Home

Anti-Air

lukeiamyourdad

In PCgamer the developers have said that planets such as endor will not have air vehcials. Planets with wide open spaces {tatoine} will! Plus it will be using "star wars physics" which means the starfighters wont allways be going fowards like in BF1942, they will be kind of between helecopters and planes.

:lsduel:

:duel:

:slsaber:

:lightning

:syoda:

Originally posted by joesdomain

I don't think ground units should have specialized weapons to shoot down air units. I think they should just use whatever ground weapon they have such as a blaster, rifle, or possibly thermal detonator.

i wonder how there going to make this work out, i hope i dont see a y-wing pointing its noise at the ground and hovering shooting at infantry. maybe there will be a diffrent set of guns for going after air units and ground units. like a underbelly turret for infantry, and the normal guns for air to air combat

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

For Geonosis we'll probably get a Rocket droid thingie(damn forgot the name). You'll have mobile AA, I guess.

Besides, Desert Combat has mobile AA and it's not so bad.

Probably you mean the helfire drone. There's a big chance you'll find them in the game, because in the interview withe pandemic studios was told that geonosis would be a vehicle-map.

They heavy weapons class should probably be strong against airplanes, and airplanes are strong against areplanes of course:) .

i think that vehicles should be very powerful like in the movies but be hard to control like in an at-st you would have to move the left leg then the right leg and so on. AA guns should just be simple player controled guns that can track how far ahead of the ship to aim (like freelancer) so you dont get annoyed that the lasers go too slow

Originally posted by Syzerian

i think that vehicles should be very powerful like in the movies but be hard to control like in an at-st you would have to move the left leg then the right leg and so on. AA guns should just be simple player controled guns that can track how far ahead of the ship to aim (like freelancer) so you dont get annoyed that the lasers go too slow

Yeah, that freelancer idea is good.

No, homing missiles aren't good, they make it far too easy to take out a ship.

Archived