Home

Space Expansion

GarethA

Over the past few weeks I've heard alot of talk about this expansion that is going to be released for the game... however I have two questions...

1. Is it likely that the monthly subscription fee that we pay will be increased when you purchase the expnsion?

2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but will this expansion have to be bought from a shop?

...and if so...

Does anyone else think it's a bit cheeky to bring out a new expansion which you will have to go out and buy... could they not just do it through a series of large updates to the game... people who have been playing the game for months have probably paid enough money to be given the expansion for nothing?

Guest DarthMaulUK

The Space pack will bring its own problems and issues but really, you treat it like what it is... an expansion pack.

EA are the masters of add-ons - just look at the Sims. If you bought every single add on, the original game, you would have spent around £200 in total.

SOE already do add large updates, which they then update because of bugs! hehe.

DMUK

Originally posted by GarethA

Over the past few weeks I've heard alot of talk about this expansion that is going to be released for the game... however I have two questions...

1. Is it likely that the monthly subscription fee that we pay will be increased when you purchase the expnsion?

2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but will this expansion have to be bought from a shop?

...and if so...

Does anyone else think it's a bit cheeky to bring out a new expansion which you will have to go out and buy... could they not just do it through a series of large updates to the game... people who have been playing the game for months have probably paid enough money to be given the expansion for nothing?

#1. NO...the monthly fee will not go up !

#2. Yes...you will have to buy the space expansion from the store (I hope there is a collectors edition) :)

#3. Most people new when they purchased SWG that they would have to buy the Expansion so it is no big surprise.

From what I've heard over time, was that the Space Expansion would include...

- Space travel (which would include ships)

- More planets (last I heard, was around 8 or 16 additional ones)

- Some game improvements (in regards to already existing features)

...thats all I know. If they do add 16 more planets, it'll make the Galaxy more interesting and diverse (more places to go, explore, and so forth), but that will REALLY stretch out the population per server, unless they merge some servers together. But if it's 8 additional ones, it wouldn't be that bad, more planets to explore!

8 - 16 new planets!

Anyone got any idea what they could be?

Will they be planets like Geonosis, Dagobah or Hoth that have appeared in the films?

Or less well known ones like the homeworlds of certain species? Eg: Mon Calamari or Kashyyyk?

Be good if you could visit the Death Star :deathstar

Wait a minute........... The expantion for SWG is supposed to be for FREE BECUASE:

1-We pay a monthly fee.

2-They said we pay to play because they update the game alot right?

3-Nobody would be playing the regular Galaxies anymore so why bother having to buy the expantion. They already are getting lots of money by us paying anyway!

THAT is what I think and that is what everyone is saying. Can we have any DEVS have a say into this? I want to know if it is or not.

Originally posted by flame737

Wait a minute........... The expantion for SWG is supposed to be for FREE BECUASE:

1-We pay a monthly fee.

2-They said we pay to play because they update the game alot right?

3-Nobody would be playing the regular Galaxies anymore so why bother having to buy the expantion. They already are getting lots of money by us paying anyway!

THAT is what I think and that is what everyone is saying. Can we have any DEVS have a say into this? I want to know if it is or not.

You will have to pay for the SE. This has always been so since the beginning of SWG over 3 years ago.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Im not 100% but I reckon pretty(summer maybe) soon to cash in. The game needs a serious kick and this is the only thing to do it.

DMUK

I can't believe we have to pay for the expantion. After the expantion comes out, that is what they are only going to do most of the time, UPDATE the expantion. The first one will be crap then and people who still play it will be....mad.... because they have to pay for nothing since the Space expantion will be worked on most of the time. *sigh*

Originally posted by flame737

I can't believe we have to pay for the expantion. After the expantion comes out, that is what they are only going to do most of the time, UPDATE the expantion. The first one will be crap then and people who still play it will be....mad.... because they have to pay for nothing since the Space expantion will be worked on most of the time. *sigh*

Why We Pay To Play, by Raph "Holocron" Koster.

Archived