Home

Jedi revamp and overpopulation!!

reelguy227

Will the Jedi revamp make the jedi profession easier to get and way overpopulated?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Jedi revamp make the jedi profession easier to get and way overpopulated?

• We will have jedi coming out of our ears!!!
    • Yes
    • Kind of
    • No

If I decide to buy this without a doubt I will try to never become a jedi.

It seems like a very boring experience and from what I've seen the lightsabres look like those hasbro ones anyways. I'd rather have a good lookin gun rather than some toy thing.

Isnt the idea of jedi councils and enclaves just plain stupid to anyone but me? This timeframe didnt have jedi councils or enclaves other than that one that flamefls was talking about ,but its just so stupid for this point in time in the sw universe!!

They shouldnt have put councils and enclaves in with the new revamp and they should make the way to becoming a jedi ridiculously hard ,harder than the first way to become one ,with this new revamp !If anyone agrees with me please tell me if you do .

Thanks

Originally posted by flamefls

yeah they should make jedi have to accomplish really really hard stuff and then send bounty hunters and sith after them

the idea of bounty hunters is an awesome idea ,they should be hunting them like crazy and also vader and the empire should be hunting them like crazy!

i wonder why the devs didnt have the empire do that ? yet again i agree with flame!!!

Originally posted by flamefls

lol it seems as though the empire is just a fraction of its former self, and jedi should have to like kill rancors and nightsisters before becoming jedi

i agree,but even that can get easy ,the jedi profession should be ridiculously hard !!!!!!!dont yu agree?

Wow, lots of new faces around here, so many of you will probably take what I say as slightly arrogant, however:

I grow weary of the whining about Jedi. For those of you that don't know me, for awhile I was the resident game mechanic expert here. What I shall say is this; With my template, I have NO issues cutting down Jedi of up to, and including, Novice Dark Jedi status. We have tested our Jedi extensively, and they truly are quite pathetic. So much so in fact, that I don't even want one. Never the less, for those of you that actually think these Jedi are tough, well, you haven't really fought one yet have you? Jedi suffer the same 'no defense' issue BHs have. Therefore, they are little more than sitting ducks with a lot of cool powers. I battled a 4444 Novice Jedi that ate through his force trying to hit me. Then I cut him down like so many Rebels before him. Jedi are tough, but not over powerful.

From the SW side of it, look at it like this:

There may be an overabundance of wannabe Jedi in the game, but very few will ever actually be Jedi. There were Force Sensitives all over the place in SW, but many would never realize it or receive training. This is the way I view those that have not yet mastered their first Jedi rank.

Originally posted by Deft Aklin

Wow, lots of new faces around here, so many of you will probably take what I say as slightly arrogant, however:

I grow weary of the whining about Jedi. For those of you that don't know me, for awhile I was the resident game mechanic expert here. What I shall say is this; With my template, I have NO issues cutting down Jedi of up to, and including, Novice Dark Jedi status. We have tested our Jedi extensively, and they truly are quite pathetic. So much so in fact, that I don't even want one. Never the less, for those of you that actually think these Jedi are tough, well, you haven't really fought one yet have you? Jedi suffer the same 'no defense' issue BHs have. Therefore, they are little more than sitting ducks with a lot of cool powers. I battled a 4444 Novice Jedi that ate through his force trying to hit me. Then I cut him down like so many Rebels before him. Jedi are tough, but not over powerful.

From the SW side of it, look at it like this:

There may be an overabundance of wannabe Jedi in the game, but very few will ever actually be Jedi. There were Force Sensitives all over the place in SW, but many would never realize it or receive training. This is the way I view those that have not yet mastered their first Jedi rank.

Yes, but there are other dangers when adding Jedi to such a game, than being, possibly, ruled by them.

First of all, we have the Jedi rewamp here, and then later the combat rewamp, which includes buffs etc... I believe. Who knows how that will affect the Jedi. My fear is it will be a positive one.

Second of all, if you give all a possbility to become a Jedi, many will try, many will fail, and will eventually go crying away from the game and quit (no offense, I'm exagerating the crying part :) ). Now I know that is something the Devs definatly don't want (don't say it, DMUK, don't even think about saying it. :D ).

Thirdly, adding Jedi to this game as a player thing, screams continuity break so loud that all the other continuity breaks put together pales in comparisson, and adds to detract the Star Wars feel of this game.

And fourthly, post alittle more often, Deft, we enjoy your presence and comments around here. :)

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

Yes, but there are other dangers when adding Jedi to such a game, than being, possibly, ruled by them.

First of all, we have the Jedi rewamp here, and then later the combat rewamp, which includes buffs etc... I believe. Who knows how that will affect the Jedi. My fear is it will be a positive one.

Second of all, if you give all a possbility to become a Jedi, many will try, many will fail, and will eventually go crying away from the game and quit (no offense, I'm exagerating the crying part :) ). Now I know that is something the Devs definatly don't want (don't say it, DMUK, don't even think about saying it. :D ).

Thirdly, adding Jedi to this game as a player thing, screams continuity break so loud that all the other continuity breaks put together pales in comparisson, and adds to detract the Star Wars feel of this game.

And fourthly, post alittle more often, Deft, we enjoy your presence and comments around here. :)

I AGREE ,YET AGAIN,IM SORRY BUT THEY SHOULD BE IN THE GAME ,THERE MAY HAVE BEEN FS PEOPLE BUT THEY DIDNT HAVE LIGHT SABERS ,AND JEDI RANKINGS AND ENCLAVES WERE IN THE OLD REPBULIC ,WHY DONT WE JUST CALL IT OLD REPUBLIC GALAXIES,WHOEVER AGREES WITH ME SAY I !!!!Ill be posting a thread,its a petition for no jedi actually, called no jedi in the dev forum everyone come into it and sign the petition please ,thanks all ,bye.:)

Archived