Home

I noticed something wrong in episode 1

tFighterPilot

Originally posted by .:CoupeS:.

It's not the same person...

I can accept the fact that there are two people called Bail on Aldaran, but by starwars.com database, Wedge's father wasn't called Bail.

So that means that there are two people called Bail on Aldaran, AND two non-relative people with the last name of Antilles.

Also, Bail Antilles is not mentioned in Starwars.com database, but that isn't too weird.

Wedge, a Corellian, was born and raised in outer Gus Treta, a fueling depot and spaceport owned and operated by his parents, Jagged and Zena.

Think of it this way: There are a lot of people who have the same last names and yet are not related to each other in any way. And who's Captain Antilles related to? I mean the first guy we see choked to death by Vader in Episode 4. Wasn't his name Captain Antilles? And what about Wedge? Who's he related to?

There is an actual mistake later on when at one stage due to a dodgy cut natalie portman is playing both the queen and the hand maiden on screen at the same time its on the way back to naboo if memory serves correctly

Senator Bail Organa was the First Chairman and Viceroy of Alderaan, a hero of the Clone Wars, and the head of the Royal Family of Alderaan. - Star wars databank

Two Bails, two different characters. It should be noted that "Antilles" is sort of the Star Wars equivalent of "Jones," and "Smith." There have been numerous characters throughout the films, books, and expanded universe material named Antilles, but almost none of them are directly related. For instance, Corellian hotshot starfighter pilot Wedge Antilles is not related to Bail Antilles. Nor is he related to C-3PO and R2-D2's former master, Captain Antilles, the Rebel officer whom Vader chokes to death in the opening moments of A New Hope.

http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/steve/askjc20000717.html

I think that conclusively clears this one up

Archived