Home

Getting Dismemberment to work!

Crow_Nest

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
Starfire_Dismemberment doesnt work with the 1.01 patch, i've tried it before.

Hi, guys. I've been awaay for a loooooong time now. Thought I'd drop by and browse a little and saw my name mentioned. Heehee.

Crownest, sorry to hear that my mod doesnt work for you. Iit works fine on my end with the patch.

It seems like JA is really finicky about whether dismemberment is on or off. I've seen so many different methods for enabling dismemberment, which all seem to work for some and not for others.

Anyway, I haven't been playing Jedi Academy for some time now. Been caught up with other games (Doom 3 and Thief 3, mostly), as well as work (just got back from my lab after a 72 hour experiment. Chronic sleep deprivation. Hehe.)

Anyway, back on topic. :D Ultimately, I'm just glad to see that most people have finally got dismemberment working. Whether that's through the use of a mod, console commands, editing cfg files or creating custom shortcuts, the important thing is that people can play with dismemberment on. I think the more methods there are, the higher the chance that everyone will find one (or more) that will work for them.

MTFBWYA. :p

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I finally got dismemberment working thanks to Aiden Silver's post. I actually changed my target around a bit so that it looks like this now:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +helpusobi 1 +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

Now I am hoping I can turn the probability for dismemberment down some. It gets old seeing EVERY enemy get sliced to ribbons. I want some variety.

I've seen some posts that talk about codes such as g_dismember, g_dismembermentProbabilities, or g_dismemberProbabilities. I've tried a bunch of combinations without any changes that I could notice.

Anyone know the correct code? I am only interested in single player, and I would like to be able to make so that dismemberment happens only, say, 10-20 % of the time.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hey guys, i accidently made a new thread about this and didn't think about the fact we have one stuck up the top :p lol sorry to the mods. I've reposted it here. could somebody PLEASE help me here... :(

____

we all know about the dismemberment issues in this game.

in jedi outcast there was 2 ways of getting full dismemberment:

1) entering saberrealisticcombat cheat which vastly increased the amount of saber damage as well as created definate dismemberment.

2) boosting up the level of dismemberment on character models (dismemberment 1-3) and then increasing dismember probabilities to 100%

______

out of these i only liked the second method because the first made killing enemies way too easy. a single hit or 2 and they would be dead, even on JM. This included reborn jedi.

In jedi academy i have used the method of 'sabermorerealistic' to get dismemberment to work, but like the previous game destroyed the game play for me (and saber matches as they only went for about 5 seconds instead of a good 20+ second dual).

i was wondering if anybody here is kind enough to help me out to create a target shortcut with the commands to allow full dismemberment and 100% probabilities, but leaves all other aspects of the game untouched, so i don't need to use the other code which ups the saber damage 10 fold.

thanks alot for any assistance

cheers

I dont know about the saber, but yes there is a way to make NPCs have more health.

You open up the assests1.pk3, and go to the ext_data/npcs folder. There are all the .npc scripts, they can only be opened with notepad. Once you have opened them change the health values higher.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Kurgan,

Next time you want to sticky a thread about a topic, at least sticky then one with the right answer! This thread is nothing but a bunch of bogus guessers who really don't know how to get dismemberment to work.

The 100% way to get dismemberment to work on anyone computer is to edit the .npc files inside the Assets1.pk3. You can use Pakscape to get inside this folder or Winzip. I prefer pakscape. Below is a paste from the Alora.npc.

alora

{

playerModel alora

customSkin blue

rank captain

saber Dominator

saberColor red

weapon WP_SABER

saberStyle 1

saberStyle 3

saberStyle 2

saberStyle 5

health 8000

FP_HEAL 3

FP_LEVITATION 3

FP_SPEED 3

FP_PUSH 3

FP_PULL 3

FP_TELEPATHY 0

FP_GRIP 3

FP_LIGHTNING 3

FP_RAGE 3

FP_PROTECT 0

FP_ABSORB 0

FP_DRAIN 3

FP_SEE 0

FP_SABERTHROW 3

FP_SABER_DEFENSE 3

FP_SABER_OFFENSE 3

reactions 3

aim 3

move 5

aggression 3

evasion 4

intelligence 5

hfov 160

vfov 160

playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY

enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER

class CLASS_REBORN

sex female

snd alora

sndcombat alora

sndjedi alora

yawSpeed 120

walkSpeed 55

runSpeed 200

dismemberProbHead 100

dismemberProbArms 100

dismemberProbLegs 100

dismemberProbHands 100

dismemberProbWaist 100

}

Change the dismemberprob* to 100 for complete and total carnage.

You can also change what force skills the bot has, yes they will use lightside skills if you give it to them. You can also add saber styles. Making the bots a little more interesting.

I posted this information a long time ago. Far be it for anyone to actually do search for it and sticky it. There is no mod that will make dismemberment work. Chaninging your game launch info will not work nor will any console commands. The ONLY way to get it to work properly is stated above.

The 100% way to get dismemberment to work on anyone computer is to edit the .npc files inside the Assets1.pk3. You can use Pakscape to get inside this folder or Winzip. I prefer pakscape. Below is a paste from the Alora.npc.

alora

{

playerModel alora

customSkin blue

rank captain

saber Dominator

saberColor red

weapon WP_SABER

saberStyle 1

saberStyle 3

saberStyle 2

saberStyle 5

health 8000

FP_HEAL 3

FP_LEVITATION 3

FP_SPEED 3

FP_PUSH 3

FP_PULL 3

FP_TELEPATHY 0

FP_GRIP 3

FP_LIGHTNING 3

FP_RAGE 3

FP_PROTECT 0

FP_ABSORB 0

FP_DRAIN 3

FP_SEE 0

FP_SABERTHROW 3

FP_SABER_DEFENSE 3

FP_SABER_OFFENSE 3

reactions 3

aim 3

move 5

aggression 3

evasion 4

intelligence 5

hfov 160

vfov 160

playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY

enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER

class CLASS_REBORN

sex female

snd alora

sndcombat alora

sndjedi alora

yawSpeed 120

walkSpeed 55

runSpeed 200

dismemberProbHead 100

dismemberProbArms 100

dismemberProbLegs 100

dismemberProbHands 100

dismemberProbWaist 100

}

Change the dismemberprob* to 100 for complete and total carnage.

You can also change what force skills the bot has, yes they will use lightside skills if you give it to them. You can also add saber styles. Making the bots a little more interesting.

Now someone should sticky this one as it has the only right answer. There is no mod and this is the 100% sure fire way to get it to work for the single player. No need to change your launch command or type a bunch of garbage in the console.

I just put this thread here cause I am tired of all the pointless threads that tell you to edit your .cfg file, or put stuff in your short cut, or type a bunch of stuff in the console. There really isn't that many NPC files to edit. Only about 20 or so. Most of them aren't really relevant to the game. Robots, and other such things.

Telling people to edit their asset files is really bad advice. It will guarantee that they won't be able to connect to pure servers.

It's much better to copy the files you want to modify, modify them, duplicate the directory structure\path that the file is normally in, and then make the files into a .pk3 file with a name that starts with b through z. That way the modified files will override the same files in the assets files, creating the same effect but without altering the assets files.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, let's get this straight. I think I have the problem here (albeit not the solution - yet). About half of you people are caught in the hell of "I modded this thing to the nth degree already and I don't remember everything I did", and the other half are caught in the hell of "I'm not a JA modding expert and didn't do anything". I'm in the latter category. I have just a vanilla JA install with the starfire dismemberment mod. I tried a half-dozen of the suggested ways to tweak this to get the dismemberment that is suggested, and not only did all of them not work, half of them made it such that JA would not even start.

So, for the fore-brain thinking JA modding experts out there, rather than just saying, "This is too easy, why can't you mewling cretins get it to work?", why don't you presume for a moment that nobody has spent the time and effort on learning the details of JA that you have spent, and give us the run-down right from square one? That is, tell us *everything* that we need to do. Not just the last step.

After all, if you asked me, "How does the Rijndael algorythm work?" and my response was "You need ten rounds for a 128 bit key.", even though the answer is accurate, what precisely have I told you? Nothing that answers the question.

So, in the spirit of community service, can somebody tell us *please* how to get dismemberment to work. Whole and complete, please, not one of these, "It's easy, just change A to B" responses, but the **WHOLE PROCESS**. What updates/mods/patches have to be installed? What updates/mods/patches cannot be installed? What files have to be tweaked and where are they, or if they don't exist by default, where should they be? What has to be changed and where? Again, presume that I don't have the in-depth knowledge of the guts of the game that you do, largely because I don't.

Archived