Home

Im Now On Star Wars Galaxies! - Officially!!

Lord Haine

Sorry everyone i was so excited to get onto the game that i forgot to list my details

Im on the Starstrider server as i heard good things about that.

Im a scout, have no idea what else to say

And my name is Haine Suras.

So far its been amazing! Just been playing it for one and a half hours straight hehe.

The only thing is im finding everything so hard to understand, i have no idea how to do anything, i.e make a camp, i have 7 hides but no bone, and i cant kill anything at the moment as im rather weak, i have no idea how to learn new skills or profressions, but hopefully, in good time, it will come to me :)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, and its great to be a part of the community!

Originally posted by Lord Haine

Sorry everyone i was so excited to get onto the game that i forgot to list my details

Im on the Starstrider server as i heard good things about that.

Im a scout, have no idea what else to say

And my name is Haine Suras.

So far its been amazing! Just been playing it for one and a half hours straight hehe.

The only thing is im finding everything so hard to understand, i have no idea how to do anything, i.e make a camp, i have 7 hides but no bone, and i cant kill anything at the moment as im rather weak, i have no idea how to learn new skills or profressions, but hopefully, in good time, it will come to me :)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, and its great to be a part of the community!

If you picked Tattoine or Coreillia as your starting point then you should be fine. Just use your weapon on anything animal in town, or anything from the town boundaries to 20m out and you should be fine.

As for camps and such. Once you kill an animal, bring up the radial menu (hit the "~" when a creature is dead and selected) and choose harvest resources. Pick bone or hide, your choice. My suggestion is to find a scout or looking around and ask for help. Make sure to tell them its your first time.

Im trying to get to Coronet, im in the city second down from the top right hand corner, I cant remember the name of it, Is there anyway to get to other towns quicker than just running endlessly trying to escape some hard enemys? For me there hard anyway

The only things i can kill are Bunnys and Butterflys, Haha.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Hide and Bones come from killing the small beasts from missions. If you click on them and hold your mouse button, options will come up to Harvest bone/meat/hide. You can only harvest one thing from one animal.

It might be worth you picking up Brawler to help kill the creatures.

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Visit a trainer. You will see them in spaceports etc. Click on them and they will ask you about learning a new profession. It will cost you XP (small amount) but will help you gain new skills. Then it becomes a juggling act of where you want to go in terms of combat etc.

Skills can be withdrawn but cost huge amounts of XP and with so much grinding needed in Galaxies, chose wisely

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

hehe grinding? You will find out soon enough.

Its a term used to describe the way you build up your XP (experience points) in game.

Example... you need 70000 points to hold a toothbrush.

So you have to 'grind' for hours to get 70k points.

DMUK

Originally posted by DarthMaulUK

hehe grinding? You will find out soon enough.

Its a term used to describe the way you build up your XP (experience points) in game.

Example... you need 70000 points to hold a toothbrush.

So you have to 'grind' for hours to get 70k points.

DMUK

Yeah, theres another SWG weakness like DMUK has said again and again. This game is basically not for casual gamers, it's either power or nothing. ;)

Originally posted by Krafter

I reckon Correllia is a great place to start. Coronet especially!

Oh yeah, Devian is that your in game name?

Mines Davian on Eclipse :lol:

lol, nope. Licklack is my ingame name on Bloodfin.

Devian is the alias I use for my digital art.

Im trying to get to Coronet, im in the city second down from the top right hand corner, I cant remember the name of it, Is there anyway to get to other towns quicker than just running endlessly trying to escape some hard enemys? For me there hard anyway

The only things i can kill are Bunnys and Butterflys, Haha.

Take the shuttle, if you have the cash. if not, beg or grab some missions.

To find the shuttle, when in town type /waypoint shuttleport

Thanks DMUK, im gonna start again as a Twi'Lek on Bria, Hopefully i can meet McCusto there and maybe get abit of help, man this game is confusing to a 14 year old...

:p:rolleyes::D

P.S. What is grinding?

Hey thanks glad to hear it I have sort of helped Soupy and I am sure I can help you for a Teräs Käsi I will see what I can do well one thing I know I can do is give you a vehicle and some creditz and armor

Originally posted by Wraith 8

:rolleyes: not really... other way around :p he send me a few Private messages asking where to go :) just trying to help out

first its a few private messages, then its a few hundred emails THEN HES AT YOUR DOOR WITH A BIG KNIFE AND CALLING HIMSELF OJ

• 2 weeks later...

Archived