Home

hutt cartel

Should the Hutt Cartel be a civ?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Hutt Cartel be a civ?

• Yes
    • No

Most definitely not. Apart from the fact that all they have are some infantry and some cargo skiffs, the fact still remains that they just don't go to battle. Yes, I've said it billions of times before, and I'll say it billions of times again if I have to. The "wars" the Hutt Cartel wages are only called such for lack of a better term - they don't have standing armies that march to the battlefield, instead they use underhanded schemes to fight. Anyone seen The Godfather? Exactly the same as the "war" in that.

Sithmaster used to in the past bring up the fact that LucasArts originally intended to develop the Hutt Cartel into a playable civ for Clone Campaigns. I think the fact they didn't says something.

See Windu this is the attitude we are talking about you reject our advice or block it out entirely. If you can't impress 6 people how are you going to impress thousands of as you put it "Crazy Star Wars fans"

And if that last comment was you leaving then we all might agree on something for once

froz - i really dont care if i can impress 6 or 6,000,000 people. I created this template of mine because it was fun, and i thought that it might be possible for a small group to work together to develop an idea of what they wanted for a sequel.

As for specifically impressing anyone here, the only person whom i actually respect and listen to whenever he posts is saberhagen. Vostok also seems to generally be fair, although he has his bad days (ie troopers shooting at aircraft).

As for the rest of you, if you like what i have to say, im happy, if you dont like what i have to say, i really couldnt care less.

As i said at the start of this post, i assumed that a small group of dedicated fans could work together to create a template for a SWGB sequel. Now, however, i am just plain sick and tired of personal insults and the like.

I dont have to put up with it, and i will no longer do so. I have far more important things in my life right now (like Uni) than a computer game.

Originally posted by Darth Windu

I dont have to put up with it, and i will no longer do so. I have far more important things in my life right now (like Uni) than a computer game.

Who are you kidding, you don't have better things to do. And you won't stop. The game's been dead for awhile it makes no sense for you to stop now. You've been attacked for YEARS and now it bothers you?

ditto ^

And its pretty hard to create a template when you shut most of us out and don't want to hear what would make it better. Saberhagen hasn't posted a bad thing about anything he just knows how to soften the blow as where I just tell it as I see it.

Originally posted by Darth Windu

Yes, you've been posting for years and now you have better things to do...maybe you could have realized that after the Gunship thread...

All you can do is say "I'm right, you're wrong" whenever we pointed out some flaws.

At first, none of us flamed you but after awhile, heck even I have my limit.

I only started flaming lately since nothing would go through your damn thick skull.

We(the rest of us) are open to criticism. Vostok changed many ideas he had in his template because of our criticism and so did Sith. You only the other hand...

Windu, despite what others may say, the truth is this forum would be a lot less interesting without you. I ask you to do your best to stay involved with the forum, though lately I can see why you might want to leave. In the absence of any Mods I ask everyone to set aside their flamethrowers for a while.

i thought that it might be possible for a small group to work together to develop an idea of what they wanted for a sequel.
I too would like to think such a thing is possible, but the problem is that you seem to have restricted your "small group" to a size of one. I like to think that for the most part the criticism we provide is constructive in nature, but after a few pages of your flat out refusals to consider any other point of view but your own, I'm afraid our constructive criticism often turns to outright flaming and personal insults. As a sad side-effect of this, there are some members on this forum who will jump in from the start with the flames, disregarding anything you have to say straight off the cuff.

So I ask you to maybe be a bit more open minded when asking for reviews of your ideas, and at the same time I ask everyone else to try and give Windu a break for a bit. If you would like a community to give feedback on your ideas, that's what we're here for, but if you are just making your designs for the small group of one, perhaps the forum isn't the best place.

I agree completely with Vostok. COMPLETELY.

The forum would be boring w/o windu. However, when he comes up with some of the ridiculous ideas that he does, either without facts or simply WRONG facts... and someone points it out to him and he just denies the facts... it's hard to keep your cool with him.

My most recent example is how he stated the Mon Cal had a bigger part to play in Star Wars movies than the Wookiees. Gave no examples and ignored the ones we pointed out against him.

Sorry, but he has a tendency to piss people off.

He needs to realize he does that and either accept it or change his ways if he doesn't like the effects of his actions.

Woohooo!!!!

I made it to Windu's "I don't listen to you list". After almost two years of perpetual arguing, though:(.

Seriously, I think that Windu, although somewhat stubborn and foolish, should be commended for his courage. He was essentially the only person to post all of their ideas for the game, knowing full well that they'd be ridiculed. And, of course, what would LF be without Windu?

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe they should add organizations to specific planet maps and location maps where that civilization can ally or be enemy with a certain organization. The organizations might not play favoritism for either team and thus fight both sides or stay neutral. I think the organization such as gungans, geonosians, hutts, sand people, jawas, or ewoks should make there own troops, etc. Like jabba's palace should have his goons defend his palace if someone comes near.

• 2 weeks later...

If you could go to certain planets that have hutt control such as tatoonie. Then have places like mos eisley, mos espa, and jabba's palace in the map. They could have there own units to protect there perspectively buildings. For instance, Jabba's Palace the sarlacc pit could be close by plus jabba's henchmen could stay inside jabba's palace until some civilization wanders by the palace. Then they come and fight. Have the palace be indestructible and be able to produce as many units as possible as long as the game is going on. They should include such species and charcters like gran, rodian, quarren, barada, nikto, klatoonian, gameroaan guards, rancors, bib fortuna, bossk, boba fett, IG-88, zuckuss, 4-LOM, dengar, greedo, weequay, jawa, and other jabba henchmen from ROTJ.

Archived