Home

GamingForums Power Freak Admins

WadeV1589

n0e I'm sure you have everyones best intentions at heart, but I'm not so sure you understand that sometimes problems stem from the admins.

One of my threads were closed mid-discussion that didn't involve the staff at all, they have the right to post, duh, but we were discussing (which seeing as it's a forum we have the right to do). However good old AzH came over, had a go at me, then when I replied, he closed the thread. This thread then got deleted.

In that case I started a second thread to find out why this is the case. The result? Sarcastic post from AzH and thread closed, deleted.

Finally I make a thread (annoyed I admit) as to why I'm being treat like dirt by staff, particularly AzH...what happens? I get banned by AzH because I supposedly was the wrong guy; not once was AzH questioned about the way he was acting towards me.

On top of that he had a go at me blaming my sexuality on me needing to be proud in any way I can which was totally out of order...any response from senior staff towards him? Not a thing...now if I had said something like that about him, oh boy, instant temp-ban without question.

Don't go preeching when your own staff are so twisted. It's a pitty it really is but I won't back down on this after all AzH did. I will not tolerate it and will speak publicly about it because in the end, you'd rather it be swept under the carpet and sooner forgot about than actually face it and sort it out.

From the emails I was fowarded that you wrote to him, it seems you have more of a vendetta against him than he does for you.
Of course you totally forget the fact that maybe I wrote those emails in response to actions by Azh, ever think of that?

Originally posted by Michaelmexp

But if it were kept in a private conversation wouldn't the outcome be the same as it being discussed in public?

Well, the debate can contine in private. We prefer this. In a public forum the discussion would be closed.

Originally posted by WadeV1589

n0e I'm sure you have everyones best intentions at heart, but I'm not so sure you understand that sometimes problems stem from the admins.

One of my threads were closed mid-discussion that didn't involve the staff at all, they have the right to post, duh, but we were discussing (which seeing as it's a forum we have the right to do). However good old AzH came over, had a go at me, then when I replied, he closed the thread. This thread then got deleted.

and which thread would this be? We don't delete threads, we move them to a hidden forum for reasons such as this. I'd love to see what you said to him to anger him so much. Sorry, I'm not going to join your crusade against azh.. because that's all it seems to be at this point in time.

In that case I started a second thread to find out why this is the case. The result? Sarcastic post from AzH and thread closed, deleted.

If you had followed the rules that you agreed to, you would know that making a new thread about a closed discussion isn't allowed. I believe I mentioned that in my reply.

Finally I make a thread (annoyed I admit) as to why I'm being treat like dirt by staff, particularly AzH...what happens? I get banned by AzH because I supposedly was the wrong guy; not once was AzH questioned about the way he was acting towards me.

On top of that he had a go at me blaming my sexuality on me needing to be proud in any way I can which was totally out of order...any response from senior staff towards him? Not a thing...now if I had said something like that about him, oh boy, instant temp-ban without question.

Something I can see turned out of context.

Don't go preeching when your own staff are so twisted. It's a pitty it really is but I won't back down on this after all AzH did. I will not tolerate it and will speak publicly about it because in the end, you'd rather it be swept under the carpet and sooner forgot about than actually face it and sort it out.

Something that can be dealt with here.. by this staff.

Also, don't go preaching on about how you were so abused, when in fact you yourself caused most of the situations that related to this mess. Do I want a mess to exist? Of course not.

Of course you totally forget the fact that maybe I wrote those emails in response to actions by Azh, ever think of that?

I did think of that, and yet you contiued to banter him.

I defend my staff fully. I discuss with them things that should be done differently in private. Something you should think about before dragging another community into something you believe should be on the news.

Thanks,

Jeff 'n0e' Mills

Gaming Forums Senior Administrator

Do you know why I posted this here? Think about it...that's right, I got banned by AzH. Did you see that thread where tFighterPilot asked why I got banned and the staff just went insane, spamming the thread to bits? That one got closed and deleted too...a fair question asked by a user of the forums destroyed by your staff leading to its deletion. Do you condone that type of action?

And seen as that happened does it not occur to you that sometimes the staff will just mess around and screw up? AzH is guilty of that just he then remembers he's an admin and screws with his powers.

"I'd love to see what you said to him to anger him so much" - well if you do indeed move them and not delete them, try and find the start of it, I'd love to know what I said to anger him as well...oh wait does this mean you agree he acted out of anger? Hmm I got banned because of AzH's mood, what an admin!

" If you had followed the rules that you agreed to, you would know that making a new thread about a closed discussion isn't allowed" - you know I'd swear if a thread gets closed by an admin and they say "that's the end of it" I'd agree but oh wait...it got deleted after a sarcastic post (it's called the last laugh by many which an admin shout NOT do...closing a thread should not be done with sarcasm from an admin nor insults). So it got closed by Azh after his beautiful post...and then totally deleted, a fair discussion. Dreadnought told me that before a thread is closed it has to have good reasoning....do tell me what the good reasoning was...your members were DEBATING FRIENDLY...where is the reason for its closure? Did it hurt anyone? No.

What you're saying to me is when a thread is closed, no matter how absurd or illogical the reason and even if it was done by an admin who just doesn't like you....we should let it pass. Oh wait no...you said we should email you; my bad, you're right maybe I should have skipped it and emailed BUT what proof would I have had? It would've been an admins word against mine and of course, he'd win; my only other choice was to make him muck up, give him an opportunity to slip up so I had actual evidence against him - it's sneaky and not a nice way to do things but he's an admin, he can get away with a lot.

"Also, don't go preaching on about how you were so abused, when in fact you yourself caused most of the situations that related to this mess" - and this sums it up...it's not Azh, of course not, the simple fact is I'm saying it is, he's had it in for me since I spoke freely in the melee (that place you can't take anyone seriously - he said).

AzH IS a power freak, major abuser and lets his personal feelings affect how he works in the forums. You don't have to believe me; I know you won't even if I could show you him acting out (which I can't because he banned me).

So because trying to argue a valid point at GamingForums is about as likely as George Bush saying "OK OK the war was personnel, no WMD's" then I'll continue to rally support elsewhere.

There is one major difference in this scenario between GamingForums staff and I, people who don't even know me agree with me on this and have past experience with your staff. At GamingForums the staff stick together along with one or two members who can do nothing better than suck up to you.

To sum up: if AzH was my boss and I was a lowly office worker and he constantly picked on my work and the stuff I did and then fired me because he didn't like it, even if it was good; would you stand for it?

I'm done with this.. it's apparant you just want to flame and bash on a member of my staff. No good will come of this.

And no, I'm not avoiding the questions, I refuse to dignify them with a response, something I'm entitled to do.

Have a good life here on these forums.

Thanks,

Jeff 'n0e' Mills

Gaming Forums Senior Administrator

In other words "I can't argue against you because I'm not too sure myself but to say one of my admins is wrong would hurt GF too much so I'd rather ignore you completely"

Sounds spot on n0e :) The argument of uncertainty is the "not dignifying it with a response" reply because the only argument you have is "admins are always right and never start anything".

It can suck being banned from a forum you often visit, but I think you are fighting for a lost cause. I also run a forum with quite a few mods, admins,... and even if they did something wrong in my eyes I wouldnt disagree with his methods in public. I would even defend him from all arguments thrown at him. It would only decrease his powers if I did.

(What would you say when a cop says yes to you and the major says no? Most likely the next time the cop says something you are likely to put it aside.)

But besides my public approval I would talk about his behaviour privately to resolve indifference and improve the forum atmosphere.

Except this admin publicly insulted me (and the general gay population) which defies what you're saying - how can you defend someone who'll go that far on the very forums he's supposed to control?

On top of that how can I fight privately when as you say you'll defend your team... I HAVE to do it publicly because it takes an entire army to make a difference to GF, a small group can do nothing, but a large group, that has a chance.

Chances are it will die down eventually but I won't let it die down without leaving a mark so in the future when he slips up this will be in the back of their minds.

No war has been won by saying "they're powerful"; be it a war of aggression or a war for rights; to make a difference you must stand up and face the people who would otherwise put you down, no matter how trivial or absurd some may see it. - Oh and to those who say 'it's just a forum'...a newspaper is just a forum in effect is it not? Except online you can actually reply to the topics and they can be just as important.

I understand you are frustrated at being banned, and wish your voice to be heard, and I hate to play devil's advocate, but this really has no place here. How the staff at GF run thier forums is thier business, not ours, and if you wish to continue this discussion, I suggest you do it via email.

Thread closed.

Edit/ Wade has asked me to post a link to his forum thread where anyone can continue this discussion if they wish.

http://www.stargatemods.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=202

Archived