Home

Destructable Structures

Eagle Warrior

It's possible, though I would question the neccesity of including it. I mean at our technology level the reliance on bridges to facilitate troop movements is all but nonexistent, hell the Army Corps of Engineers can layout a temporary bridge in a matter of minutes. I really can't see it being a oft used tactic in the Star Wars Universe, but eh who knows...

Who says that a bridge has to cross water? It can just as well cross a chasm, in which case it becomes extremely important - unless your troops can fly.

It's true enough that with flying vehicles you can ship troops in - but there are times when it becomes too risky to enter a hot zone due to the risk of being shot down - which means it is more prudent to drop troops some distance away and make their way to the target on foot (or in a ground vehicle).

By the same token, a bridge can offer a potential route of escape for ground forces if air support is cut off.

So personally, I don't see why bridges would become automatically redundant. If there is a good enough scenario for using them in the game, then they should be there. And if they are there, then of course they should be destructable. There are a couple of Enemy Territory maps that require one side or the other to build a bridge to move a tank across - and it can lead to some intense battles.

BTW...I'm changing the title of the thread to reflect the content. Naming threads with 'Highly Doubt it' doesn't tell anyone what the thread is about. We'd appreciate it if thread-starters make the thread titles clearer. Thanks. :cool:

And just so people don't start threads about destructable toilets, feel free to discuss anything destructable in this thread. It makes things easier.

Eh. To be honest, I do doubt that the enviroments will have anything destructiable about them with the exception of certain objective-based buildings/objects.

Battlefront is extremely similiar to the Battlefield games and they lacked any sort of free destructiable enviroments besides turrets and such.

Originally posted by Evil Dark Jedi

How about the bridge gets blocked by lets say a AT-ST on endor that has been blown up.Any suggestions?

:bdroid2:

I would imagine if vehicles are totally destroyed, they will eventually vanish (like corpses) and respawn. Unless destroyed vehicles have to be repaired to use them again, in which case the team who wants the vehicle would have to repair it. That could lead to an intense firefight over 'ownership' - like the battles to keep the tank moving in Enemy Territory (Gold Rush and Fuel Dump maps).

I like the idea. I think that everything should be destroyable. So, one of the best things to do in a battle is destroy the enemy respawn centre. But really, terrain stuff like bridges is awesome. You can slow the advance until they get some airships to ferry people across with chasm maps, and troops have to wade slowly forwards with water maps. Funny.

Oh, and the trees and stuff should do damage when destroyed. Remember the logs in RoTJ? The AT-ST's destroyed trees, and Ewoks used trees to smash them to bits. Wooden warfare!

I think blowing up bridges would be awesome, but i also think that the enviroment should be destructable only to certain point. Things like log traps set by ewoks on endor would either be spawned there or just be generated at the beginning of the game. But maybe it is possible that the ewoks will be able to make traps in the heat of combat. I just don't think it would be very good if entire buildings were being destroyed in a few shots from say, an AT-AT or AT-TE, it would get very laggy most likley from all the chunks of buildings laying all over the place. :jawa :jawa

Archived