Home

If SWGB 2 added heroes......

FroZticles

What would you like to see...

Think about what kind of heroes would make a good hero for each civ 3 abilities max make as many as you want just dont go overboard ill make up one off the spot..

3 abilities max make as many as you want just dont go overboard and tell us what they counter against!!!!

Republic Special Op Commando

Abilities- Sniper, increases clone trooper fire power while in a group, Can train 4 clones to become snipers but they cant give the bonus and are weaker than there hero

Effective against troops and mostly enhances his fellow units.

Weak vs Jedi and other heroes.

Have fun!! :D

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get what you mean by "Medium armor has a sniper pistol that shoots every 3 sec". What is that???

Imperial Officer:

Orbital Bombardment: Calls in an orbital strike on a certain area. May not hit every target in the area.

Range Aura(Give me a better name then this): As an officer, with his binoculars he can help his fellow trooper target enemies. Increases LOS and Range of ranged units.

This ain't like WC3 invincible heroes I believe.

Well this thread wasn't put up to hear your opinons on whether you want heroes in the game or not it was so people could create there own. Windu not every battle will be large scale youll still have your rushes like it or not. And I'm still wondering why you post here cause in your world your the one thats right you have no tolerance for rejection and are to stubben to change things which aren't your ideas in the first place so move on and let us have some fun.

PS I might create a UBER!!!!! template if I get the time.

Here are some heroes I'd like to see:

Walrus man: disrupts enemy troops by going around saying he doesn't like them and pushing them over. Countered by jedi.

Uncle Owen: Gives a huge bonus to all farms within a certain radius but won't let you attack the enemy cos it's too exciting.

Admiral Ozzel: A hero for the rebels. His clumsiness and stupidity allow them to detect surprise attacks. Dies very easily.

Rancor keeper: Controls wild animals. It's like luring but better...

The Rebo band: Their inappropriate musical interludes cause all enemies within a certain radius to die of embarassment.

R5-D4: Breaks down, creating a smoke screen which blinds enemies.

General Dodonna: Has a beard. Er, that's it...

Yes, most amusing Saber. :D

Windu, how can you not want heroes? They're just like RoN's Generals.

Sorry, had to be said.

Anyway I've done Hero rules for my design. They're called Commanders. I've also done the heroes for the Confederacy and Empire, the rest are coming soon.

Here's the links:

:atat:Commanders Overview

:atat:Confederacy Commanders

:atat:Galactic Empire Commanders

You're right, Froz. After posting these guys, I reconsidered it. I'm not terribly happy with what I've got there, so please ignore it until I have something better. :)

I'm thinking now on moving towards only a single hero per civ. These characters would be pretty powerful, but you still need to back them up. They'd be a little bit like the characters in Generals, though the main difference is that the characters in Generals are meant to operate on their own while the heroes I'm thinking of work best with an army. Each hero would not necessarily be balanced with the heroes of other civs, and as such they would cost different amounts.

These are the heroes I'm thinking of:

Confederacy: Count Dooku

Galactic Empire: Darth Vader

Galactic Republic: Obi-Wan Kenobi (my reasoning on choosing Obi-Wan over Mace or Yoda is that I think we'll see a lot more how great a Jedi Obi-Wan is in Episode III, plus he's such an important character)

Gungan Grand Army: Jar Jar Binks (Jar Jar would be pretty cheap, and I think the only abilities he'll have is that somehow things just seem to work out - based mainly on the bits in the Grass Plains battle where he messes up but it ends up destroying heaps of droids anyway)

Rebel Alliance: Luke Skywalker

Royal Naboo: Padme Amidala

Trade Federation: Darth Maul

There has been some debate when WC3 came out about keeping the hero system for SC2.

Just think of it for a sec : a marine hero (what the heck is that?!?!?)

Heroes are more for medieval/fantasy games. I just can't see a SW game with heroes.

Keep heroes for the campaigns : what happens if your Darth Vader dies in a skirmish? End of the game? What about Luke?Keep in mind that a great game's strength is in replay value, and in the case of an RTS, that means multiplayer or skirmish vs cpus. Therefore, most peeps will play these modes, and most of the battles would be the classic "build your base and then destroy your oppenents".

If you really want to have heroes, make them "normal Jedi/Sith". You could have more than one (but not an army), and THAT would make sense with what SW is.

Archived