Home

It is finished...

Tie Guy

I'm finally finished with my first full-length novel, Star Wars: Weapon of the Jedi.

It's about a Jedi student named Res Fieri, his Master Vrotik Kaal, and an impending war with the Sith around 100 years after the fight with Exar Kun, the Mandalorian Wars, and the ensuing battles with Revan and Malak.

If anyone wants to read it i would more than happy to hear a little constructive criticism/blatent flaming ;). It is full-length, though, at about 135000 words, so it's as long as most SW books out there. Hope you like it.

Here

OR

Here

A few notes for anyone who does want to check it out. There is a lot of good action in the book, but that's not really what it's about. It's more of a struggle against indentity and a presumed fate than the Sith.

Also, its in first person, so it is very biased in many areas. Don't always just accept everything the main character says as fact because his perspective is very limited, and though that is very intentional, try to keep all sides of the situation in mind if you want to have a better understanding.

Oh, and it is a very personal book, with very few main characters and no clear villain, partially because of the things i mentioned above, but also because of the narrator's personality, so try to keep that in mind.

Enjoy.

Premise sounds very good... if it's half as good as I, Jedi then I'll love it... I have a feeling I latch on to your writing style very well... I just wish I had time for such a read. :(

I promise I'll save it and try my hardest to read it... but I'm not sure if I'll get the time.

Are you seeking to get it published? It seems quite good, and not too many people come up with full length novels that I'm aware of......and no offense, but it could use a professional editor to take care of some grammatical type errors (but who doesn't need one, there are waaay too many rules/exceptions to the english language).....

Originally posted by Niwid

(but who doesn't need one, there are waaay too many rules/exceptions to the english language).....

Hey, compared to french or spanish, there's hardly any rules/exceptions in your language, believe me!

Tie Guy, I admire you for having enough focus to actually finish writing a full-length novel :D I love writing too, but one story can never seem to hold my interest for long enough to finish it... So congratulations, I'm glad you were able to finish your project!

I doubt I'll find the time to read it, though. I'm sorry for that, but I'm having trouble reading school books right now, I can't really add this one to my workload...

Since I am at school I do not have time to read it now, but this also reminds me that I am currently working on a screenplay that will be performed by my school’s drama club. Sure the inability to swear randomly has impeded the lines (since that’s what I usually do when I write), but I think its gonna be good. Problem is: I have to run everything by six other people

I'll also try to read it when I have enough time.

As the others said, you should really be proud of yourself, no mather if it's good or not. I know a guy at school who started to write a novel (and it looked really great) but he never finished it. Also, messing up with SW stuff is no simple task either. Congrats :)

Thanks guys, but honestly, the hardest part is getting started and over the initial stages. Writing the end is easy, because its alot more exciting than the beginning . The first part, though, is all just set up and character development, especially in this book. The first quarter or so has almost zero action and no particularly interesting philosophy sections, so that was the hardest part to get myself to write. The middle and end were much more fun.

Well, I dl'ed it 'cause I'm here at work for the Graveyard shift tonight and so far it is pretty good. I've gotten through the first 4 chapters and it is the expected character building and I have to say you are doing a great job of it, Tie. The main char's growth and personality are layed out beautifully. I am really enjoying it so far. I've barely noticed the passage of time. The only problems I've seen so far are minor spelling and grammar mistakes that can be easily fixed be a decent editor/proofreader.

Archived