Home

Just a little skelition help

RUOK?

hey this is my first post here i have asked acouple of times on different forms but there help has only led me to failure.

I am attempting to edit a model with 3ds max 6 and when i bring the edited model ingame I get a bad bones message. Now when i edit the models i dont see any bones at all and i edit them with a glm importer then a md3 exporter and then use md3view to make them back in to glm files. could someone explane to my why i am getting this error and how to fix it. Any help even a link to a tut would be nice all the ones i have seen didnot help me at all.

Thank you in advance

Yeah i know, but i once had a "bad bone" error message with a player model even tho it worked fine in modview. I never found the cause of this problem...but the fix was simple:

I trashed the rig and started from scratch! ;).

Do what keshire said and you'll be fine.

ok i made the mistake of talking before i looked i cant find any .xsi files with the models are the in the assests folders or do i need to get a converter, either way i cant find any skeleton to weight my models too.

Originally posted by CortoCG

Don't be rude ninja boy, he need the skeleton Raven never delivered. I'm sure Psyk0 is gonna post a link as soon as he sees your request, he's a nice guy :D.

hehe thanx Corto :D

You can find it in the tutorials section:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/psykopat/tools/JK3Skeleton.zip

Note that this was made with max 4, you might have to merge it with your scene (instead of a simple open) if you use max 5 (dunno if that works for max 6).

Archived