Home

All player classes revealed on Gamespot preview

Sounds interesting! I don't know where some of their information comes from but I 100% for sure on the Lucasarts.com Battlefront homepage you have 2-3 screenshots of the Imperial Officer. I have even read all their designer diaries and a couple of the crew working on it says they are trying to stick as close to the 6 films as possible in terms of using starships, vehicles, and types of troopers from those areas. I highly doubt a darktrooper will be in it. I hope not. I don't want to reinact the battle of hoth or endor with darktroopers. That would stink!

oh so Tk you are really lucky. i take it from your inane reply that you have played Battlefront and can back up this comment. Oh but of course i forget its not out yet. Shame i lost concetration and thought somebody on a games forum actually had a brain cell to rub together. But never mind.

Originally posted by Elephantom

oh so Tk you are really lucky. i take it from your inane reply that you have played Battlefront and can back up this comment. Oh but of course i forget its not out yet. Shame i lost concetration and thought somebody on a games forum actually had a brain cell to rub together. But never mind.

TROLL ALERT!

The factions as they are, suck. I hope Battlefront will be easy to mod, so I can fix them

What a complete disappointment!!! Why tempt our tummies withe the taste of Officers and honey? What the hell was the point of all those screenshots which showed the AT-ST driver, officer and dark trooper? Oh, here's a bothan... nah we don't have the time for that what with the new deadline. Every faction got short changed except the clone army. Hopefully they'll embed those unused models (officer, at-st driver and so on) into the game so that the fans pick up the torch and deliver the game that should have been.

How many times has this happened? Its taken EA/DICE years and 1/2 dozen updates to make BF1942 what it is today. Straight out of the box back in September of 2002 it sucked!!! The same is true for many games, meanwhile the fans and modding community unpaid and far more devoted crank out mods which put the original game to shame in its short sightedness.

It better deliver in all other aspects because 10 maps, 4 factions, 5 classes and 20+ vehicles is pretty shallow. Develop the game for PC primarily THEN render it and tweak it for consoles. PC game magazines stress this again and again. What sells well for PC and makes a great game can be carried over to PS2 and XBox.

I hope that they'll include the unused models, too. I'd be a shame if the community had to create new models when perfectly acceptable ones were thrown out the window by ignorant programmers.

But the AT-ST Pilot is the Pilot class for Endor, Havok, so no need to worry for him. :)

makes sense for endor then, guess I mixed images of Yavin and Endor together thinking there would be both a TIE pilot and At-ST driver. Thanks.

The rash of screenshots had my hopes up until that review/announcement about the factions. Typical attitudes I think, make just enough to hook people and get their money don't do anything completely when 1/2 assed will do. Besides maybe we'll save that stuff for the expansion planned for summer 2005. They did the same thing for BF1942, Road to Rome was meant to be there in the initial release but pulled to be used as an expansion. If you have just BF1942 installed with no RtR you can check the .rfa files and see components of RtR even though you don't have it installed... clever like a gold digging bitch.

Just like BF1942 I bet we see all the things we're wanting approximately 2 months after some modding team makes it themselves ahead of the actual developers.

In the immortal words of Yogurt "Moichandising, Moichandising... where the real money from the movie is made". SWBF action figure= Exhibit A. Bastards!

Originally posted by Lt. Havoc

makes sense for endor then, guess I mixed images of Yavin and Endor together thinking there would be both a TIE pilot and At-ST driver. Thanks.

The rash of screenshots had my hopes up until that review/announcement about the factions. Typical attitudes I think, make just enough to hook people and get their money don't do anything completely when 1/2 assed will do. Besides maybe we'll save that stuff for the expansion planned for summer 2005. They did the same thing for BF1942, Road to Rome was meant to be there in the initial release but pulled to be used as an expansion. If you have just BF1942 installed with no RtR you can check the .rfa files and see components of RtR even though you don't have it installed... clever like a gold digging bitch.

Just like BF1942 I bet we see all the things we're wanting approximately 2 months after some modding team makes it themselves ahead of the actual developers.

In the immortal words of Yogurt "Moichandising, Moichandising... where the real money from the movie is made". SWBF action figure= Exhibit A. Bastards!

And remember, the schwartz will be with them :yoda:

The officer and the spy looked kewl :( even though theyre developpers and backed up by ign/gamespy there should be some reason behind this...its not because we all fail to find its not there. But yeah, deliver those models with it

Originally posted by Alegis Gensan

The officer and the spy looked kewl :( even though theyre developpers and backed up by ign/gamespy there should be some reason behind this...its not because we all fail to find its not there. But yeah, deliver those models with it

If they'll put so many unused stuff in the game folder, they'll be Jedi Academy!

Dark Troopers are robots not ppl, that's the main difference between them and regular stormtroopers. Actually they're not darker per se, their armor is just as bright as the stormie's. The fact that they are robots allow them to carry heavier weapons and last longer in battle.

actually, the phase (with ph like phallic) 3 of the dark trooper is that big because it's designed to allow a big human inside, as well as operate on it's own. The weird general you refer to is Röhm Möhc, also featured on the Dark Forces game.

Archived