Home

Jedi Academy SDK for Macintosh

Robinson

Originally posted by Robinson

I purchased Jedi Academy for the Macintosh yesterday.

And having discovered a cornucopia of mods and other little goodies available for this game, I'm wondering if there is a Jedi Academy SDK for the Macintosh available?

Welcome to the community! I own both Mac and PC versions ... just played my fourth time through, this time on my Powerbook. I love the game.

As stated, the mods will run on the Mac as well as PC, but the tools are all PC.

I suggest getting the Destroyer map - Macgamefiles has a Mac friendly version.

Mike

Originally posted by Robinson

But I'd like to create my own mods.

I don't want to be leaching off people all the time.

I'd like to give back to the 'community', so to speak.

That's great! (see how nice Mac people are).

It depends on what you mean by a "mod" (see my definitions here).

You could start of by making skins or even models. For that you would need a graphics program (like Photoshop or something simpler) and for modeling a 3D modeling program (I am sure there are lots of them for Mac because it's so strong in the graphics\animation industry). You can learn about those things in the Skinning and Modeling forums.

You will need Stuffit Deluxe to make .zip files that are renamed to .pk3 files.

You can also do some mapping. They are porting the mapping program gtk Radiant to OS X. Read about it here. Learn about mapping in the Mapping forum.

If you are able to "speak" C, you can do real "modding" using the source code in the SDK and the free C authoring and compiling tools that come with\run under the UNIX part of OS X.

As an experiment I swapped a saber texture for something else, just to see how much trouble it's gonna be.

Expanded the .pk3, located the .jpgs, changed texture, swap, zipped it and renamed it .pk3. In the end it wouldn't load.

Yup, it's gonna be a long road for us potential Mac modders/skinners. :(

Archived