The Road to Arnhem by Donald R. Burgett

Absolute Beginner's Guide to C by Greg Perry

The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling

The Rogue Rogue by me!

I'll post more later

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last book I really enjoyed was "A Confederecy of Dunces". The book is down-righ hillarious. I really recommend it if you want to read something that is not so main-stream.

"The Life of Pi" is a great book I just read it about a month ago. It deals with a persons faith and relationship with God during a horrible shipwreck, and its after-math. It is a survivor story, but it is done very differently. It is a fairly quick read.

Yeah he was good friends with Tolkien, too. Tolkien actually brought Lewis to Christ. a litle fun fact. I may read stupid white men just for laughs, but probably not. Yeah, the outsiders rocked, Se hinton is/was a great author. Her books are really short, though.

I have no interest in reading...Catwoman the novel. it just doesnt interest me. same with harry potter. the stoty doesnt interest me. it may be good to some, but the stroy doesnt sound interesting. and the cookie is bad cause you can see whats in it. Like, if I am biting into a cookie and see it is made of beans. I dont like beans, so I wouldnt eat it. if someone who liked beans said it was good, good for them. and lets not turn this into a harry potter debate, please. it seems all my threads are now debates.

Originally posted by yaebginn

btw finsihed prey. it was pretty good, but timeline was better.

*attempts to maintain on-topic-ness*

Agreed, Prey doesn't even come close to being as good as timeline, though it's still a fantastic book.

And as for your Harry potter debacle..

Originally posted by me

Harry Potter series - You can drop dead if you want to bash on it for being a "kiddie" book. This is an amazing story and you're a fool if you deprive yourself of it.

And I, of all people in the world, am the person to listen to about reading Harry Potter. Because I used to be one of the people who said, "no, I'm never going to read it because it sounds stupid and the movies were dumb"

I refused to read them for so long, they just weren't for me.

But finally my family convinced me to give it a try, and I read the first 4 books in one week. They are FANTASTIC stories, well written, and VERY easy to read.

You are, in fact, a fool to not even give them a chance.

Originally posted by yaebginn

dont bash it unless you've finished it.

That's from the NJO thread....kind of applies to the Harry potter series aswell neh? :xp:

Archived