Home

The battlefront vehicles thread

reltes

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you get Star Wars Insider and Hyperspace the new issue #77, page 84, has a Battlefront article that confirms Kashyyyk is the last planet in the game besides Rhen Var. I would of picked Alderran or Courscant over Rhen Var. The also mention we get to see the planet of Alderran in episode III in Star Wars Insider. It isn't just a picture from space. We get to see Tantive IV landing and taking off in Alderran.

Originally posted by joesdomain

If you get Star Wars Insider and Hyperspace the new issue #77, page 84, has a Battlefront article that confirms Kashyyyk is the last planet in the game besides Rhen Var. I would of picked Alderran or Courscant over Rhen Var. The also mention we get to see the planet of Alderran in episode III in Star Wars Insider. It isn't just a picture from space. We get to see Tantive IV landing and taking off in Alderran.

Courscant yes, but alderram is a peacful planet, so it wouldn't fit.

one of my main concerns is the scale of the vehicles (ratio to players) and the presence of them.

so far the vids are looking good. but the ground (your controller) needs to shake, the sound needs to thrum low and loud.

one of my dissapointments in the clone wars and other sw games is the lack of the "i'm the man on the ground and it FEELS that way!" feeling. i hope this game changes that.

it needs to be visceral. the way the medal of honor games make it so you can almost feel omaha beach. it all comes down to sound design i think.

and... updated bespin/cloud city map that uses tie-fighters and x-wings to grab spawn points from games domain.

one of my main concerns is the scale of the vehicles (ratio to players) and the presence of them.

so far the vids are looking good. but the ground (your controller) needs to shake, the sound needs to thrum low and loud.

one of my dissapointments in the clone wars and other sw games is the lack of the "i'm the man on the ground and it FEELS that way!" feeling. i hope this game changes that.

it needs to be visceral. the way the medal of honor games make it so you can almost feel omaha beach. it all comes down to sound design i think.

and... updated bespin/cloud city map that uses tie-fighters and x-wings to grab spawn points from games domain.

this is a list of vehicles and levels we know so far.

if there are any missing vehicles that you have seen in videos let me know and i'll add it to the list.

NABOO 2

republic- gian speeders and kaadu

separatists- trade federation tanks and S.T.A.P.S.

GEONOSIS

republic- at-te walkers and republic gunships

separatists- homing spider droids, geonosian starfighters and hailfire droids

KAMINO

republic- jedi starfighters and republic gunships

separatists- droid starfighters

RHEN VAR

republic- at-te walkers

KASHYYYK????

?????

TATOOINE

rebels- x-wings, landspeeders and rebel tanks

empire- tie-fighters, skiffs, and speeder bikes

HOTH

rebels- tauntauns and snowspeeders

empire- at-at walkers and at-st walkers

ENDOR

rebels- speeder bikes

empire- at-st walkers

YAVIN 4

????

BESPIN- none

updated bespin/cloud city map that uses tie-fighters and x-wings

this is a list of vehicles and levels we know so far.

if there are any missing vehicles that you have seen in videos let me know and i'll add it to the list.

NABOO 2

republic- gian speeders and kaadu

separatists- trade federation tanks and S.T.A.P.S.

GEONOSIS

republic- at-te walkers and republic gunships

separatists- homing spider droids, geonosian starfighters and hailfire droids

KAMINO

republic- jedi starfighters and republic gunships

separatists- droid starfighters

RHEN VAR

republic- at-te walkers

KASHYYYK????

?????

TATOOINE

rebels- x-wings, landspeeders and rebel tanks

empire- tie-fighters, skiffs, and speeder bikes

HOTH

rebels- tauntauns and snowspeeders

empire- at-at walkers and at-st walkers

ENDOR

rebels- speeder bikes

empire- at-st walkers

YAVIN 4

????

BESPIN- none

updated bespin/cloud city map that uses tie-fighters and x-wings

Bespin is the gas giant that Cloud City is near, Cloud City is often refered to as Bespin, even though it is not actually located on the planet's surface, because, as I said, Bespin is a gas giant. Cloud City exists because of the Tabanna gas which can be mined and sold.

Cheers,

John

Bespin is the gas giant that Cloud City is near, Cloud City is often refered to as Bespin, even though it is not actually located on the planet's surface, because, as I said, Bespin is a gas giant. Cloud City exists because of the Tabanna gas which can be mined and sold.

Cheers,

John

jdtech... don't worry i know all about star wars!!! ive been watching the films since i was 4, i think... anyway that's just what the previewer guy said, he said that you would be using ties and x-wings to grab spawn points or something like that in the games domain preview on the main page here.

global strike, i have a screenshot of the rebel tank on tatooine, a stormtrooper on a speeder bike is in the foreground, but i don't know how to post it up here. if you have msn messenger mail me at jcshetler@att.net.

the gian speeder is in the trailer and in my own fan trailer at about 2:20 seconds in buts it's real quick and the x-wing vs tie fighter is at about 2:26 sec right after "FLY IT" flashes on the screen. in case you haven't seen it i also bumped my thread.

http://users.skynet.be/alegis/battlefront.WMV small

http://www.night4554.com/temp/jsnbattlefront.WMV big

hey globa,l if you get a hold of me i have a zip file (or unzipped if you want) of about 32 screenshots including a bunch that jdtech showed me. i can send them to you. they also have the rebel tank in there somewhere.

if any one wants them, msn me and i'll share them with you. it's easier than going and dl each one.

i have windows xp so i put them as my screensaver it cycles through that whole folder. awesome.

I think it would be cool to see the slave I sitting on a landing platform in Bespin and maybe Boba Fett is trying to protect his ship if you come near it. The same could be said for the millenium falcon in the hoth hanger bay. Except we see han, leia, and chewie.

right on global,

i was hoping you could have to protect the slave 1 and let it take off as one of the empire objectives on cloud city. like han is frozen and boba hurries to load him and board his ship.

or maybe you can't do anything to help or hurt it, but it's going on during the fight and you can see it.

like you said, the same thing on hoth. han escapes with chewie, 3po and the princess and you can get a look at it.

most of the maps could have some semi-secret hero/villian stuff going on that you may see or may not.

Two things here people! How can we pilot a Jedi starfighter if we're not Jedi? And they should make a special Batlle of Endor mode for once every month! All Rebel clans versus all Imperial clans! Most pilots will be fighting against the New Death Star and star destroyers while some will help wounded soldiers and repair speeder bikes so they can eventually destroy the satilite so the fighters can get inside the death star and blow it up! The only way the Imperials can win is if they can guard the satilite dish and death star within a certain time limit!:D

Archived