Home

Weapons Mod... Opinions and Knowledge Please

EnderWiggin

I am in the process of making a weapons mod. The weapons are a set.... such as 1 Implant, 1 Pair of gloves, 1 Headband, 2 Armbands etc. They will be based on the Mandalorian Items. It Should be done Thurs. Night..... But i have a question to the extraordinary people here on Holowan Labs. I will not be making Lightsabers, but should i make 2 blasters and 2 swords, or 1 blaster and 1 sword... or another combo? I am making a blaster rifle and a double bladed sword. Also what restrictions should be placed? i.e. Darkside, Canderous... BTW... How do u make People restrictions? (Restricted to Canderous) Should i restrict at all? Last.. To Make a datapad, do u just edit the description?

All Criticism Welcome!

_EW_

Originally posted by EnderWiggin

I am in the process of making a weapons mod. The weapons are a set.... such as 1 Implant, 1 Pair of gloves, 1 Headband, 2 Armbands etc. They will be based on the Mandalorian Items. It Should be done Thurs. Night..... But i have a question to the extraordinary people here on Holowan Labs. I will not be making Lightsabers, but should i make 2 blasters and 2 swords, or 1 blaster and 1 sword... or another combo? I am making a blaster rifle and a double bladed sword. Also what restrictions should be placed? i.e. Darkside, Canderous... BTW... How do u make People restrictions? (Restricted to Canderous) Should i restrict at all? Last.. To Make a datapad, do u just edit the description?

All Criticism Welcome!

Ender

As far as I can tell, you can only restrict item use by race (human or droid), feat, alignment, or class. Therefore if you wanted to restrict something to Canderous, you would probably set it up to be DS Soldier only.

For Juhani, you could restrict it to the Force Camoflage feat

Bastila = Battle Meditation

Carth = LS Soldier

Zaalbar = Wookie Toughness (listed as Wookie Endurance)

The rest would be a little more difficult to restrict.

Datapads are pretty easy. Extract the uti, assign a unique Tag/Tempresref, edit the description, and add it to a placable. Don't forget the gui tga file.

I hope that helps.

Originally posted by Achillies

As far as I can tell, you can only restrict item use by race (human or droid), feat, alignment, or class. Therefore if you wanted to restrict something to Canderous, you would probably set it up to be DS Soldier only.

Datapads are pretty easy. Extract the uti, assign a unique Tag/Tempresref, edit the description, and add it to a placable. Don't forget the gui tga file.

Thanks!

_EW_

Originally posted by Achillies

For Juhani, you could restrict it to the Force Camoflage feat

Bastila = Battle Meditation

Carth = LS Soldier

Zaalbar = Wookie Toughness (listed as Wookie Endurance)

The rest would be a little more difficult to restrict.

Canderous has his regen feat doesnt he ? justy restrict it to someone with that ability

Originally posted by Jackel

Canderous has his regen feat doesnt he ? justy restrict it to someone with that ability

Feel free to show me how to do that...

Canderous' regen ability is part of a "hide", not a feat (check out g_i_crhide007 if you'd like to see it for yourself). In other words when you go to create the node that restricts usage to a feat, you won't see it in the list. This means that if you're going to restrict use to Canderous, you'll have to find some other unique identifier. Since he doesn't have any unique FEATS, you'll probably have to use a combination of class (Soldier) and alignment (Darkside).

I hope that helps.

ok i'm almost done. I would like to know the script (Darth333 or TK102!) or way to do this:

(In dialog)

PC: "You have something on your mind?"

Canderous:"Yeah... Go check the metal box over there."

-------End Dialog--------

(You go over and get the items from the box)

-------------------------------

(New Dialog where "You have something on your mind?" isn't there)

-------------------------------

PC: "What are these items?"

Canderous: "(Sentence I haven't thought up yet)"

PC: "Can I use them?"

Canderous: "No... they are specificly designed for a Mandalorian Brain Pattern."

PC: "Ok... then you can use them, right?"

Canderous: "Yeah..."

----------End Dialog---------

Now I'd like the option of "What are these items?" to be gone.

I know it can be done..... can someone please help a Newbie like me?

Edit: Sorry for the confusion. I get how to create the dialog. How do i make it remove the 1st option and add the 2nd option after finding the items, then remove the second option after having that 2nd conversation?

_EW_

Archived