Home

Jedi - I need to whine (thanks for listening).

Neversober

Ok let me start off by saying, yes I am going for my FSCS and yes I new it would be a hard grind to get it.

First of all the grind is making me sick , I realize that it should be hard to get your FSCS and I am so glad that they are making changes to the system. The only thing that scares me is what is going to happen with the system, no one knows for sure yet and I hope that they are not going to make it even harder than it is now. The only reason that I am still playing SWG so much is because I want my FSCS, in the begining I didnt want it at all but then I started the grind and now it is an obsession of mine. Those of us that have finished our Holos and are trying to get our Silent Profession to unlock have been told that we will be rewarded for our efforts. I am sure that we are going to get screwed over and given a "Badge Of Time Wasting" or something to that effect. But the fact is we will be further along the Jedi Path than everyone else when the new system comes. (No idea what that means).

There are people that argue that there are not supposed to be alot of Jedi during this time period and that things are getting out of hand. I dont have any idea what they are talking about because I have never even seen a Jedi in game yet, and SWG is our world to create so let us create it the way we want it. I have no problem with lots of Jedi running around, and there are alot already (they just stay in hiding, and dont show themselves).

Another thing that I was thinking about on my way to work this morning is the whole Bounty Hunter Jedi Mission thing. I think that IMP Bounty Hunters should only be able to hunt down Light Jedi and Rebel Bounty Hunters should only be able to hunt down Dark Jedi. Rebels should not be killing Light Jedi when they are our Allies, and IMPs should not be killing Dark Jedi when they are thier Allies. And when you start as a Jedi you should be able to pick right from the start wether you are Light or Dark, and not have to be light to start with.

I guess what I am getting at is THANK GOD that they are revamping the Jedi system because the way it is now is just not good at all. And I hope the new way to open the FSCS gives everyone a good chance of opening the FSCS if they want to.

Thanks for listening to me

Galveron Boade

- Scout

- Marksman

- Creature Handler

- Image Designer Holo1

- Armorsmith Holo2

- Musician Holo3

- Entertainer Holo4

- Dancer

- Artisan

- Medic

- Brawler

- Smuggler <-------Working on this one. 0/3/0/4

I dont have any idea what they are talking about because I have never even seen a Jedi in game yet, and SWG is our world to create so let us create it the way we want it.

I agree, it is our world to make for ourselfs.

But, there are certain elements of the story arc which should not be touched at all. Such as the death of the Emperor, Vader, Jabba, etc...., many Jedi running around .... These are major plot line changes that can not be justified if you are to play a game based on this timeperiod. It would turn SWG into an alternate universe. I'm not much interested in playing an alternate SW world, I wanted to play in the real thing, but be in control of my destiny, according to the timeline of course. ;)

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

I agree, it is our world to make for ourselfs.

But, there are certain elements of the story arc which should not be touched at all. Such as the death of the Emperor, Vader, Jabba, etc...., many Jedi running around .... These are major plot line changes that can not be justified if you are to play a game based on this timeperiod. It would turn SWG into an alternate universe. I'm not much interested in playing an alternate SW world, I wanted to play in the real thing, but be in control of my destiny, according to the timeline of course. ;)

KILLING JEDI IS FUN:evanpiel:

well i didnt want to be a jedi until tonight, i was doing quests for the guy outside the ruined jedi temple on dantooine, and i eventually had to kill a jedi.. Did think it would be that hard. he conned red to me so ipulled my pets and he was still red so i sent them in first. he killed them in 1-2 hits and then came after me. he killed me faster than **** from a goose. and i have screenies to show it :)

Originally posted by Neversober

SWG was set in the wrong time period, it should have been set in the Clone Wars time period.

People were lead to believe that they could be a Jedi in this game (which they can), but the way it is setup is insane.

It is the wrong time period. But the DEVs want the current time period since they want to give us The Emperor, Darth Vader, Jabba 3CPO and R2D2. And they can't give us that in the same way if it would be the Clone Wars... (well maybe they could give us Jabbah)

But they can always have Force Sensitive Characters because there will always be those who are sensetive to the force even if they don't know it and maybe never ever will become Jedis

But I agree anyway... Wrong time period if they want to spray out Jedis!

Originally posted by Tatoo

It is the wrong time period. But the DEVs want the current time period since they want to give us The Emperor, Darth Vader, Jabba 3CPO and R2D2. And they can't give us that in the same way if it would be the Clone Wars... (well maybe they could give us Jabbah)

But they can always have Force Sensitive Characters because there will always be those who are sensetive to the force even if they don't know it and maybe never ever will become Jedis

But I agree anyway... Wrong time period if they want to spray out Jedis!

Exactly.

You can't have it both in paper and plastic sometimes. ;)

I agree with the fact that people are lead to believe that they can be Jedi's in this game, they just dont know how hard it will be, then they get pissed because they cant do it and they said that the Devs are dumb, i mean, come on, its not completely there fault but its not the Devs either...

And i also agree on the fact that

Rebel Bounty Hunters ---> Dark Jedi

Imperial Bounty Hunters ---> Light Jedi

I think thats a very good idea and should be implied in the game ASAP :p

And i COMPLETELY agree with Jan Gaarni there :D;)

But, there are certain elements of the story arc which should not be touched at all. Such as the death of the Emperor, Vader, Jabba, etc...., many Jedi running around .... These are major plot line changes that can not be justified if you are to play a game based on this timeperiod. It would turn SWG into an alternate universe. I'm not much interested in playing an alternate SW world, I wanted to play in the real thing, but be in control of my destiny, according to the timeline of course.

People were lead to believe that they could be a Jedi in this game (which they can), but the way it is setup is insane.

From the beginning, SOE has said that Jedi would be possible, but very difficult, to attain. They didn't trick anyone into th

inking the game would be full of Jedi, then suddenly say it's hard.

So many people are really stupid about this. They think "This is a star wars game THEREFORE I can be a Jedi." People aren't supposed to be jedi! That's why it's so stupid and hard. There are SO many hologrinders with the frame of mind that: "I can't believe Sony makes me do this, this is stupid." No ones making you do it, they made it ridiculous so that there wouldn't be many Jedi, but for some reason everyone thinks that you have to be a Jedi and can't just play the game normally.

But I have two ideas:

1) Get rid of all this holocron crap. Make them master every proffession. No mystery there.

2)How about 100 badges, complete two theme parks, plus 50 NPC missions, master 3 proffessions of your choice, kill or do a mission for one Jedi (Missions- only from NPC's, killing-NPC's or players above Jedi Knight), and get one holocron by yourself.

I think the second option is more favorable. Maybe it's more work than the present system, but heck, at least it's interesting and actually means something.

i think it should be easier to become force sensative, but much harder to do anything about it.. when you think about the star wars storyline there has been and always will be force sensative charcters around.. but that doesnt mean they will become jedis wether light or dark.. more force sensatives, less jedi.. well at least until the story arc moves to the Academey era :D

imo, they should make leave the path to jedi the same, but when you first become a jedi, it drops your stats in half and slowly goes back up as you progress.

That'd keep a lot of people away from it, as well as the kiddies running around with the lightsaber saying "OMG I R SO L33T"

Archived