Home

Editing

True_None

Hey,

I have been downloading lots of cool reskins and the like recently. The only real problem I'm having so far is that most of them can't be used at the same time. I had this problem originally with the Mandalorian Assault Armors and the Sith Armors, but I was able to figure a way around that. However, now I have several .2da files that conflict, usually the appearence.2da file. I understand that certain mods simply can't be played with oters as they alter the very same thing but do so differently, but I should be able to use mods that alter two different things that both have changed the same .2da file. I will continue working with it myself, but any help would be much appreciated.

Also, for people who continue to make cool looking Mandalorian Assault Armor skins, please make the same skin compatible with teh other two version of Mandalorian Armor so that I can use more in one game, Thanks. Just a request from a Mandalorian fan.

^^^^^

Depending on the mod, you might also have to edit the disguise property in the items .uti's to reflect the appearance.2da changes as well. So the texture will show up right in game. This is especially important when merging two appearance.2da's that have items that use the dusguise property.

I.E. changing the appearance.2da line number that the items disguise property uses. Easily done in Kotor Tool! :D

How would I edit the lines so that they would work right. I've looked at the stuff before and I couldn't make heads or tales of things, and sometimes they looked the same even though they were different mods.

Well, the mods range from simple items based on similar weapons to armor reskins.

Originally posted by True_None

Well, the mods range from simple items based on similar weapons to armor reskins.

OK... True_None this still doesn't tell me much? :confused:

If you can tell me the exact mods, and by whom they were made, you have that are conflicting, it would make an analysis and solution of your problem MUCH easier. :D

Two Examples

White/Orange Lightsaber Crystals by Prosum/J'ando

+

Pink Saber & Crystals by Jackel

The problem with these two is a conflicting .2da file, upcrystals.2da. I tried messing around with it myself, but I couldn't figure out how to combine the two into a new .2da

Blood Red Mandalorian Assault Armor by Doom Dealer

+

Mandalore Mandalorian Armor by Doom Dealer

The problem with these two is a conflicting .tga file, N_Mandalorian01.tga. I fixed it once before so that I could use three custom skins at once, but I kinda forgot how I did it. Although I think I can do it again, this is only an example of .tga problems, some of which I can't fix.

Hope thats good enough, thanks for your patience and help.

For the upcrystals.2da problem you can easily fix the porblem by copying down the lines of one of the files, going into KotOR tool opening the 2da editor and adding those lines onto the other 2da file. it is simpler thatn my confusing words make it seem, I think one of the "STUCK" topics has a mini tutorila on how to fix conflicting .2da file problems.

Two Examples

White/Orange Lightsaber Crystals by Prosum/J'ando

+

Pink Saber & Crystals by Jackel

The problem with these two is a conflicting .2da file, upcrystals.2da. I tried messing around with it myself, but I couldn't figure out how to combine the two into a new .2da

This one is easy True, first open up J'ando's upcrystals.2da with Kotor tools 2da editor. Go to the bottom of the file, the last line and enter the following in the following cells;

First cell is the row number just type the next number in the sequence, if the last number is 17 then the next is 18, etc.

Second cell is for the Label enter PINK here, be sure it is all caps.

Third cell is for the crystal template enter J_W_SBRCRSTL27 here, exactly as I typed it.

Fourth cell is for the shortmdlvar enter j_w_shortsbr27 here.

Fifth cell is the longmdlvar and enter j_w_lghtsbr27 here.

The Sixth and last cell is the doublemdlvar and enter J_W_DBLSBR027 here, again all caps.

Click on any other cell on any other line, this is important, and then save the new upcrystals.2da to your override.

Go into the game cheat for the white, orange, and pink sabers and see if they work.

If so then that finishes that. :D NEXT!

Blood Red Mandalorian Assault Armor by Doom Dealer

+

Mandalore Mandalorian Armor by Doom Dealer

The problem with these two is a conflicting .tga file, N_Mandalorian01.tga. I fixed it once before so that I could use three custom skins at once, but I kinda forgot how I did it. Although I think I can do it again, this is only an example of .tga problems, some of which I can't fix.

Hope thats good enough, thanks for your patience and help.

If you have a mod that has an appearance.2da already in your override then open that one up with Kotor Tools 2da editor, if you don't then open up the one in Kotor Tools BIF's/2da's.

Ok since the armors in question use the discuise property it will require a appearance.2da edit you will have to copy the appearance.2da Alien_Mandalorian_01 line number 35 and paste two of them in new lines at the bottom be sure to make sure the 2 new lines row labels are numbered correctly, if the last line is 508 then your 2 new lines would be 509 and 510. Make notes on the 2 new line numbers, this is important later on.

Change the labels on your new lines to Alien_Mandalorian_02 and Alien_Mandalorian_03 and scroll over to the racetex and you will see N_Mandalorian01 change these to N_Mandalorian02 and N_Mandalorian03.

Click on any other cell on any other line, this is important, and then save the new edited appearance.2da to your override.

Now go into Kotor tool and look in BIFs/templates/blueprint,item and scroll down to g_a_class9010 and double click that and the native .uti editor will fire. On the template resref and tag change both to g_a_class9010a then press save and save it to your override as g_a_class9010a.uti.

With a gff editor open g_a_class9010a and in the propereties list there should be 5 entrys the fourth one down is what you want it will look like this;

PropertyName(Word) 59

SubType(Word) 35

CostTable(Byte) 0

CostValue(Word) 0

Param1 (Byte) 255

Param1Value (Byte) 0

ChanceAppear(Byte) 100

Change SubType the 35 to your First number you added to appearance.2da and save.

Then reopen a new g_a_class9010 with Kotor tool and change the tag and template resref to g_a_class9010b then press save and save it to your override as g_a_class9010b.uti.

With a gff editor open g_a_class9010b and in the propereties list there should be 5 entrys the fourth one down is what you want it will look like this;

PropertyName(Word) 59

SubType(Word) 35

CostTable(Byte) 0

CostValue(Word) 0

Param1 (Byte) 255

Param1Value (Byte) 0

ChanceAppear(Byte) 100

Change SubType the 35 to your Second number you added to appearance.2da and save.

Now rename the 2 Mandalorian armor .tga's to N_Mandalorian02.tga and N_Mandalorian03.tga save them to your override.

Now go into the game and open the console and type;

giveitem g_a_class9010a

giveitem g_a_class9010b

Put them on and see if you are sucsessful, ie the textures show up.

If so you can then use Kotor Tools uti editor to change the new armors descriptions and other properties to your tastes.

I hope this helps! :D

I got everything working together !!!! Thanks a lot, I should be able to mess around with the other mods to get them to play nice as well, but if I run into any other problems I'll ask. Thanks again, both of you !!!

Thats cool True! Wow! My instructions actually worked!

Last night I went in and added those 2 textures as new armors to my override as well, I dl'd them long ago and forgot I had em.

Glad I could be of help! :D

Hey,

I went and worked on all the mods I wanted to use at once, I after about 4 hours or so, I finally got everything to work....well, almost everything.

My only real problem is the blasted recruit mods. Most of them replace T3-M4 or Mission. I don't really mind replacing either, but both Yuthura Ban and Calo Nord are designed to replace T3-M4. How can I fix it so that Yuthura Ban replaces Mission instead or something to that effect.

Everything else is simple stuff that I can fix with a little more time, and some special modifications.

Thanks again for your help.

My only real problem is the blasted recruit mods. Most of them replace T3-M4 or Mission. I don't really mind replacing either, but both Yuthura Ban and Calo Nord are designed to replace T3-M4. How can I fix it so that Yuthura Ban replaces Mission instead or something to that effect.

I believe there is a script in the mod that places the new NPC into one of the available NPC slots, and it would be just changing the numbers in that script to the NPC slot you want, and then compiling it, but I'm not sure.

You could try and PM one of the recruit mods creators and ask them for help with changing it to whom ever you want the new NPC to replace.

Alright, another problem....well, more like questions, but here they are.

I have a mod for Bastilla's default clothing and for Jolee's default clothing. I think SVosh made this mod. Anyway, Bastilla has two, variant 2 and variant 3, but Jolee also uses variant 2. What do I need to do so that both Bastilla's two variants and Jolee's one variant show up while in-game. I'm guessing I'll have to change it so that Jolee uses variant 4, but I'm not really sure how to do that.

Also, is there a way to get the models and textures to appear for an item which it normally would not. Example, could I make it so that a clothing variant would appear the same as Mandalorian Assault Armor or vice-versa.

Lastly, I've got a couple of cool robe mods, but they replace the original robes which I want to keep. So, hwo do I work it so that I can pick up a robe using the special mod, but also have the normal robes. This sounds kinda similar to the Mandalorian issue, but I've looked over the appearance.2da and I can't tell exactly how to make this one work.

I have a mod for Bastilla's default clothing and for Jolee's default clothing. I think SVosh made this mod. Anyway, Bastilla has two, variant 2 and variant 3, but Jolee also uses variant 2. What do I need to do so that both Bastilla's two variants and Jolee's one variant show up while in-game. I'm guessing I'll have to change it so that Jolee uses variant 4, but I'm not really sure how to do that.

No need to change it to varient 4. Each character (Carth , Jolee , Mission etc) has thier own unique clothing model and textures. All the clothing uti file does it tell the game which texture to use. When you first pick up mission and Carth they both have on them the uti file for clothing type 1 but both look different due to the different models. I believe Svoshes Bastila clothing will appear in game when you first get her and later when you see her after the Lev. Svosh has modified the utc files of bastilla to make htis happen. Same with his Jolee skin.

Also, is there a way to get the models and textures to appear for an item which it normally would not. Example, could I make it so that a clothing variant would appear the same as Mandalorian Assault Armor or vice-versa.

You can add a disguise property to a item so that you look like another character or skin but not get the armour bonuses etc.

There is also another way of doing it via editing the baseitems.2da and the uti file of the clothing. If you want more details ill provide them.

Lastly, I've got a couple of cool robe mods, but they replace the original robes which I want to keep. So, hwo do I work it so that I can pick up a robe using the special mod, but also have the normal robes. This sounds kinda similar to the Mandalorian issue, but I've looked over the appearance.2da and I can't tell exactly how to make this one work.

For these if they have the same stats as the current robes (2 defense 8+ dex bonus or what ever it is) all you need to do it extract the uti files for the robes (which either ones you want to use ..master , knight , normal) and change the texture variance in them to a new number. Current robes have 1 - 4 as the numbers , replace these with say 5 - 8 or so , depending on how many new skins you have. Then change the skin numbers to match these.

I kinda guessed that the variants are preset as far as characters, as I've played around with this before. However, I have two different .uti files for clothing variant 2, one from the Bastilla mod and one from the Jolee mod. I can't have them both in the override folder while being named the same thing. So, do I need to further mod Jolee's variant so that it works, or do I only need one of the .uti files.

Perhaps, the Mandalorian was a bad example. I understand, basically, how the diguise portion works for appearance.2da, but I know nothing beyond that, and I'm not having much luck trying to decipher the thing myself. So, please do include details.

Right, I just want the textures of the new robes to be seperate robes, they'll otherwise be the same as the default robes. However, Wouldn't I need to change the name of the .tga file for the texture or something else. I've tried just changing the texture variations before, and it just selected a different texture. :confused:

I posted the procedure at least four times recently, pls refer to this post: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1563458#post1563458

(and consider using the seach function next time you look for something).

Erh, I do use the search....I'm just not very good at finding what I'm looking for. :cry8:

I did read through your explanation. I understand it well enough, but the Yuthura Ban mod I have has an appearance.2da with it. Although I'm not sure what it edits, if it edits T3-M4, and I want to make Yuthura Ban replace Mission Vao instead, would I have to set T3-M4 to defaults and alter Mission Vao......or something else.

Erh, I do use the search....I'm just not very good at finding what I'm looking for. :cry8:

I did read through your explanation. I understand it well enough, but the Yuthura Ban mod I have has an appearance.2da with it. Although I'm not sure what it edits, if it edits T3-M4, and I want to make Yuthura Ban replace Mission Vao instead, would I have to set T3-M4 to defaults and alter Mission Vao......or something else.

True, this is just a guess, but the appearance.2da probably just makes it so Yuthura can appear to wear the clothes, robes, and armor in the game, it should have nothing to do with what NPC that is replaced, that is selected by the recruit script.

Originally posted by RedHawke

True, this is just a guess, but the appearance.2da probably just makes it so Yuthura can appear to wear the clothes, robes, and armor in the game, it should have nothing to do with what NPC that is replaced, that is selected by the recruit script.

That is correct :) just follow the instructions in the link I gave you above.

I kinda guessed that the variants are preset as far as characters, as I've played around with this before. However, I have two different .uti files for clothing variant 2, one from the Bastilla mod and one from the Jolee mod. I can't have them both in the override folder while being named the same thing. So, do I need to further mod Jolee's variant so that it works, or do I only need one of the .uti files.

I think with Svoshes batilla varience 1 uti he has some added defence to it. And the same for his Jolee one. Best bet is open both up with the kotor tool and see if there are any differences. If they are the same just drop one in to the override folder and your set. if they are different change the name of Jolees one (from g_a_clothes02 to g_a_clothes04) and also the places in the uti file where it says 02. then change Jolees utc file that comes with that mod to make him wear the 04 clothes. This should sort that out. If you are still having problems with it i can always run through that myself and make it work for you. (by sending direct to you rather then to pcgamemods)

Perhaps, the Mandalorian was a bad example. I understand, basically, how the diguise portion works for appearance.2da, but I know nothing beyond that, and I'm not having much luck trying to decipher the thing myself. So, please do include details.

What i can do is send you my baseitems.2da file , ive added extra lines to that so i can use models from say class 6 armours to make my own without having to change all class 6 armours. Ive gient hem lesser defense bonuses and adde restrictions like needing sneak attack extra.

You can copy a row for the model you want to use (find the name of the armour you like class7005 for instance) copy the row for the class 7 armours , paste it a the bottom of the 2da. change the number to 1 over what the last number is (ie 503 if the last is 502).

Change the properties to suit changing baseAC dexbonus , to suit , these should be pretty self explainitary. Normal clothes are baseac = 0 , dexbonus = -1 (i think -1 means no maximum restriction IE you could have 30 dex bonus if your character had that in his character sheet)

Once thats done find the uti file for the armour you want ie g_a_class7005 , save that to your override folder , now open it up and change the baseitem (near the top of the file) to your new line (503 or what ever it is) , save , change the texture variance to something over 9 (i like number over 15 just for the heck of it).

Export the skin for the armour you want. renaming to the what ever number you choose PMBC01 to PMBC15 for instance. You will also want the inventory pic aswell , same as above rename to what ever number you chose

load up Kotor , cheat in your item , check to see if it works. if it does and has the armour class etc you gave it great. if it doesnt check all the steps again.

If you decide to have several clothes that look like different armours (a class 7 one , a class 9 , a jedi robe etc) youll have to redo the baseitem line chaning again for each different armour/ robe you want.

Right, I just want the textures of the new robes to be seperate robes, they'll otherwise be the same as the default robes. However, Wouldn't I need to change the name of the .tga file for the texture or something else. I've tried just changing the texture variations before, and it just selected a different texture. :confused:

As i posted at the end of my post about the robes , youll have to change the skin number to match the tex varience you used in the uti file.

Thanks for the info on the recruit mods. I should be able to get it to work just fine.

It turns out that both of Svosh's .uti files were the same, so it should work just fine with only one.

I went through it a couple of times and finally got the clothing to have the texture of armor.

I also figured out how to name the .tga files. Well, mostly. I did get all the textures to show up right though.

Thanks for your help everyone, I'll come back if I run into anything else.

Thanks for the info on the recruit mods. I should be able to get it to work just fine.

It turns out that both of Svosh's .uti files were the same, so it should work just fine with only one.

I went through it a couple of times and finally got the clothing to have the texture of armor.

I also figured out how to name the .tga files. Well, mostly. I did get all the textures to show up right though.

Thanks for your help everyone, I'll come back if I run into anything else.

Glad you made it and i hope you'll be back even if you don't run into problems :)

Well, I've found something else I can't fix. I'm trying to get Shimaon's enhanced sith lightsaber to work with J'ando's lightsaber crystals. The first problem is that both the white crystals and the sith crystal uses 90 as a digit, or at least some of the sabers use 90. I was trying to alter the tags and templates of the sith lightsaber and crystal so that it would mesh, but the mod came with some .mdl and .mdx files that I can't work on. So, my first question is, can I get around the .mdl and .mdx files or do I need to download something that can handle them.

Archived