Home

True Sith, will they be Diabolical villans?

Naphtali

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Me too. It just seemed to decay in a very weird fashion. I mean, people wouldn't even talk to you if you looked like that in reality. You should decay more like Malak. He may have a missing jaw but he doesn't

have weird veins...

Agreed! :D

They just need to get away from the Fantasy Storyline need to make evil always look just that... gaunt, pale and death warmed over looking.

The last thing you would want as a Sith would be to go around looking all pasty white, with blue veins, and many facial tatoos, advertising "Look at me I'm Evil" you would never be able to get a hotel room or a speeder rental at all! :D

They need to accept the fact that in most Sci-Fi, like the real world, evil usually looks like everyone else, unless the bad guys are cyborgs or aliens of some sort.

Just my 2 cents! :D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[bI mean, people wouldn't even talk to you if you looked like that in reality. [/b]

Then again, people wouldn't have to talk to a Rodian, or Trandoshan, or heaven forbid, a Hutt on a dayly basis in the real life. ;)

Even if you do look ugly...you can always use ur ....*Drum Roll* . . . . .

:mob:

DOMINATE MIND ABILITY!!!! :D thats right.you ugly hideous little sith.But you own them by overpowering there minds! HA! lmao. But the little rotting color thing is ugly.I noticed it when i was becoming DS and im like wt*?!?! WHATS GOING ON?!!? My char looked like he was stoned..literally!

Originally posted by Hiroki

Then again, people wouldn't have to talk to a Rodian, or Trandoshan, or heaven forbid, a Hutt on a dayly basis in the real life. ;)

The point is that they look normal for their specie. It would be like talking to an alligator or to a reptile of some sort. It's lookable.

But a decomposed humanis another thing.

The point is that they look normal for their specie. It would be like talking to an alligator or to a reptile of some sort. It's lookable.

Agreed! :D

But a decomposed human is another thing.

Again I agree! :D

Vampires, Zombies, and Mummies... Yes!

Sith... No!

One of the problems I have always had with Star Wars is that everything is to the extreme.

Jedis are too good and the Sith are too evil. I don't think there is anyway I could be either.

I just don't see anything wrong with a Jedi if he is in a fight spraying down a little line of lightning!

I just always thought the Force shouldn't be broken up into light/dark. It is obviously the same power for both it just depends on the reasoning of why you are doing something that should count.

Well enough of my rambling and I am not overly criticizing. GL is still a d#$* genius!

Its totally difficult to be a grey jedi . . you gotta remember what Side act you were doing (LS or DS) otherwise you'll lean towards either one . . .but I overcame that obstacle! :D

Oh yeah by the way,does anything happen to your char's potrait when you are become LS? Ive seen the effects of DS which somewhat freaked me out the first time i played it . .

Originally posted by nacho35

One of the problems I have always had with Star Wars is that everything is to the extreme.

Jedis are too good and the Sith are too evil. I don't think there is anyway I could be either.

I just don't see anything wrong with a Jedi if he is in a fight spraying down a little line of lightning!

I just always thought the Force shouldn't be broken up into light/dark. It is obviously the same power for both it just depends on the reasoning of why you are doing something that should count.

Well enough of my rambling and I am not overly criticizing. GL is still a d#$* genius!

GL did a lot of work with Joseph Campbell when writing the original trilogy, therefore the story is heavily influenced by the good vs evil dichotomy that exists in most of the world's myth systems. The person who toes the line between good and evil presents a dramatic element that would not exist if the story were about the battle of neutral vs. neutral over....what?

Originally posted by Achillies

The person who toes the line between good and evil presents a dramatic element that would not exist if the story were about the battle of neutral vs. neutral over....what?

I completely agree with you. Good vs neutral/bad vs bad or any other combination would not work. I am not faulting GL in any way. Like I said, he is a genius and it almost has to be set up as pure good vs pure evil.

All I am saying is that in the realm of KOTOR where I am the main character, I just wish it was different.

You never know though..."the grass is always greener on the other side!"

I completely agree with you. Good vs neutral/bad vs bad or any other combination would not work. I am not faulting GL in any way. Like I said, he is a genius and it almost has to be set up as pure good vs pure evil.

All I am saying is that in the realm of KOTOR where I am the main character, I just wish it was different.

You never know though..."the grass is always greener on the other side!"

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in time of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality." -Goethe

Originally posted by XBebop

Dooku's bad but he isn't evil.

How is he not evil? Let's see...

• corrupted by the power of the dark side
  • became a Dark Lord of the Sith
  • lies, deceit, and treachery are his ways
  • attempted to execute Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Padme
  • Recruited other Dark Jedi (Ventress, Vos, and others) to be his minions

He seems to fit the criteria for being evil.

Originally posted by maverick187

Mace Windu cut off Jango's head does that make him "evil"or even "bad"

True. They were both "soldiers" on a battlefield.

As others have said Star Wars was designed to be myth and fantasy, not standard sci-fi. Sci-fi tends to involve some social commentary or prediction of the future, which Star Wars does not do. Myths tend to have pure good vs. pure evil, so in that sense it fits right in.

But force lightning is fueled by hate and anger and is using the force to attack. All these things lead to the dark side.

Haven't you been paying attention? :)

****ing NJO. :)

What we see and are told in the movies shows that this is not true.

Oh sure . . a jedi using force lightning to bring a little rain to his garden? Please... :D

Originally posted by Prime

But force lightning is fueled by hate and anger and is using the force to attack. All these things lead to the dark side.

Haven't you been paying attention? :)

****ing NJO. :)

Man, GL has really brainwashed you guys. Think for yourselves. I am thinking outside the GL realm of Star Wars.

Because we nuked Japan to save countless thousands of lives, did that make us evil? I think not.

If you used force lightning to kill off a dark jedi and thus saved lives, does that make you evil?

I use my own moral filter when playing this game, not the GL pre-fabricated one!

To each his own :)

"It all depends on your point of view"--Obi-Wan

1)Man, GL has really brainwashed you guys. Think for yourselves. I am thinking outside the GL realm of Star Wars.

2)Because we nuked Japan to save countless thousands of lives, did that make us evil? I think not.

3)If you used force lightning to kill off a dark jedi and thus saved lives, does that make you evil?

4)I use my own moral filter when playing this game, not the GL pre-fabricated one!

To each his own :)

"It all depends on your point of view"--Obi-Wan

1-No he did not.

2-On one side, yes, you did nuke civilian populations. On the other, it was the only shortcut to end the war. Japan would never have surrendered and millions more would have died.

3-But you used anger and hate. What if you end up saving a few lives but turning to the dark side yourself? In the end, you saved no one.

4-Of course you do. You wouldn't properly play the game if you didn't.

Man, GL has really brainwashed you guys. Think for yourselves. I am thinking outside the GL realm of Star Wars.

Interesting that you are blaming GL for thousands of years of enculturation. The moral and ethical situations exemplified in the Star Wars movies have existed in almost every singly belief system that we have record of. I'm glad to hear that you are able to think for yourself, but do not be so quick to pass off people who hold opposing opinions as being "brainwashed". You may be shocked to find how much your perspective changes as you mature.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

Interesting that you are blaming GL for thousands of years of enculturation. The moral and ethical situations exemplified in the Star Wars movies have existed in almost every singly belief system that we have record of. I'm glad to hear that you are able to think for yourself, but do not be so quick to pass off people who hold opposing opinions as being "brainwashed". You may be shocked to find how much your perspective changes as you mature.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

I wasn't trying to start some philosophical /religious debate here and I certainly was not attacking anyone for their opinions.

I am not blaming GL and fully realize his jedi morality is most closely associated with the more admirable characteristics of religion. Also I believe (correct me if I am wrong) the sith were based on the Nazi regime according to a Q & A with the bioware developers.

My "brainwash" statement was in part jest. :) I say that because I am not going to get too serious about anything on these forums...because at the end of the day, this is just a game! :p

On the other hand, I merely was stating my opinions on GL's view of the Force in relation to his very strict adherence to good vs. evil. Key word was opinion

The joke part was in response to the myriad of direct Star Wars quotes relating to the force. I just pictured Yoda typing the response! :)

If I offended anyone with that word then I apologize.

You may be shocked to find out how much your perspective changes as you mature

Not exactly sure what you mean here? Unfortunately, because of my great interest in Star Wars, I am probably one of the older individuals perusing these forums! :D

...old enough that my beliefs/morals/religion and perspectives are pretty much set. ;)

Maybe hes a Jedi..Or maybe even a Sith! Brainwashing ppl :D

On-Topic: Well we all have our unique opinions thats for sure,some ppl will see where other ppl r coming from and some will not (Not saying you werent seeing other ppl's PoV Nacho :rolleyes: )

(PoV=Point of View :D )

Glad to hear that all was in jest. Sure didn't come across that way, but I realize that sometimes happens when dealing with the written word :)

Most was in jest. Thanks for reading. :)

Just as others would not want me to force my beliefs and opinions on them, I felt like it was being done to me....hence my response which might have been taken the wrong way.

Anyway, just to keep everything in perspective, and I hope I don't get attacked here :D ...The Star Wars Universe (this game included) is just fiction and this forum is just about a game.

:violin: Don't shoot me! :violin:

Archived