Home

Holowan Laboratories - News @ RPGDot

CDRSeadog

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been some little while since I was able to do any reporting over at RPGDot...first off, my mobo really did go, ummm bad *chuckles*...so I replaced that mobo with a new mobo that was also defective (second time was a charm and I now have a new, working mobo). Then I discovered my power supply also went, ummm, bad - so I went out and bought a new power supply.

This month has really proven to be a bad luck month for me...having replaced my mobo and P/s - then I began having internet connections problems (like virtually little - if any - connection for 2 weeks)...partially due to hurricane activity...then a problem with my modem not registering with my ISP...and now they've discovered a very high "signal to noise ratio" problem that my ISP will fix in a week or so (my area ISP is totally backlogged with trouble calls)...so my connectivity online is still shaky at best.

Nevertheless - I did a very full Holowan Laboratories report over at RPGDot - mentioning mods/reskins by Darth333 & tk102, RedHawke, Hulas, Jackel, Bobo, Cerasumat, Amezaroth, DarthDex, En Liten Mus, Helter, The_Munchkin_Lord, Messkell, and Jedi Gabe *whew - that's a list*.

http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php

I want to thank you for the work you do CDRSeadog :) It is very nice of you to do this and we all appreciate it :)

However, concerning KSE, I don't deserve that much credit: KSE is tk102's baby and I just wrote the last update (v.2.0.8) which is adds the possibility to change the soundset associated with the characters, which is useful when the npcs undergo heavy plastic surgery or sex change (you don't want a Rancor with Mission's voice, do you? :D )

Tk102 has just been too kind to put my name there: I just added some lines to the code and that by simply copying and tweaking the original code he made . The whole job took no longer than 1/2 hour :rolleyes:.

Indeed, lady Darth333 - nevertheless, you are as modest as the real lady I suspect you are re your efforts and accomplishments for the Holowan Laboratories - even if your icon has that huge blaster pointed directly at everyone's face *chuckles*

As to tk102 - I am also well aware he is quite the gallant gentleman - so, should he wish your name included with his KotOR SaveGame Editor - then I shall honor him by reporting likewise.

As to the work being done here at the Holowan - well, I've always respected those who give so much to better another's gaming pleasure...so I just try to give credit where credit should be due:-)

May the Force continue to be with You All!!

BTW - tomorrow (Saturday) I am reporting again - so if I miss anything - or if anyone feels I should look into something - send an e-mail...again - I normally do my reporting on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday AM...I'm also busy in the meantime researching articles/editorials I have plans for:-)

Originally posted by CDRSeadog

BTW - tomorrow (Saturday) I am reporting again - so if I miss anything - or if anyone feels I should look into something - send an e-mail...again - I normally do my reporting on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday AM...I'm also busy in the meantime researching articles/editorials I have plans for:-)

Would you mind referencing my website? I created it when you were "out" and I have a lot of tutorials, etc that I think will help new people get started (not that Holowan doesn't do the same :D).

Check out my Holowan Laboratories report over at RPGDot (or at our KotOR sister-site) for today...I did a small newsbit for your "Default Clothes" mod, Achilles - and I also did a note advising my readers to check out your other mods whilst they were perusing your modsite:-)

Other modders mentioned in my Saturday Holowan report:

Gsccc for his upgraded ROTS mod.

Colja for his "Jovar Face" mod.

RedHawke for his "Make Mission A Jedi" mod.

Cerasumat for the "Ceremonial Jedi Robes" mod.

May the Force Be with You All:-)

BTW - this has NOTHING to do with KotOR...or the Holowan.

Every so often, as an online game editor/reporter - I come across something totally out of the ordinary that strikes me as worthwhile mentioning/sharing with others...

Today's amusing news report (which can also be read about over at RPGDot and/or the Neverwinter Vault) is as follows:

Don't miss your chance to be a part of history!! Sign up for the NWN2 Baita Test today!!!

Interested Baita testers can fill our their application here:

http://www.narrowway.net/NWNBaitaTest.htm

I so love tongue-in-cheek reporting *chuckles*

Oh - and you are always welcomed, lady Darth333 (BTW - I'll have to do an addition to my next newsbit about you and add a link to your own KotOR Modsite).

Hahaha, I learn a new word today " baita" :D (Isn't this a small country house in Italian? I could test this: I need vacations!)

*edit* this questionnaire is too funny :D

About my website, I would prefer if you wait a little before adding it to your list: I am currently in the process of updating all my mods (and my website - svosh made me a nice header) and everything should be ready in a week or two. And again, thanks for eveything :)

Originally posted by CDRSeadog

I did a small newsbit for your "Default Clothes" mod, Achilles - and I also did a note advising my readers to check out your other mods whilst they were perusing your modsite:-)

I appreciate the advertisement :D Thank you sir!

I'm back:-)

Once again I have set my type into gear and featured the Holowan Laboratories in today's news - featured modders today were:

(1) Messkell

(2) JediKenobi

(3) RedHawke (BTW - I also gave a "plug" for your website)

(4) cchargin

(5) The_Munchkin_Lord

(6) Mono_Giganto

(7) Hulas

(8) T7nowhere for his "List of Downloads - Tools & Mods" thread

(9) Darth333 for her "Guide For The Newbie" thread

(10) Shosey for his "I Am Jedi" Mod (And a plug for his website as well).

I had noticed that I seemed to have missed giving credit to Immortality for the Customization Packs and the other mods over at Forgotten Wars...I'll have to remedy that situation with next Tuesday morning's reporting (would be nice if Immortality sent me a reminder e-mail on Monday - just in case:-)

Another Holowan Laboratories newsbit on both the RPGDot website

http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php

And Our KotOR website

http://kotor.rpgdot.com/index.php

Todays newbit featured the fgollowing modders:

(1) RedHawke

(2) Messkell

(3) Amezaroth

(4) DannyGast

(5) JediKenobi

(6) KnightFxr

(7) SouthernCroz

(8) T7nowhere (teamed with Svosh & Achilles)

(9) Darth333

Archived