Home

Need a modder!

CraZy_B

I was thinking about a mod to give new appearance to certain items. I mean you get Bandon's armor but it doesn't look like Bandons armor its just a f black combatsuit. So I want an item that do look like Bandons armor. And perhaps make a new jedi robe: Jolles robe - that looks like jollees clothing, bastila's robe etc.

You know what I mean. The thing is im a total idiot at modding stuff and i dont even hav such programs. And to download some framework to make them work is around 21 megs which is way too much for a 56k yaknow. So mooders please give me a hand here. I'm sure many people would appreciate a mod like this.

thnx in advance

I found trying to change the appearance of bandons armour rather problematic since it is an appearance file it affects the whole body so my character wound up with bandons white hands despite being black i suppose this could be fixed with a texture edit but you would need a new item for each skin tone which could be a bit of a pain

I thought that the idea was to mod the actualy armour you get from his corpse. to make it look like the one he is wearing. not vice verser, i.e making bandon look like the armour you get. Surely it would be wasier jsut to retexture his fibre armouryou get from his corpse.

Yeah if you wanted to retexture by hand it would be easy but i cant really draw so scrap that. Then i tried getting bandons body texture and attaching it to the armour in the 2da and the texture basically is everything but the head

Also Doom Dealer you mentioned needing somewhere to host your mods i can do that for you?

I have attempted to do this,But have been unsuccesful. :(

To make Bandons armor to look like it does on him You would need to add a new Model type currently the are only 10 models that are used by the PC then the appropriate texture for each armor is laid over the model.

Now here is the problem Why I think Bioware didn't make Bandons Armor look like it does on Bandon, but on the PC. I think and I also talked breifly with tk102 about this is that the number of models that can be used for each npc was hardcoded so we are limted to 10 ten models.

However as stated by another post you can change what model is used by each column. So if you wanted all jedi robes to look like Bandons then you could just put his body model and texture in the row of the PC you want to use. It's not the solution I want But it is the best that can be done.

Doom_Dealer send the mods to hawainshirt@hotmail.com i can take .zip .rar whatever and they will be hosted on its a work in progress ie the last half hour should be looking better by the weekend.

T7

However as stated by another post you can change what model is used by each column. So if you wanted all jedi robes to look like Bandons then you could just put his body model and texture in the row of the PC you want to use. It's not the solution I want But it is the best that can be done.

i found the same problem so unless people are willing to lose an armour class this aint happening

hey i dunno if it was just me, but when i started using the Darth Maul reskin that change the bald jap. when i used the Dark Jedi master Robe, the appearence changed to that of Bandons armor, i was quite confused, but it looked awesome, adn i was able to use all my force powers, unlike bandons armor your force is limited

That was done on purpouse. What he did is replace the jedirobe model and texture for bandons. Simple thing to do takes about a minute. I have even made on that does that for all male PC's when they wear jedi robes, except I didn't change the texture so if you use a black PC his hands will be white.

I have even made on that does that for all male PC's when they wear jedi robes, except I didn't change the texture so if you use a black PC his hands will be white.

That was as far as i got today, and since it didn't look as good as i hoped i cant really be bothered to retexture the hands, looks like revans robes are still the height of style for the fashion consious dark jedi

Archived