Home

Jedi revamp and overpopulation!!

reelguy227

Will the Jedi revamp make the jedi profession easier to get and way overpopulated?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Jedi revamp make the jedi profession easier to get and way overpopulated?

• We will have jedi coming out of our ears!!!
    • Yes
    • Kind of
    • No

i think jedi should be in the game but they should be rare and hard to gain as a

profession,the idea of jedi enclaves and councils is the gayest thing ive ever heard ,there werent any councils during lukes time thats really stupid ,and i agree with others on the fact that they should sent out vader and fett to kill all the jedi even if me myself still wants to be one kind of.

there's to many already, this is gunna make it worse, if there gunna make Jedi easy to get they should add another profession like "Super Bounty Hunter" or sumtin lol, where u can work for Fett and hunt down Jedi, it'd make training harder for them and even out the odds

Originally posted by lil_dude

there's to many already, this is gunna make it worse, if there gunna make Jedi easy to get they should add another profession like "Super Bounty Hunter" or sumtin lol, where u can work for Fett and hunt down Jedi, it'd make training harder for them and even out the odds

i totally agree!!!i was gonna be a jedi when i got the game ,but im a huge fan of sw and i would like to adhere to the story ,so im going to not be a jedi just to keep the numbers down and stay with the story.

That's how it was supposed to be from the start, but people whined and the Devs caved.

And back then the Bounty Hunter profession didn't work properly even. Still doesn't fully.

That's why it was a bad thing to include Jedi from the start of. People are too selfish, we all know that, forgetting they are sharing a server and "life" with 1000's of others. :)

All they want is Jedi. That's all they can see when they see the title Star Wars. There's nothing else. Which is sad, when you think of everything that Star Wars is.

We'll see how this turns out, but about this thing I'm very sceptical about. :)

Now I dont have the game...yet, so my word really means nothing here---remember that!

I have been to a few forums in the past couple of weeks and Im really getting sick and tired of people crying about this Jedi thing. Now granted there werent many jedi in this time period...according to the movies books ect. But we are taking control of the SW Universe... we are changing the course of the time line in this game (to a degree) If this game was exactly like the move ect. we probably wouldnt like playing it.

And besides if I was in this "universe" at this time and I just some how had force powers I would try my damndest to become a jedi, I dont know many that wouldnt.

Hey, if someone is paying money to get this game, and paying money to play this game... if they want to be a jedi, you better damn well let them. If Im paying 200 dollars a year to play this game and I want to be a jedi...for that price I had better at least be given the option.

I know many of you are die hard star wars fans (I used to be) but you have to remember this is just a game in which people pay to enjoy.

People just want to be heros or be evil and powerful. And they want the same they see in the movies. Thats why most people want to be a Jedi. It reminds them of the movies and they feel the power.

If it keeps being so easy with this Jedi thing in SWG , it better be a "Jedi Galaxies"- game rather then Star Wars Galaxies. Because sooner or later there will be more Jedis then "civilians"

Originally posted by Tatoo

People just want to be heros or be evil and powerful. And they want the same they see in the movies. Thats why most people want to be a Jedi. It reminds them of the movies and they feel the power.

If it keeps being so easy with this Jedi thing in SWG , it better be a "Jedi Galaxies"- game rather then Star Wars Galaxies. Because sooner or later there will be more Jedis then "civilians"

i agree with tatoo!!

if you are going to play in the star wars universe you better play star wars the way it was meant to be in this time line ,we die hard fans have a right to complain ,there were no jedi except for a few in that time period this new revamp sounds a lot easier than grinding professions.

there better not be a lot of jedi hanging around or im going to become BH and hunt them all down even if i dont want to a be BH ,ill do it just to adhere to the storyline!!

they shouldve made jedi a lot harder to become and they should have kept perma death in ,that would have really kept the numbers down.

if they wanted to make a SW mmorpg with a ton of jedi they shouldve called it old republic galaxies !!

they are a couple of jedi that really existed but they already made npcs of them and there was one enclave for the jedi at the time but it was on Belsavis but they all got killed by a fallen jedi master i beleive his name was Plett

Originally posted by flamefls

they are a couple of jedi that really existed but they already made npcs of them and there was one enclave for the jedi at the time but it was on Belsavis but they all got killed by a fallen jedi master i beleive his name was Plett

how did yu know all that stuff flame?well ok there were some jedi ,but not 100s like there is now.so that jedi enclave was destroyed ,so then that means there should be no jedi enclaves right?

Originally posted by mr. uauhly

At this time there was at least 100

no there werent ,where did yu get that info?the emperor and vader exterminated all of the jedi but 2 remember,yoda and obi wan kenobi,plus, there was that one enclave that flame was talking about.

Originally posted by BobOMac2k2

Hey, if someone is paying money to get this game, and paying money to play this game... if they want to be a jedi, you better damn well let them. If Im paying 200 dollars a year to play this game and I want to be a jedi...for that price I had better at least be given the option.

Yes I agree with you...... So when all you see running around in the game is Jedi and all the rest of the people are gone. The game will be so much more fun...

( Publish 11--- Jedi Wars ) A total revamp so that everyone is a Jedi, because that is what they are paying for...

If you want to be a Jedi Play Jedi Knight Academy or better yet play KOTOR.... They are better less buggy games and you are guaranteed to be a Jedi.

(........What SWG should have been..........)

It should have been set in a time frame where there are thousands of Sith and Jedi. NPC Characters would be the top of each side until a PC accomplished a certain number of goals. Then an actual player character would be in a position like Darth Vader or Yoda.

Make the game with no overlapping story so anything can happen and you don't have to worry about continuity.

Focus totally on Jedi and make a few nonjedi professions for people to dabble in incase they didn't want to do combat.

The odd thing is that idea I just wrote down seems to be what is slowly happening. All except the overlapping story and the fact you can't replace Darth Vader or the Emperor.

The only Jedi that should have been in this game should have been NPCs. No ifs, buts, or doubts about it.

Originally posted by Cosmos Jack

Yes I agree with you...... So when all you see running around in the game is Jedi and all the rest of the people are gone. The game will be so much more fun...

( Publish 11--- Jedi Wars ) A total revamp so that everyone is a Jedi, because that is what they are paying for...

If you want to be a Jedi Play Jedi Knight Academy or better yet play KOTOR.... They are better less buggy games and you are guaranteed to be a Jedi.

(........What SWG should have been..........)

It should have been set in a time frame where there are thousands of Sith and Jedi. NPC Characters would be the top of each side until a PC accomplished a certain number of goals. Then an actual player character would be in a position like Darth Vader or Yoda.

Make the game with no overlapping story so anything can happen and you don't have to worry about continuity.

Focus totally on Jedi and make a few nonjedi professions for people to dabble in incase they didn't want to do combat.

The odd thing is that idea I just wrote down seems to be what is slowly happening. All except the overlapping story and the fact you can't replace Darth Vader or the Emperor.

The only Jedi that should have been in this game should have been NPCs. No ifs, buts, or doubts about it.

yu hit the nail on the head Cosmos!!!

here is a complete list of the jedi sith or force adepts who should be alive

1. Luke Skywalker Jedi Trainee

2. Yoda Jedi Master

3 Shira Brie Adept Emperors hand

4. Callasta Jedi stuck in computer

5. Corran Horn Adept Cor Sec Officer

6.Jerec Sith Knight Emperors Hand

7.Kyle Katran Adept Rebel Commando

8. Mara Jade, Emperors Hand

9. Darth Vader Sith Knight

10.Emperor Palpatine Emperor of Galactic Empire

11. Leia Organa Adept Rebel leader

12. Kam Solusar Fallen Jedi Emperors Hand

13.Vergere Jedi Knight Yuuzhan Vong captive

14.Adalaic Braandl Imperial Inquistor

15.AdenLyn fallen jedi imperial inquistor

16. Marrek Stele Adept Emperors Hand

17.Vima Da Boda Adept

It would have been better to just not have jedi in the first place, but there are jedi. And they tried to make it hard to become one, but people still did it in mass, almost as if it were required.

I want to see what the nature of these so called force quests will be. They better be way friggin hard. They better be so hard, that few people will actually complete them. But I don't think it's possible, because no matter how hard it is, people will ALWAYS find a way to rush through it. I think the quests should be something like finding completely random NPCs across the galaxy and doing all of their quests, and each account be assigned certain NPCs, which ones are assigned to you would be completely hidden (No holocrons to tell you where). There just has to be some way for it to be truly different for EVERYBODY, and make it IMPOSSIBLE to make a Guide to Grinding through it.

Hopefully, this is the kind of thing SOE has in mind, but I'm not terribly optimistic, since they've caved in to the jedi more times than I can count.

But one thing we know SOE did, and will help alleviate the Jedi problem, is the Force Sensitivity. Personally, I'd be content getting my force sensitivity bonuses and be on my way. I sincerely hope that a lot of people choose to just stick with being a "special person" instead of having to go all the way to JEDI MASTER.

And it fits the continuity even! There are plenty of people who are "Force Sensitive" even during the OT era, but no one knows about it, because it pretty much takes another Jedi to realize that the force is involved.

Guest DarthMaulUK

The Jedi came along due to public demand.

Since theres nothing else to do in the game, everyone wanted to be a Jedi.

The developers do have a major problem on their hand now, because almost everyone, especially the power gamers want to be Jedi.

And yes, you're paying good money to 'play' this game but bowing to pressure has created new problems. I think their so called creative team really need a lesson in how to create things that dont unbalance the game too much

DMUK

I knew Jedi would be a bad thing to implement into this kind of game if it's not done right. And for awhile they actually did it right, but then they dropped Perma-Death.

Adding Jedi should never have happened in the first place. Too much power involved for humans of our day and age to handle.

Give them a taste of the power a Jedi possesses and they will soon want more. It's a snowball effect that the Devs should have figured out on their own. :)

Hell, if I managed to figure that out before it got a problem, certaintly any fool would have. :D

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

I knew Jedi would be a bad thing to implement into this kind of game if it's not done right. And for awhile they actually did it right, but then they dropped Perma-Death.

Adding Jedi should never have happened in the first place. Too much power involved for humans of our day and age to handle.

Give them a taste of the power a Jedi possesses and they will soon want more. It's a snowball effect that the Devs should have figured out on their own. :)

Hell, if I managed to figure that out before it got a problem, certaintly any fool would have. :D

again i totally fricken agree!!

Guest DarthMaulUK

It was all about demand.

If you take a look at the whole Jedi thing, you could tell it was a total rushed job. No thought or clue whatsoever. A Sony Trademark.

People demanded Jedi and alot earlier than they expected I think...which made them rush around because players were getting bored.

Because the timeline hasnt moved at all, has put them in a difficult situation. Lets face it, 80% of those playing want to be Jedi. Ive seen people buying Jedi accounts on Ebay for £800+!

They really needed a side story to draw players away from the normal grinding xp. Give them proper real faction driven missions but they havent. So it serves them right.

But as normal, its the players who are the ones made to suffer. The path to becoming a Jedi shouldnt have been money driven like it was - selling those stupid Holocrons for millions.

Roll on the next revamp

DMUK

Archived