Home

2 Sabers down 4 to go

Mav

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we are just testing the scripting and such of the placement of the sabers please be patient as this takes time. I will try to get done testing on Sunday, but that is my schedule, I don't know how busy RedHawke is. We are just trying to make sure that there is nothing wrong because the last thing we need is to release it and then have people start complaining so we have to go back and fix things.

well in that case it should be MUCH too old of a pic to be "real" I mean that was way before cchargin even made the model importer/exporter that he has now. Maybe the picture was just edited...hmmm I don't know

^^^^^

The creator of that image dh-vug, definately edited the photo. They are 2 retouched longswords, image taken mid flourish, and then saber-ized.

Remember it is the Screenshots for the sake of Screenshots thread we are talking about here. :D

i think it is easy enough to edit the bonuses that come with a saber, i have been doing it for a couple days and i believe anyone could pick it up, i think someone should design some lightsabers are visually pleasing, but have easily editable qualities, such as name, description and strength

just though that would make it easy for everyone to get what they want including, me, lol

thanks for listening

Originally posted by Pennyroyal Tea

i think it is easy enough to edit the bonuses that come with a saber, i have been doing it for a couple days and i believe anyone could pick it up, i think someone should design some lightsabers are visually pleasing, but have easily editable qualities, such as name, description and strength

On a personal note I really don't care if anyone tinkers with my mods at all, once you download them they are completely yours, but only for your own personal use, meaning that you can edit the .uti files all you want, or tinker with the blade color and hilt color (although if you can do that you should just make your own lol) as long as you don't re-release them without asking me. If you want though you can edit the properties all you want as long as you know what you are doing, because I know how to make my sabers my way, so if you tinker with them and they crash your game (highly unlikely) don't come crying to me lol.

I guess what I am trying to say is that, the best advice is to just take up modding for yourself, things like saber creation are really simple, it only gets complicated when it comes to scripting and such, things that fly right over my head that is why I asked RedHawke for help. Anyway just try and create your own blade color or your own hilt design and if you need help just ask.

Mav

thanks mav, and i have startedmodding on my own using your upgradable saber guide as well as a guide from T7. But the icon for my saber comes out as a yellow block, and i can upgrade it, but my crystal has a grenade for its icon, if you could help me fix this and tell me how to edit blade color (which files are needed) it would be a great help. thank you again.

Originally posted by Pennyroyal Tea

thanks mav, and i have startedmodding on my own using your upgradable saber guide as well as a guide from T7. But the icon for my saber comes out as a yellow block, and i can upgrade it, but my crystal has a grenade for its icon, if you could help me fix this and tell me how to edit blade color (which files are needed) it would be a great help. thank you again.

If the icon from your saber is just a yellow block then you probably just need to edit the alpha channels in the.tga file. If you use Photoshop it will be very easy to do, just create a new alpha channel with black opacity about 25% and then just change what you want to show from black to white. ( I know it sounds confusing, I'm not the best person to explain photoshop...lol sorry )

I really don't know why your crystal has a grenade for an icon unless you extracted a greande picture and renamed it as a saber crystal picture. Just make sure that your .uti file has a modelvariation number above 22 (I think) and that your picture needs to be named iw_sbrcrstl_0XX to match that number.

As for blade color the files you need specificly for blade color are the actual texture itself i.e. w_lsabrexxxxXX.tga the xxxx being any letters you want the game uses, blue, gren, red, yelo and so on, you are also going to need to make a w_lsabrexxxxXX.txi file which you can make on your own. All you need to do is create a new notepad document and type this in there:

blending additive

decal 1

then when you save it type this in as the file name: w_lsabrexxxxXX.txi make sure you have the .txi so you save it as a .txi file. Also you are going to need to edit the .mdl file so that it reads your new blade color.

thanks, ive managed to fix that problem but i have a new one, i edited the blade tga file so that it is bluse and yellow/gold but now the regular blue saber also is tht color, i changed all the file variations but the files i edited were all for the blue saber, i was wondering if anyone had encountered this problem and knew how to fix it, thanks

For some strange reason I've encountered several bugs and such when I extract the g_w_lghtsbr01.uti and the w_lghtsbr_001.mdl and .mdx, thsoe are the files for the blue lightsaber, so usually when I make my lightsabers I extract the green lightsaber files, I haven't had any problems with that. I know what you mean though because I used the blue files for my first lightsaber and it's blade color was blue/purple and it turned the regular blue lightsaber into it as well.

Also I don't know what your file is called but it can't be w_lsabreblue01 otherwise whatever color that is will replace the blue color, and remember to edit the .mdl file to match!!

Archived