Home

Cannot Join Internet Games

AAI

This is strange. When I try to join games of Jedi Academy on the internet, I get a message saying 'server is for low pings only'. What does that mean? I'm going to be stuck with nobody to play but bots if I don't do anything...:(

A lot of server admins modify their Server.cfg to set a limit on the Ping you can max to before you get kicked automatically.

I personally have not set one on mine as Ping values can soar when lagg spikes occur. The default is, I think, about 400.

Depending on your connection speed and location you can get varying pings. For example I have a 600k Broadband connection in England. When I have a ping of say 120, my friend in Australia with a 56k modem usually has a ping of 450+.

It is not always the fault of the player, but some server admin like the ping to stay low and do not like to risk lagg ever affecting the game.

I suggest you keep trying as many servers as possible until you gain access, and yes I have also been rejected for my ping being too high and it annoys the hell out of me! I wouldn't worry, with 300+ servers on the list there are plenty to choose from! ;)

:confused: :confused: Instead of seeing 300+ servers, Iv'e only noticed about 7. Some say 'server is for low pings only' one has a password, and I couldn't connect to the last one. Can you tell me why i'm seeing so little servers?

I've started my own server, but its not going to well either....

Pop into my server IP: 66.98.211.124 :p

Just click on New Favourites - insert that IP and I'll keep an eye out for you on my Server Tracker for the next couple of hours!

It's 11:30am in the UK now, so I have plenty of time!

If I don't turn up, send me a Private Message with your e-mail or IP address for your server! Either way I'll try to help you, but leaving messages on this Forum will take forever! *no offence to Forum management ;)*

I have no idea why you only get 7 in the list! :confused:

Originally posted by AAI

:confused: :confused: Instead of seeing 300+ servers, Iv'e only noticed about 7. Some say 'server is for low pings only' one has a password, and I couldn't connect to the last one. Can you tell me why i'm seeing so little servers?

I've started my own server, but its not going to well either....

Make sure you have installed the 1.01 patch available here .

Before the patch, only a fraction of all the servers showed up in the ingame browser. Also, most servers are running version 1.01 and you will need the patch to join them.

It is very important, you must install the 1.01 patch if you haven't yet done so.

Also, make sure Source: Internet, Game: All, Type: N/A are selected, and View Empty and View Full are both "Yes" so you can see all the servers for now. You can change them back to "No" later (unless you always want to see all of the servers).

Click the most right-hand column heading (Ping) and it will sort servers by ping. Select a server that has the gametype or map or number of players that you want from the servers with the lowest ping.

Archived