Home

Hoth Siege Player model mod.

Cosmos Jack

I worked on a small model switching mod for the Imperial side of the Hoth Siege map. Changed the Imp Racketeer and Demo to variations of Snow troopers, the IMP Sniper to a Scout Trooper and the Dark Jedi to a Chrome Shadowtrooper. I also put the Keldorian Jedi on the Rebel side in Hoth clothing.

The Scout Trooper is by "Monsoontide, Keshire & Duncan_10158" The Chrome Showowtrooper skin is by "Lee Wright"

I felt these models best suited the map. The ChromeST really blends into the map. I was thinking about making the Sniper into a Snowtrooper also the only thing that makes the Infantry, Racketeer, and Demo different is different colored shoulder pads. The tech stayed the same.

So far this works for me as long as the server running the map isn't on forced models. So it can be player side only.

I also converted the Rebels into Hoth gear. So I used the jedi models and their different variations in Hoth clothing. The 3 Human males as Inf, Rocket, and Demo. 1 of the Human Females and Tech and the Keldor Jedi the same but in Hoth clothing like now. That effects the models in the Merc vs. Rebel siege so I took that out.

Here is some of the Icons and Screenshots.

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=77712

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=77726&poll_id=0&warned=y

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=77727&poll_id=0&warned=y

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=77728&poll_id=0&warned=y

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in anything like this before I go through the trouble of getting permission from he guys that made the skin and the model I used. Even if not I could still put a regular Shadowtrooper and covert to the Sniper to a Snowtrooper. Other then the models you see it doesn't affect the game in anyway. Just adds some verity and change.

I was thinking about using the imp commando model to replace the tech. I think I extracted that from the Dark Forces Demo. I don't remember.

Though this sort of thing isn't really hard to do as long as you have basic knowledge of what's going on. Looks like nobody gives a rats butt about mine thought. So I'll let it go at that lol

Originally posted by Cosmos Jack

I was thinking about using the imp commando model to replace the tech. I think I extracted that from the Dark Forces Demo. I don't remember.

I considered that too, but, he'd be awfully cold out there with temperatures below freezing and no Hoth clothing. ;)

So I used the Imperial Commando for the Tatooine siege (I converted the Mercs to Imperials just since Imperials are just way more interesting :p ).

I used my AT-AT Pilot skin for the Hoth Tech, because I plan on having someone code a new siege limitation where a class can be restricted from using certain class vehicles, and I'll have only the Tech be able to use the AT-ST.

And LightNinja, do you have the Star Wars Incredible Cross-Sections book? On the AT-AT page, there's a picture of a Scout Trooper on a speeder bike on Hoth.

Originally posted by LightNinja

its right but, a scout trooper at hoth?

Hmm as apposed to Rax Joris as the Imp Demo? Or Lando as the rebel sniper? I think he looks a little cold?

The only character that is in the right outfit is the Snowtrooper everyone else is clearly not ready for the cold. What made me think about using the Scouttrooper as a sniper is that is what they look like they are doing in "Star Wars Battlegrounds" Video... Sniping them dam Ewoks...

I was thinking about expanding into a rebalance mod that changes the values of the characters and the characters themselves. Would like a nice map to go with it.:( Someone was working on a hoth map with AT-ATs? I think. I have been more partial to siege, because for the most part not very many cry lamer and you can play them game without the stupidity. recently it seems that this has spread to siege servers to?

Originally posted by LukeKatarn

But, a jetpack is necessary for that level and now it is GONE (If you use the mod I mean.)!!!

Incorrect. I already tested the mod publicly, and there's no reason you have to have a jetpack. The jetpack was actually pretty annoying.

Bah, how is the Merc Scout supposed to get to a good sniping point without a Jetpack? He sucks otherwise, and the Jedi move too darn fast. Without it, he's even weaker than the Rebel Scout, since he doesn't have a cloak...

I love the idea of new skins, but taking out the Jetpack is not a good idea, for reasons of balance.

I had a similar reaction to the "Korriban with Guns" mod released some time ago. I think messing with the (gameplay of the) existing Siege maps isn't a very good thing (unless of course it's done by the original authors who have an idea of the balance and how it was intended to play, such as the case with Destroyer2). I mean with enough work you could balance it, but everybody has their little pet peeves about the maps and changing things around usually doesn't lead to anything good, because of balance. I'm not talking about fixing exploits, but things like taking out the jetpack or giving people new weapons.

Again, no offense. I'd rather see NEW siege scenarios with these ideas in place, but I know that's a lot to ask since its so much more work.

As to famous characters, if you say we have to take out Boba Fett just because he's not "generic" then we have to take out Chewbacca, Jan Ors, and Lando as well! I know TK you have a different philosophy when it comes to Siege classes, but still.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. ; )

When playing siege, it's insane how many people choose (and dominate with) the Jedi class, and how many n00bs flock to Boba Fett. And, the Rebel Infantry class is just way super overbalanced. He has an E-11, Repeater, Flechette, Trip Mines, a Big Bacta... while the Snowtrooper just has an E-11, Repeater, and E-Web. And all the classes have either too much or too little health. I've made the health of the siege classes what it is for the NPC of them (I've done many changes to NPCs as well).

Look at Castle Wolfenstein classes, Kurgan. They're all generic. You don't play as Hitler or Helga, you play as the grunts. Soldiers, engineers, medics, lieutenants.

I've already tested the mod with some clan members and allies, and they really liked it. They didn't need cloaking Landos, jetpacking Boba Fetts, and lightsaber-throwing Jedi to have a good and balanced game.

I've made siege more how the movies played. No clones of Jan, Chewbacca, Lando, etc. And I don't believe I ever saw anyone using "cloaks" in the movies either. ;)

I'm looking for someone to do some coding changes for me (I've already done some simple stuff waiting to be compiled) like having air strikes called by the Officer (former Demolitionist class, which served very little purpose other than to annoy) class that are called via binoculars. Also, a fusioncutter inventory item for Techs to use to repair mechanical things, like vehicles, turbolasers, emplaced guns, etc.

I would have to agree on the classes being based on generic characters. I was hoping that Siege in JKA would be a lot like Enemy Territory for Castle Wolfinstien. "Witch is free download and you don't need Return to Castle Wolfinstien to play." I wasn't hoping it would be free, but was looking for the same feel.

The balancing is all wrong and the fact that some characters have 50% health ok so you jump in the game 1/2 dead?

As for Jedi, Jetpacking Boba Fetts, and Cloaking Landos. I say keep the Jedi, make Boba Generic Mando skin, and replace Lando with whatever. Though The Human merc would be nice for the Merc sniper.

I really don't care about jetpacks and cloaking. Jedi something could be done creative with them. Even though they are overpowered compared to other classes and with the right person can run the map.

Maybe have a numeric limit on the number of jedi per team and have it switch to the highest scoring person on each team every round.

As for Koribann and the Demo Jedi. Either give all Demo to both sides or take the class away. The Jedi Demo is underpowered compared to the Dark Jedi Demo.

The balancing is all wrong and the fact that some characters have 50% health ok so you jump in the game 1/2 dead?

This is so you don't have to waste all your ammo just to kill one person. The way that people have way too much health in multiplayer is horrible in siege. I've given the classes the health that the NPC of them has in single player.

As for Jedi, Jetpacking Boba Fetts, and Cloaking Landos. I say keep the Jedi, make Boba Generic Mando skin, and replace Lando with whatever. Though The Human merc would be nice for the Merc sniper.

No Jedi. The throw spam domination and n00bish flocking to the Jedi class absolutely ruins siege. I had a vote on my mod's forum and it was in favor of removing Jedi. Boba is already replaced with an Imperial Scout Trooper. Lando is already replaced with a Rebel Commando.

I really don't care about jetpacks and cloaking. Jedi something could be done creative with them. Even though they are overpowered compared to other classes and with the right person can run the map.

Making Jedi underpowered is unrealistic. They're either uber-1337-omgwtfbbq-powerful or none at all. After all, the name of my mod is SWR - Star Wars Realism.

Maybe have a numeric limit on the number of jedi per team and have it switch to the highest scoring person on each team every round.

That's impossible without some major C++ coding. And there were no Jedi in the Battle of Hoth, were there?

As for Koribann and the Demo Jedi. Either give all Demo to both sides or take the class away. The Jedi Demo is underpowered compared to the Dark Jedi Demo.

I'm not even going to bother changing the Korriban siege classes. That siege map is a total mess.

I've already tested the new classes with some clan members and allies, and they loved it. Not to be arrogant, I'll still consider new ideas, but I've already gotten the siege classes how I want them.

Originally posted by TK-8252

I've already tested the new classes with some clan members and allies, and they loved it. Not to be arrogant, I'll still consider new ideas, but I've already gotten the siege classes how I want them.

As far as being arrogant I wasn't making suggestions in relation to your mod just the game in general.

For the Hoth Siege map and there not being Jedi at the battle of Hoth. The Hoth Siege map isn't the battle of Hoth. It's set in the games time period like the other maps. So Jedi could be there. That's if you want to get down to that type of reasoning.:o

Archived