Home

I HATE Badges

Tatoo

Why is there badges in the game? I mean I can run in the middle of nowhere and suddenly I get a badge because I have seen something that is suppose to be interesting but it is not. I mean it can be everything from a grey rock to Imperials Theme parks badge.

But come on! When I examine a player I really hate the useless list of badges that I never read is listed.

It was better before they desided to put almost every little thing they (SOE) to be a badge, that they had put some tiny extra effort in.

I mean I ran in to an Imperial OutPost on... Yavin IV I think (not sure) and I got a freakn badge just because I happend to be close to it! Soooo... whyyy? I mean there is an Imperial OutPost on almost evey planet (if not every planet) and they are not much more to see then the one I got the badge from. So I just wounder... if someone reads that I have been on Yavin IVs Imperial base... would that make ppl respect me?

Bah!

I like badges. They are just little reminders of places you've been or things you've done, and can be nice to see. Of course, they're not important. They don't mean anything, they just show how many badge things the person's done. If you don't like them, don't get upset, just ignore them. No one's making you be impressed by them. They're just an interesting diversion.

i think it shows that you dont just hang out on one planet.. and like to exsplore other worlds. i mean after a couple of weeks now i saw someone with just a theed waterfall badge. and he was a master bounty hunter. i wonder if he ever goes group hunting with some one :)

I don't mean that they should not have badges at all. I mean that ppl should earn them. I don't like the way you get a badge just because you happen to run past a huge ugly rock that don't mean anything.

I mean a badge from the Jabbah's Theme Park is ok because you have put down some effort in it. But getting a badge just because you happen to be on the right place isn't what I wanna see a badge from.

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

I have to agree o this one. They should have moved it around, put the badges at the end and the bio at the start. :rolleyes:

Or they could put in a link or something and when you press it you get a new window up or a pull down that shows you the badges if you wanna see them.

i think its really annoying to scroll down through 50+ badges, and they have no freakin thing at the end of their profile. I have like...6 badges, i dont want them except my proffesion badges. i mean i walk by an imp outpost on talus and i hear this crappy music and it says i get a badge.....Woopty friggen doo, i kill imps on talus and laugh at their small NPC bucket headed minds.

Archived