Home

Console server questions

caine2578

This is probably a stupid question but I was wondering if the PS2 and Xbox servers would be linked somehow so that the 2 consoles could play together? I read in a magazine somewhere that some PC players would be able to host rooms that would admit console gamers. If so would it be a room with 32 players or the regular 16 like the console gameplay. I will be playing the PS2 version but would like to be able to play in a room with more than just 16 players (more kills :) ). Also would the game be respawn or would it be like Soccom after you die wait till the next round?

Originally posted by caine2578

I hate when forums have ignorant people

Speaking of ignorance...

"Console gamers will be able to battle against 16 players over the Internet or 32 players connected via LAN. PC gamers will be able to battle against 32 players over the Internet or 64 via a LAN."

This was taken from the official press release. Mr. Sounds Ricky was suggesting that you get the PC version because it is the only version that supports more than 16 players.

There is no way to cross-platform play with the X-Box Live system, and even if there was, it would still be 8vs8.

Gameplay will be very similar to The Clone Wars (as it is being developed by the same studio). Players will respawn -- the game will end when all checkpoints are taken by one team.

So before you shoot off about ignorance, please do your own homework.

-- Lingo

Correction before you shoot your mouth off you should try to read my post. I know that even if the console gamers could play together it would be 8vs8, that was only part of my question. The other part is where I read in the surge magazine that some pc players would be able to host rooms that would admit console gamers. That is what I was asking about more players. If a pc players host a room that allows console gamers would it then be more than the 8vs8. Give me your address lingo and I'll send you a copy so you can do your homework.

The only thing I read of different platforms playing together was tge POSSIBILITY that PS2 and PC could join the same game (I've read it in one preview). But I haven't heared something about that after that one preview, so I guess the answer on your problem is no.

Furtermore, It would be nice if you title reflects the thread itself.

If you don't care being nice, it's also in the forumrules titles should reflect the thread's issue.

I would verify your source of information. The console versions of the game will support autoaim and that is definitely a feature that will be skipped on the pc. I can't verify that, but given that every FPS on pc is manual aim I'm fairly certain of this fact. In other words, the gameplay features on console and pc will be different enough that people might want to buy both versions. Got to love LucasArts for coming up with that one.

Different gameplay features means that each platform will most likely be independent of each other. PS2 and XBOX compatibility over a network is a possibility, but unlikely given that their platforms have zero titles, that i'm aware of, that are cross compatible. Console and PC is even more unlikely given that the gameplay features will be different in addition to any network issues that console to console, or console to PC, might have.

Check this article to verify the update about autoaim on consoles.

And before anyone drags me into this flame war thats brewing, let me say this.

Before the moderators get involved, it would be better if this matter is resolved peacefully.

caine2578 it's important that you stay on topic in a thread. This thread went from a simple question to a mud slinging contest, mainly because you started to insult the other posters/readers.

tFighterPilot - what can i say. didn't answer the question he asked and it would have helped if you posted some relevant information to his question rather than critique his style of posting. That alone started this whole chain of negative posts.

Idei

Originally posted by Idei

Before the moderators get involved, it would be better if this matter is resolved peacefully.

caine2578 it's important that you stay on topic in a thread. This thread went from a simple question to a mud slinging contest, mainly because you started to insult the other posters/readers.

tFighterPilot - what can i say. didn't answer the question he asked and it would have helped if you posted some relevant information to his question rather than critique his style of posting. That alone started this whole chain of negative posts.

Idei

:wstupid:

Keep these discussions civil, please.

caine2578...I recommend you read the forum rules about posting. You can find them stuck at the top of the forum. ;)

As for the server issue - in an interview a Lucasarts representative did say that a PC can be used to act as a server for PS2 consoles. Further than that, he didn't offer nitty gritty details. However, the official line has always been 16 online and 32 LAN for the console versions, so I wouldn't expect those parameters to change. So if you want to play more than 16 people, you're looking at a LAN party.

Anyway, try to keep on topic with your posting - and ensure thread titles reflect the content of the thread.

Archived