But good job for a first time map. ;)

You should have given your map a little more time and work. It was a nice try (the idea in itself proves that), but you left it in halfway. Don't be so impatient next time. Mapping needs above all time. If you don't have much time, then it's gonna be a long project to finish your map. But it's no use to put it out the very moment it for the first time functions in game.

Thanks for the feedback ZBomber :)

Although, if you would've try my map, instead of just looking at the screenshot which I worked so hard to get in to PCGameMods, you would've seen that I did use skybox.

About not releasing my first map, well it's not. I tried mapping before for JK2, but never released anything.

I might make a second version, where I will fix the textures, and add the all importent lighting.

You're tFighterPilot at PCGM? Man, I really *wish* people would use the same names everywhere, you have no idea how confusing it is :confused:

It badly needs more detail, more of a natural feel on the walls than just blocks. Still, its a damn cool idea for a map and if you work at it, I'm sure it could be a super popular level.

As has been suggested by GothiX, maybe go for a WIP thread next time on the showcase forum before release - it really helps let you know what to improve as you go along. You could use this thread as a WIP thread for a v2.0 of the map, perhaps. I made the mistake of not bothering with this and releasing some very poor looking maps in the past...

Originally posted by imyourfather

Thanks for the feedback ZBomber :)

Although, if you would've try my map, instead of just looking at the screenshot which I worked so hard to get in to PCGameMods, you would've seen that I did use skybox.

About not releasing my first map, well it's not. I tried mapping before for JK2, but never released anything.

I might make a second version, where I will fix the textures, and add the all importent lighting.

OK, then. It was kind hard to tell from the pic. I'll downlaod it later, and test it out. ;)

Originally posted by Kengo

You're tFighterPilot at PCGM? Man, I really *wish* people would use the same names everywhere, you have no idea how confusing it is :confused:

I really would like to change it, but I can't, and I don't want to make a new profile. The reason that I have different names is that I signed up to LucasForums a long time ago, before knowing myself as tFighterPilot.

In other words, if an admin would change it, I'd be really happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived