What aircraft do you like?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What aircraft do you like?

• Jedi Starfighter
    • X-wing
    • Y-wing
    • Republic Gunship
    • Tie Fighter
    • Snow Speeder (I think we all know tfigherpilot's gonna vote for this one.)
    • Imperial Shuttle

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason why the double post was swbattlefront.net server. I tried to post and froze so I tried to post it again. I know it wasn't my server because it is a university and all my other sites downloaded super fast. Back to the question, Tie Interceptor aren't that fast. They have the same speed as X-wings. Plus, many of the Star Wars Battlefront people working on the project in the interviews so far have mention that if you saw the starship or vehicle in the movie then it would most likely be in the game. I can't remember the exact quote or person who said it. If you go to the official website at Lucasarts.com there are lots of interviews.

No way Interceptor is as fast as an X-Wing. An A-Wing is about equal with an Interceptor. X-Wing is like a balanced vessel. Not too fast but not too slow. Packs a punch and can take a beating. Interceptor is much more faster. Proven in EU and games.

The only way to get a patch for X-box and Playstation 2 version with today's technology is for Lucasarts to offer it via online for the players who have online capabilities. If you don't have broadband connection for PS2 then you can't play at all. I wouldn't have any trouble getting memory cards to save games or internet adaptor to hook to the internet. But I have a 56K modem that is hooked to a phone jack that is at least 25 years old and at best would only connect at 20 or 21K. It is a good thing I am networked with a University network and get broadband connection while at school. I guess I am in trouble once college is over and go back home to my parents. For the record, I am just stating what I have read in interviews that game magazines have done with Star Wars Battlefront workers. It is highly possible that Tie Interceptors are in the game especially since they already mentioned the Lamda Shuttle for the Empire.

Originally posted by Eagle Warrior

i totally agree. you won't have to worry about flying. all you would do it protect the ship. also for a snowspeeder it will be kool just to shoot the harpoon and not have to worry about flying the ship.

I think I would be the one flying it.

There should be both A-Wing and Tie Interceptor, as both were in the battle of endor. There were B-Wings there also, but they aren't as importent.

I'm not sure, but at the moment I would say the Y-wing since I have a thing for old vintage fighters. I would like to see a version of the Y-wing with space for two pilots one handling the flying and firing with the other taking care of the ion cannon. I think most versions of the Y-wing are bombers as well.

About the TIE interceptor, from an early interview a person said that the Interceptor may not make it to the released version of the game because it is very similar in function to the TIE fighter, therefore there has to be significant difference for it to be included. However it is with little doubt that the interceptor will be avaible through other means like patch/expansion/mod.

Well I'm certainly going to be the pilot of the über REPUBLIC GUNSHIP. It is the best fantasy-vehicle ever created. But I just hope the pilot can shoot the rockets and not some gunner. The gunners should only have the green lasers.

About the 'missing' vehicles: I think the developers will save some for an expansion.

OK, here are all the vehicles for battlefront, including ground (just for the count).

Republic Gunship

Jedi Starfighter

Droid Starfighter

Tie Fighter

Imperial Shuttle

X-wing

Y-wing

Snowspeeder

AT-AT

AT-ST

Speeder Bikes

AT-TE

Hailfire Droid

Homing Spider Droid

Armored Assault Tank

Tauntaun

Like i said before, just a recount. One idea that maybe usful if you're playing as the Republic is to take a Republic Gunship with about 2-3 Jetpack troopers and sneak behind enemy lines and capture spawn points. :jawa :jawa

Originally posted by GlobalStrike

OK, here are all the vehicles for battlefront, including ground (just for the count).

Republic Gunship

Jedi Starfighter

Droid Starfighter

Tie Fighter

Imperial Shuttle

X-wing

T-wing

Snowspeeder

AT-AT

AT-ST

Speeder Bikes

AT-TE

Hailfire Droid

Homing Spider Droid

Armored Assault Tank

Tauntaun

Like i said before, just a recount. One idea that maybe usful if you're playing as the Republic is to take a Republic Gunship with about 2-3 Jetpack troopers and sneak behind enemy lines and capture spawn points. :jawa :jawa

WTF is T-wing?

Archived