Home

Improved Imperial Officer Model

HapSlash

Originally posted by DogGy

I hope you will look after for these models

- /model imperial/officer ( Brown one)

- /model imperial/commander (Black one)

If you're asking whether or not he will be doing color variations, I believe he's already stated that there will be several different colors from the films.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were no blue or brown officers in the movies. That's what I don't like about Raven's influence on Star Wars fans. Now, people see a black-uniformed officer (which is supposed to be a Stormtrooper Officer, one of the lowest ranked officers in the forces, in an off-duty uniform) and think "Imperial Commander."

There were only three colors shown in the movies: black (Stormtrooper Officers and NCOs), white (ISB Officers), and gray (commanding officers). I'm not going to go into the EU, it's far too misleading and unsupported.

That's not olive gray... there was no olive gray uniform either. Once again you've confused a greenish color with the standard field gray.

Originally posted by TK-8252

There were only three colors shown in the movies: black (Stormtrooper Officers and NCOs), white (ISB Officers), and gray (commanding officers).

Yeah... It's possibly the dye in the material being based on a green pigment. (Like the way many black clothes are actually a REALLY dark blue under the right light)

Check out the wall behind Moff Jerjerod - it's a blue grey and really highlights he's wearing green grey... In fact that may be the reason the uniforms appear so green is that the walls are such a blue grey.

Either that or my monitor is so out of whack. :p

Anyway it's all fairly irrelevant. He He! ;)

MUCH nicer boots HapSlash! - Bit behind I know ;) - Did you ever do anything more with the Jedi Skywalker idea? (There just seems something wrong with the in-game one... can't put my finger on it. Just something odd.)

I haven't done much at all with the Jedi Luke yet, I still want to get a decent likeness down before I get too involved with it. But, I'll probably use the new officer boots when making him.

Originally posted by AlphaleX

http://www.swtroopers.com/imp_costumes/imp_ofc_uni2.jpg

It's the Olive Gray

Here are more shots of that exact same uniform from the exibit,...

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/exhibit/costumes.html#officer

You can see that it can look different under certain lighting, but it is predominantly gray in color.

Another thing, i see that some officers like grand moff tarkin, have two rank codes in the left arm and right, like this:

http://www.eyeonstarwars.com/trilogy/character/images/tarkin.jpg

not only tarkin, other officers also have two rank codes.

Most likely you mean fleet admirals. And Hap has already made one or two.

Admiral Ozzel:

imperial_02d.jpg

And on the far left:

imperial_01.jpg

Hap, I've been wondering for a while now, who is this officer? He looks either like Captain/Admiral Piett, or maybe Moff Jerjerrod? Or is he generic?

imperial_02c.jpg

That one was just a generic head made from scraps of other textures,...

I had started on a face for Piett, but didn't get past the base for it,... the original Imperial head just isn't built for it.

This is about as close as I could get the facial structure on the skin for it.

piett-test.jpg

From certain angles it looks all right, but as it turns you get some funky texture warping.

Originally posted by HapSlash

That one was just a generic head made from scraps of other textures,...

I had started on a face for Piett, but didn't get past the base for it,... the original Imperial head just isn't built for it.

This is about as close as I could get the facial structure on the skin for it.

piett-test.jpg

From certain angles it looks all right, but as it turns you get some funky texture warping.

wow, what did he take?

What rank skins would you plan on giving the three officer NPCs? IMO, the NCO could be the Imperial, the sub-lieutenant could be the ImpOfficer, and, well, I think you could guess what rank the Imp*Commander* would be.

Just to give some officer info (ignore if you'd like, I love to ramble), gray-uniformed officers really shouldn't carry weapons. As you can see many times in the Battle of Endor, they never carried weapons, even when going into battle (Imperial ignorance most likely).

Just one example, notice the officer running from the brawl:

ATSTDriverSlide.jpg

So for a little single player mod of mine for Jedi Academy, I've made the ImpCommander unarmed. But black-uniformed officers often carried weapons.

Sub-lieutenant with a BlasTech DH-17 Blaster Pistol (ouch):

censored2.jpg

Midshipman/ensign with a Merr-Sonn "Power" 5 pistol:

imp_ofc_holster3.jpg

NCO with what looks like a DH-17:

coloneldyer.gif

Same with this NCO (weapon blocked):

endor_071.jpg

[/ramble]

Good information, tk, but if the officer do not have weapons... what he do?

They run around unarmed until they can either snatch a fallen trooper's blaster from the ground or take a blaster from a gun rack on a wall.

Archived