Home

After Ending Mod

gameunlimited

Due to popular demand, I have created this mod that allows you to explore the world after the ending. Probably there will be many glitches, but hey, glitches is better than not being able to play at all right =)

You can get the mod here.

Descriptions taken from the readme file:

---------------------------------------------------

After Ending Mod

---------------------------------------------------

This mod will allow you to go back to the previous planets after the ending scene. You may go back and do those quests that you may have left out.

One very important note though, this game is not designed to be played after the ending scene (duh!). Thus, there are probably many glitches that will happen if you use this mod as I do not change the game. This mod merely teleports you back to the ebon hawk at the very end. I expect many glitches to be

found.

Installation: Just extract the one files into the Override directory.

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------

SW: KotOR Modding Enclave

----------------------------------------------------

Another Note: I have not tested this with the darkside ending. Please tell me if it works. Thanks.

Ok so one place I have plenty saves at is the end. I tried first with a DS character and after the credits nothing happend it just went to the title screen . :( too bad.

Then I loaded an LS character and everthing well I spawned at the bridge of the ebon hawk so I selected dentooine as a destination :D and the I was attacted by the sith fighters and my game went all f***ed up :mad: so I couldn't play and I had a CTD

Thats not the fualt of the mod though it's been happening ever sinse I installed 1.02 and CATs 4.2 . Im not certain but I think it is the res 1280x1024 that was introduced in the patch which I have been using.

Thanks for the info T7. I just updated the file so that both ending will work now.

However, I just found out a major bug with this file. Many of the quests reset after the ending. This beats the whole purpose of the mod lol. So don't bother using this mod for now. I will try to fix this first. I will still leave the download available though.

It seems that most quests have their flags reset once you pass a certain point of the game like the star forge. So, there is no way to be able to continue the quests from where you left previously for those quests that have their flags reset. You have to restart them from the start. So this mod will basically just let you go back to most places, but you still have to redo the quests from the beginning. You do keep your level, items, etc.

a few suggestions,

add a way to take off the level 20 cap

add an option to suvam (rodian dude at yavin station) after the end of the game to visit a temple, then have it go to a bit of a redun version of the dantooine temple, where u find the first starmap have some dark jedi or malak clone or star forge remnant sith droid with force powers or something there, when killed the remains could have every advanced saber crystal available along with some custom crystals perhaps, along with star forge and darth revan robes, would be something fun to do after ur done with the sidequest. Ofcourse this might take a bit of work and if u do not wanna do something so big, fine,

I'll enjoy the mod anyway :D thnx dude, thnx alot for this great mod

Looking good gameunlimited, hope you can find some way to stop the quests from resetting.

Admiral Chemix, that actually sounds pretty cool, I could make the files for the saber crystal, and the creature creator that is gonna come with KotOR Tool soon could make whatever you end up fighting, so I think if gameunlimited could pull it off, it'd be rather cool.

You know what would be cool. If after you beat the game. If your lightside you can get your own republic ship at your comand or if you beat it darkside you could get your own sith ship like Malak's ship. You could still do your side quest by using the ebon hawk but either one of these ships would be where you dock your ship after you leave a planet.

Those ideas that you mentioned are really good. However, those mods will require some work and not to mention more story contents to be put in.

However, this mod is only a very simple mod that I created, like in 10 mins. As mentioned above, it only teleports you back to the ebon hawk at the very end. I did not even touch anything after that point.

I might work on something that extends the story after the ending, but probably not now as I am working with Zhoken and F-Bomb to create a mod that is just as good. We are planning to add more story involving Yuthura and her past, along with some additional sidequest involving her. Perhaps after I am done with this, and if there is someone who wants to write the story for after the ending (as I am a bad story writter), then I will try to make it.

If you like, I've been wanting to take a crack at a (Yadda yadda spoiler)

(( post-action Taris storyline for a while. ))

Or, at the very least, I'd like to contribute some ideas to whoever does do it.

Or, at the very very least, I'd like to play it. :-)

After some considerations, I think I will have enough time to create another mod while still working on this Yuthura one. The Yuthura mod will still be my first priority, but if im not working on it, I can do another one. So, if you think you have a good idea that you want to be made into a mod, I will be glad to help you.

Things I can do:

1. Create "new" items, armors, NPC, and other things based on the old files.

2. Create new modified planets based on the existing ones.

3. Create dialogs and other types of NPC interactions.

4. Make new quests. Basically if you have seen it in the game, I can do roughly the same things.

5. Use the animations and video effects that are available in the game.

6. If you can do retexture, I can incorporate it into the mod.

7. Probably some more, check with me.

Things I can't do:

1. I am not good with artistic things, so don't ask me to create a new texture.

2. Neither am I good with story making, so all of the ideas will come from you

Things you have to do:

1. You will have to write out the actual dialogs in the form of questions and replies just like the game.

2. Have to come up with your own story. This means that you have to plan things like: first go to this NPC. Then he wil say this. After that you go here, and do this, etc. I will leave all these details to you to decide.

That's about it. If you think you want to do this, just PM me with your idea. If I think it is doable, maybe we can work something out. This will be your mod, I will just be there to help you with the technical stuff and make it into a mod. Tell me if anyone is interested =)

There's gotta be a way to keep the quests from resetting... I tried to go back and do Bastila's sidequest but the

guy that you help kill the Krayt Dragon

just leaves after I talk to him because I already helped him. SO... I can't go in the cave or I get eaten.

Hey gameunlimited, I was wondering if you have ever noticed a script that makes Bastila be an unselectible NPC on Korriban. I would like to make it so you can take her with you on Korriban. I was thinking Why can't she just where a disguise so her face isn't showing.

Your probly thinking why would you want to take Bastila with you on Korriban, well i've been poking around in the dialogs on korriban and I have discovered she has a few conversation interjections. Although Im not certain if there are VO's for those lines sinse the Devs completely blocked bastila from being able to join you there.

I'm just really waiting for there to be enough game altering mods before I bother to play the game though for anything more than to test a mod.

On a side note i think there Might be a way for game events to effect more than just the PC. meaning if a partymember joins you in an evil or good act there alignment will also shift. though that may just be a wish on my part.

Last thing is I would like to see at least one new quest per game area or at least take some of the shallowness out of the darkside quest results.(I always hated the "give me your credits or die thing" why would even a dark jedi bother with such petty crimes)

The Story is geared toward an LS end result, But I hope to change that a little, so that atleast a DS story will feel different than the LS one. I think it would be cool to be able to go to have to make an early choice of light or Dark and if the player chooses Darkside you would go to Korriban then infilltrate the jedi .I'm not expecting you to do this ofcourse I'm just thoughing some of my ideas out there.

Well anyway enogh of my ramblings. :)

The actual code to prevent Bastila from leaving the Ebon Hawk on Korriban is in one of the suplimental scripts. Um... Should be the area in k_sup_galaxymap.nss that reads:

//While on Korriban Bastila is not available to take outside the Ebon Hawk.
   //After the Leviathan Bastila will never be available again. I put this check in to
   //make sure she does not get made selectable by accident after the Leviathan.  It also
   //does not allow Bastila to be taken on to Korriban
   if(nSelected != 30 && nKOTOR == 15)
   {
       SetNPCSelectability(NPC_BASTILA, TRUE);
   }
   else if (nSelected == 30)
   {
       SetNPCSelectability(NPC_BASTILA, FALSE);
   }

I believe if you change the last line I showed there to read TRUE instead of FALSE, and then recompile this script (remembering that it includes all the following scripts as well and they MUST be in the folder (or in the module if using the NWN tools) when you compile it):

"k_inc_utility"

"k_inc_debug"

"k_inc_ebonhawk"

"k_inc_stunt"

Bleh.. that's a convoluted way to say it.. point is, make sure those included scripts are available -whether in the same folder or else added to the kotor! module for NWN tools, then change the line I mentioned, and I belive Bastila will be selectable on Korriban. I haven't actually tested it, and for all I know there may be other checks for it somewhere, but I knew I'd remembered seeing this one at least. ;)

-Kitty

heh :) , Thanks Kitty I'll try that out.

edit:ah ha! I just did a quik test and it worked perfectly. :) :) :) and when I entered dresdai I told the sith to kill :lightning

those three hopefulls and bastila had something to say about it :dev7:

Now I only did a few seconds into Korriban, but from what I just say Bastila will have a few more ways to berate you and there is VOfor her. :)

I love it when we can unlock things the devs locked. IF anyone else wants the file to let you takeBastila on Korriban here it is

Thanks Kitty. It's good to see you around here more.

Archived