Home

JKA Tactical OR just another Point and click game?

Dead Soldier

I have been play JKA since it came out...I perfer to use a Singal saber strong style...Becuse it more then just aim and click, maby picking a few spical moves... After play for some time i got really good at my strong style....But recently there has been a "unbalance in the game" the normal style of sbaers has it bounis and weakness and is even with the other sabers in all but one way... when you find out you can use a simpal point and click style in the right way( not hard to find out once you do it) that makes you swing faster, swing more, swing harder, and even swing longer distance then any other syle(Including dubble sabers and staff)... Makeing it to my knowlage, unbeatable. I have spent a lot fo time trying to find weaknesses for this style(lots of late nights 1 on 1)...becuse all moves in JKA have weaknesses one way or another right? Times i won was becuse of more lucky then anything else...the diffrent moves i tryed to counter all the diffrent styles and sabers i used...nothing can counter it...it has no recover time and swings at a unbeavable speeds...players that use it know what i mean... So my question is WHY!? why would lucalarts put such a simple point and click style in a game thats suspose to be a great fighting game? doesnt make any sence? sould i look else where for good melee fighting games? Anyone have any input on my rambles? lol

What point and click? Could you elaborate? Of course FPS games are point and click! Aim your saber (point) and press attack (click)! All of us do it, albeit in a different manner, like other moves besides forward slash, if thats what you mean. Every saber style, I repeat, every saber style has a weakness. I usually own saber staffs and double sabers users with red style, but red style is easily beaten by yellow. Yellow, in turn, can be beaten pretty easily by staffs and double sabers.. So.. Does that answer your question?

Originally posted by Druid Bremen

I usually own saber staffs and double sabers users with red style, but red style is easily beaten by yellow Yellow, in turn, can be beaten pretty easily by staffs and double sabers.. So.. Does that answer your question?

...that just prove how much skill JA takes

Originally posted by Druid Bremen

I usually own saber staffs and double sabers users with red style, but red style is easily beaten by yellow Yellow, in turn, can be beaten pretty easily by staffs and double sabers.. So.. Does that answer your question?

Originally posted by Side

...that just prove how much skill JA takes

Fortunate that you're stuck with the saber type you picked at the start of the match then, eh?

To simply put it, JA is what you make it. If you can 'beat' people with random 'point and click', then that's great. However, you'll find duelists that have some strategy in the way they spar/play, and don't just overuse a particular stance. Saying: Red is weak against yellow, yellow is weak against staff; that's all crap. Depending on how creative you are, and how you bend the chains and combos with the saber, there is no: Rocks-Paper-Scissors formula to JA...

Not to sound arrogant, but this is coming from someone that can be extremely difficult to beat in a duel...Yellow might be the answer to the slow and vulnerable style of Red, but if the red user fully knows the weaknesses of the stance, i'm sure he could figure a way to overcome yellow.

Still, as Obi-Wan said, everything is "from a certain point of view..."

I think this is just another subjective debate thread, isn't it?

Either you like JA or you don't. Either you liked JK2 or you don't. Maybe you like both games, maybe you like one, maybe you don't like either.

The differences between the games are subtle. Just as people still continue to debate the differences between Mac and IBM clone pc's, between Pepsi and Coke, etc. some really get into the nitty gritty differences, other's couldn't care less.

The key is not to flame and to try to see the other side's point of view.

Me, I liked JK2 (in some ways it was better than JK1/MotS, in other ways not as good) and I liked JA more (still better in some ways, the same in others, etc).

Each to his own I say. JA had more players for many months, and then JK2 made a major comeback and (last I checked a few weeks ago) had more players online.

Take whatever you want from those stats, since as we know many games have tons more players and that doesn't mean you have to like them! ; )

The skill thing goes back and forth. Some say X beats Y others say Y beats X, other say they are equal. Who knows? As long as there's always somebody better out there, isn't it always possible for somebody to beat somebody else?

The bottom line for me in the "Is JA a good or bad game" debates, I think a lot of people assume that the ONLY component of these games is saber dueling. I think this misses the point, this is only ONE aspect of the game, like it or not, that's what the developers intended.

Originally posted by Pnut_Master

I hate to say it, but that advice is perfect for this. All sabers have their strong points and their weakpoints. Just need to learn all three of them :D

Originally posted by Pnut_Master

To simply put it, JA is what you make it. If you can 'beat' people with random 'point and click', then that's great. However, you'll find duelists that have some strategy in the way they spar/play, and don't just overuse a particular stance. Saying: Red is weak against yellow, yellow is weak against staff; that's all crap. Depending on how creative you are, and how you bend the chains and combos with the saber, there is no: Rocks-Paper-Scissors formula to JA...

Not to sound arrogant, but this is coming from someone that can be extremely difficult to beat in a duel...Yellow might be the answer to the slow and vulnerable style of Red, but if the red user fully knows the weaknesses of the stance, i'm sure he could figure a way to overcome yellow.

Perhaps you are right, and I acknowledge that, but I usually fight others with what I said previously, and I don't feel that I have many problems with it. Even so, I'm not the best duelist, and obviously there are other tactics that can be used.

Originally posted by Sam

Yellow DOES NOT beat red.

The only way yellow can beat red is if the red user just does simple combos and the same moves over and over then its open to stupid yellow swide swipe spam.

Sam, do you have any idea what the hell you are talking about? You sure don't seem to be.

And in reply... I believe, if you want to get a little respect in the MP portion, you have to have some skill... as for the SP, its your choice, its fun to sneak around in some levels, and sneak up and Drain kill stormies, like a snake... ^^

Originally posted by Sam

Yellow DOES NOT beat red.

The only way yellow can beat red is if the red user just does simple combos and the same moves over and over then its open to stupid yellow swide swipe spam.

I defeated a top class Blade Works Network league duelist twice with yellow sideslash and back to forward diagonal sweeps effectively timed, and he was using red very very well, and butchered me if I tried to use said red. A good yellow can defeat red if it is timed correctly and you're good at dodging. Of course it must be stated for full disclosure this was a No Force duel server, all blading.

Plus I recall beating you with yellow if you're Psycho Sam..

Originally posted by Lathain Valtiel

I defeated a top class Blade Works Network league duelist twice with yellow sideslash and back to forward diagonal sweeps effectively timed, and he was using red very very well, and butchered me if I tried to use said red. A good yellow can defeat red if it is timed correctly and you're good at dodging. Of course it must be stated for full disclosure this was a No Force duel server, all blading.

Plus I recall beating you with yellow if you're Psycho Sam..

Ahh, yes, sideslash... My winning move. I always use that while my enemy's doing a red overhead swing, catching them while their guard's down. It really is a very effective move, but I'm sure there are more better ones.

Archived