Home

The Passion Of The Christ

Paragon_Leon

Without making this an instant discussion about christianity per se or the whole discussion surrounded the movie The Passion (i know, i know..hard to avoid..), i just wanted to hear from those who've seen it. I'm going to a press screening here tomorrow morning (it opens here in the Netherlands april 1st)..

It's a really powerful movie...

I go into the theater with friends talking and having a decent time...all of us were kinda nervous cause we'd heard the movie was something that'd blow you away, but we weren't too sure we'd be all that blown away. I mean we'd done studies on the cruxifiction and how horrible it was suposed to be...we knew...or I thought we did.

There is nothing to equal seeing the movie...admittedly, he probably lost more blood than humanly possible...but it was a very shocking experiance.

We came out of the movie theater not saying much of anything...2 or 3 people were still crying from seeing it. We kinda just walked out to our cars...said goodbye...and then sat there...or I did. Just thinking. It's deffinatly a movie that makes you think...

If you come into it with the right mindset...well...this movie is going to be one of the most powerful experiances of your life.

I think that is the only time I've ever heard the entire Senior High dead silent for any length of time. After that movie you could've dropped a pin while people were filing out and everyone would've known. Emotionally overwhelming for me, very hard to sit and watch. Not recommended for the faint of heart.

Originally posted by Artoo

I think that is the only time I've ever heard the entire Senior High dead silent for any length of time. After that movie you could've dropped a pin while people were filing out and everyone would've known. Emotionally overwhelming for me, very hard to sit and watch. Not recommended for the faint of heart.

Did you watch it as a...school related activity?

Originally posted by Darth Homer

Did you watch it as a...school related activity?

Such are the joys of Christian-Private schooling. Over 300 high-school aged people, most of them idiots. All of them dead-silent. Filing out of the movie, some stone-faced, others silently weeping, others looking like they were about to hurl.

Powerful movie is an understatement.

Archived