Home

Ties in episode III

Glaive v.1

• 2 weeks later...

I am little confused. Is the new Jedi Starfighters the actual proto-type tie fighters? They don't look like Tie Fighters at all except for the one side of the cockpit. I do hope the tie fighter proto-types are different ships than the new jedi starfighters. It would be cool to see clonetroopers piloting the new tie protos.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Glaive v.1

the shipyard that built mauls sith infiltrator was the same yard that goes on to build the ties for the empire. the infiltrator was a kind of prototype desgin of the ties.

I believe it was Sienar fleet systems who built Maul's ship and also the TIE fighters.

In the old online documentary "wedgie it out", the Jedi star fighter seems to have its inspiration taken from the Star Destroyers, which are built by Kuat Drive Yards, so it unlikely that the Jedi Starfighters are TIE prototypes.

We might see shiny, fresh off the production line, y-wings though. They were supposed to be fairly old ships by the time of the battle of Yavin, so you can't rule anything out!

(sorry Lynk, didn't pay attention to your post there)

Originally posted by joesdomain

I have a feeling that a Y-wing or some Y-wings will be stuck in the background of the film somewhere along the way. You will probably have to watch the film more than once to catch it.

I second that!

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I don't have the issue with me. I was just commenting on the article posted on starwars.com about it coming out. You can click on the coverart photo on the site and it enlarges enough to see a picture of what looks like a jedi starfighter and tie fighter cross. I could be wrong!

I think the jedi starfighter design is the same as the tie-fighter, based on the cover of the new insider issue. Check around theforce.net, you might be able to pull up some pics of the cover there. Theres also a pic of what could be the Separatist flagship.

Originally posted by Siv

jedi_star_fighter_4.jpg

Here’s a picture found on supershadow, who we all know is as about trustworthy as a great white shark with a sign around it's neck saying "come play with me, I swear I wont eat you" … but then you never know.

AHEM!!

Originally posted by Siv

either you're joking or you really haven't been reading some of the other threads.

if you're not joking, just to bring you up to speed....

Supershadow is full of sh*t!!

ok? good

by the way, the empire came up with the plans for X-wings but the rebels stole the plans.

Archived