Home

NHL predictions/discussion

coupes.

All I can say right now is Ha aha ha ah. Poor Colorado. They are getting served on a silver plate. There are eerie similarities in the games though between the Sharks and Avs games though. If the streak continues to play out like the STL vs SJ series you will win the next one but then lose 4 or 3-1 the game after than.

I am actually wishing for a Calgary TB game. The reason is that I hate the Avs because everyone here wants them to win so I say no to you. I hate the Sharks above any team I would have to say. It always varies between them and the Wings but since they beat us this year in the playoffs they again top the list. As I just mentioned Red Wings must go down mainly because we cannot beat them and their fans are almost as arrogant as people who like the Leafs. Calgary has done well so far and if you have ever seen Sutter smile it is truly wonderous and freaky.

In the East I don't want Philly to win. They need to stay semi-cursed and Clarke IMO is a horrible GM and deserves to lose forever. Toronto would be nice to win but again I hate their fans because they whine all the time. Montreal just doen't have the stuff besides Koivu and Theodore. TB has my guy Martin St. Louis whom I have had on my fantasy team for the past three years. He would have become more popular a little earlier if he hadn't broken his leg a back in the day. Also Khabi has something to prove and he is doing great.

Aebman is getting pissed. If we were up 4-1 in the last minute I would take a minor run at him in the sense that I wouldn't try to avoid him. He is letting peopel get under his skin and is losing his focus.

Avs going down and their farm team is crap. Not another cup for 14 years boys. I guess it was a good thing you signed Karyia and Selanne.

Hahahahahah!

BTP

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your words hurt me Paul :(

Yeah, things are looking down for us right now, and after we played SO GOOD last night, we still just couldn't win. doesn't look like a cup is in our cards this year, but you won't be rid of us. We'll be back next year, I promise you!

I'm not an Avs fan, but I really thought they could get through San Jose, or at least give them a little mor oposition. This only proves that Roy made the team, because with colorado's lineup, anyone would expect them to have no problem winning against ANY team.

Montreal hasn't played well either in their series, The problem right now is thieir 2nd line isnt producing. Ryder and Ribeiro's were the Habs' best pointers this year, bu Ryder has yet to score in this years series, and he and Ribeiro havent got a single point against Tampa. Now if they scored a couple, this would remove some pressure from the the Zednik-Koivu-Kovalez line and they would get better chances.

I think the Wings are gonna beat Calgary despite some very inspired hockey on their part. Kiprussof (sp?) is playing well but The Big Red Machine is too well oiled (gosh! I turned into a poet).

As for the Leafs / Flyers series, I think Philladelphia is gonna get the win because Toronto is missing some valuable peices of their team.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Your words hurt me Paul :(

*Pretenting to be ET* Hey Paul how many Cups have the Blues won? How many have the Avs won? That is what I thought.

I would also point out that the Blues farm system isn't the best. We have some great goaltending prospects. Most of our D is adequate. We have Belle and Walker who might get full time jobs next year and Backman graduated this year. I am also interested in a guy names Pollock who played about 11 games for us. Hell of a slapshot. About 90-100 mph. He needs to work on his D and he could make it in the NHL. Our forwards suck major butt. Sejna is our only hope on the LW. Center we have a few ready for 3rd line duty in the next year and about 2 possible 2nds in about 4 years but nothing guaranteed. Our RW is pretty atrocious.

All in all our D looks good, our G promising, our forwards with the exception of about 4 probably won't ever make the NHL.

Again Colorado's system is worse but still. Your best bet was Ballard but y ou traded him.

Drury for Vaananen! What a rip off.

BTP

Originally posted by BigTeddyPaul

Drury for Vaananen! What a rip off.

We traded Morris for Vaananen, who is a very solid defenseman. I was not dissapointed with that trade. Also, the farm system is not the only important part of a team...what about trades and free agency. The Avs seem to be doing just fine with that, Konowalchuk is the MAN and you gotta love Barnaby.

Originally posted by the_raven_03

We traded Morris for Vaananen, who is a very solid defenseman. I was not dissapointed with that trade. Also, the farm system is not the only important part of a team...what about trades and free agency. The Avs seem to be doing just fine with that, Konowalchuk is the MAN and you gotta love Barnaby.

He brings up a valid point. Our GM knows what he's doing when it comes to trades and pickups. At least most of the time.

OMG paul you're changing this into a flame war. yes i will agree that the avs haven't played very well against the sharks. but i will say that it takes an incredible amount of skill to be in the playoffs 8 consecutive years...players and front office have contributed to that. dazzling trades have brought in players for that final push. but it all comes down to seven games. a lot can happen in seven games.

Originally posted by --ZeeMan--

OMG paul you're changing this into a flame war. yes i will agree that the avs haven't played very well against the sharks. but i will say that it takes an incredible amount of skill to be in the playoffs 8 consecutive years...players and front office have contributed to that. dazzling trades have brought in players for that final push. but it all comes down to seven games. a lot can happen in seven games.

Agreed. Talk all you want, just wait for my Lightning to take home the cup. ;-)

It takes skill to go to the playoffs 8 years in a row? Mwhahahahaah! The Blues have made it 25 years in a row. They have also made it to the Finals 3 times and got swept every single time so we have never won a game in the Finals. Stinking Bruins.

Flamewar no. Just the rant of a tired mad fan who invests too much into a team that chooses not to win come playoff time. This bitterness then gets directed at all teams still playing as opposed to the real felons who are now playing golf with their multi-million dollar contracts.

Drury and Yelle for Morris, McAmmond, and Shantz. I think it was Shantz. Teams: Colorado to Calgary.

Gratton, Vaananen, and a 2nd rounder next year for Morris and Ballard (small but good prospect; not a A prospect but a B+). Teams: Phoenix to Colorado.

So Drury for Morris for Vaananen/Gratton. I would much rather keep Yelle and Drury than to do all that. I don't get that trade.

Good hockey tonight!

BTP

So Drury for Morris for Vaananen/Gratton. I would much rather keep Yelle and Drury than to do all that. I don't get that trade.

What's not to get? I mean teams need different players that fits the style of play that the coach wants. At the time of the drury trade, colorado needed a good young defenseman to perhaps take over the defensive core one day. Well maybe when he was traded to pheonix for Vaananen it was sort of the same thing.

Originally posted by the_raven_03

How many consecutive division titles have the Blues won?

We are in the same division as Detroit. Excusssse me. Detroit beat out every team this year in poitns. Came in third last year (1 behind Dallas, 5 behind Ottawa). Had the best record the year before that. Tied for second the year befor that (7 pts behind Colorado).

I also take solace in the fact that Hull, probably the greatest non-goaltender to have ever put on the note, and Shannahan have helped them. Both ex-Blues and both went for the wrong reason/time.

As I said it isn't really a burn because I was the one who suggested the shortcomings of my Blues. I also have said how tired I am at making the playoffs only to lose in the first round year after year after year. Bitterness is a part of life as a Blues fan.

Also the fact that Tkachuk (19M over next two years with team option for 3rd at 5M), Weight (about 14.5M next two) both have no trade clauses. Demitra makes 6.5M and is a RFA who will likely be traded due to money woes. Pronger is a RFA who will make about 10M as a qualifying offer.

In just those 4 players that is about 25-30M. We still have 14 other positions not including depth and backups. That is more than about 3 teams.

ERG!

BTP

Originally posted by .:CoupeS:.

For the record:I would probably react the same way if the Habs were to win tonight :p

You know it man.

Seriously, Colorado went NUTS last night. We were so excited, even though the odds are so heavily against us it's enough to make me cry ;)

Worst case secenario, we get beat on saturday, but at least we weren't swept!

Originally posted by .:CoupeS:.

Exactly what I thought...

But you know what would be great.. Montréal vs. Colorado in the finals. With the cup going Montreal's way of course ;)

However I don't think either of the team is gonna make it out of this round.

hey, there's always hope :) we could all get lucky somehow

:o Yeah, I know.

Montreal lost but I had fun while it lasted, Tampa obviously was a better team, but they got some lucky breaks and without their goalie, they would have had much more trouble winning. Khabby stole the 2 games in Montreal, the Habs outplayed them in the 2 games but couldn't get past him, on the other hand TB got some garbage goals and capitalized on some mistakes.

Anyways it's all over now and I can concentrate on watching the Avs loose their series ;)

Goodie goodie goodie goo. If I was a Sharks fan I would start to get worried. Going back to Colorado is going to be pretty rough. At least you Avs fans got a few extra million for the next game at home so even if you lose you will have a little bit more money. Speaking of money did you see Sakic? I wish we had performers who could come through and be the best players on their team. I would trade every forward we have for Iginla right now. Even though Kipper is the greatest goalie right now 90% of all their offense is caused by him. Unbelievable. I still remember when Calgary traded Nieuwendyk to Dallas everyone was pissed in Calgary. Now look at him go. He is probably the best RW in the entire league.

I still want to see SJ vs Calgary and Tor vs TB with Cal vs TB and TB winning it. Go Khabbi.

BTP

Archived