Home

After Ending Mod

gameunlimited

• 2 years later...

* a thread from the Golden Era of KotOR modding *

@Seamhainn: You can get T7Nowhere's Bastila on Korriban mod from PCGM here.

Sadly, gameunlimited has not been around in a long time. Fortunately for this community, his links are still active. It's nice to see one of his threads pop up again since he contributed a great deal to the knowledgebase of KotOR modding in its early days, particularly in the area of scripting.

Hello!

I asked in another thread about tutorial for modding. A hint showed me where all the tutorials are listed. I am still reading...

I thought, I use the very cool "After Ending" mod for KotOR 1, which is very nice. When one visits all the different places some NPCs show up and have something to say. This is fortunate, unfortunately some scenes and dialogues kick in which should already be handled, and the Starforge is still there.

Can I somehow set the game variables to "alls finished" and delete the Starforge from the Galaxy map?

Also, as a starting and learning point, how can I initiate a new dialogue with say LS Bastila to make some more word fights and drive on the romance for example?

Thanks for any help!

Seamhainn,

I have merged your thread with the mods original release thread. Which was near the bottom of page 1 as it had been bumped recently, and you had posted in it. Please keep all questions about a mod in their respective threads.

Luckily your question is definately answered in this thread.

Thanks.

Edit:

Thanks for the info T7. I just updated the file so that both ending will work now.

However, I just found out a major bug with this file. Many of the quests reset after the ending. This beats the whole purpose of the mod lol. So don't bother using this mod for now. I will try to fix this first. I will still leave the download available though.

It seems that most quests have their flags reset once you pass a certain point of the game like the star forge. So, there is no way to be able to continue the quests from where you left previously for those quests that have their flags reset. You have to restart them from the start. So this mod will basically just let you go back to most places, but you still have to redo the quests from the beginning. You do keep your level, items, etc.

Thanks RedHawke!

I contacted Gameunlimted if he is still in the modding business and if I can use his mod. There may be a slim chance I get an answer...

I read a bunch of the tutorials lately but could not find a hint regarding my following question, so bear with me if it is already answered somewhere: Is there a possibility to decompile .ncs files into .nss files so I can see what Gameunlimited did in his scripts?

Thanks for all the great help!

Thanks RedHawke!

:D

I contacted Gameunlimted if he is still in the modding business and if I can use his mod. There may be a slim chance I get an answer...

A very, very slim chance...

I read a bunch of the tutorials lately but could not find a hint regarding my following question, so bear with me if it is already answered somewhere: Is there a possibility to decompile .ncs files into .nss files so I can see what Gameunlimited did in his scripts?

This thread here has a link to a NCS decompiler, but it is for TSL not KotOR I, but it might work. Other than that the only other decompiler I know of is stoffe -mkb-. ;)

Archived