Home

Adding Vehicles?

B00mer

Hey again guys, sorry for the frequent threads.

How do I add vehicles.. I added the tie fighter model but thats a model and you cant fly it (duh, i said to myself) How do I add a tie figher. I want it to be suspended in mid air under my ramp in my hangar. (think of siege_destroyer.) any help would be appreciated

thanks in advanced.

alrighty, so, you dont want a vehicle, you want a model that will stay stationary, or do you want a vehicle that you can get in? If you want a model, open up assets1 with pakscape, and extract the 'models' folder into

c:/program files/lucasarts/gamedata/base

(if you installed your JA the default way) once you've done that, go into gtkradiant (or jk2radiant, whatever your using) an rightclick on the grid, select off the list,

misc/model,

then, a box should open up for you, then go into

models/mapobjects/ships

then, select any meodel you want from there, all of the ships in JA are there.

remember, these are models, they wont fly, but if you place them suspended in air, they will stay.

Originally posted by Ockniel

alrighty, so, you dont want a vehicle, you want a model that will stay stationary, or do you want a vehicle that you can get in? If you want a model, open up assets1 with pakscape, and extract the 'models' folder into

c:/program files/lucasarts/gamedata/base

(if you installed your JA the default way) once you've done that, go into gtkradiant (or jk2radiant, whatever your using) an rightclick on the grid, select off the list,

misc/model,

then, a box should open up for you, then go into

models/mapobjects/ships

then, select any meodel you want from there, all of the ships in JA are there.

remember, these are models, they wont fly, but if you place them suspended in air, they will stay.

i already added the model... i said that... I want the Drivable Vehicle.

Open up assets1.pk3 and look at the ext_data/npcs/ directory. Vehicles are NPCs. You should see them there. Let's say you want to add a swoop, in Radiant put an NPC_vehicle in your map. In the entity window make the following entry;

key: NPC_type

value: swoop

Archived