Home

The Dreamers: Part 1: The Dreams Begin

jokemaster

Ok, here's a new RPG. The basic story:

A group of people have been having dreams. They know that the dreams are showing them something that's going to happen, but they don't know when, where, or why. In every dream there's a good thing and a bad thing. ALL DREAMS HAVE TO BE CONNECTED SOMEHOW. Now the character rules:

1. No Godmoding

2. No Controlling other people's characters

3. You can be someone who was mentioned in someone else's dreams, unless the user specifically states you can't control that character, or the user is already controlling him.

Now Profiles should look like this:

Name:

Job:

Dream Description:

OR

Good thing in dream:

Bad thing in dream:

-------

Name: Vincent Wayne

Job: Student/Pizza delivery/cook

Good thing in dream: Meets the girl of his dreams

Bad thing in dream: Will destroy the world, or somehow cause the destruction of it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name:Brad Urban

Job:Freelance webdesigner/student

Dream Description:He is sitting with a girl that he's attracted and fond of but never see's her. In the distance there is a flash and a shockwave, he hears people screaming and watches them burn or descentigrate, there is a bright light above the city, the wave heads his way, and he wakes up.

Vincent woke up. He had just had the same dream/nightmare he had been having for the last few weeks. He looked at his clock. 5:55. If he went back to sleep he would have to wake up in fifteen minutes. He shut down the alarm and went to his kitchen.

He made himself breakfast and drove calmly to his school. On the way he listened to "Man of Constant Sorrow". Once at school he went to his classes, always looking out in case the girl of his dreams was there.

Lunch break. He also had the next period free. He picked up his backpack and ran to work. At the pizza place he got in uniform while chatting with his friend

"Hey, you heard Motocross is coming to town?"

"Cool. maye I'll be able to catch a few races."

"You a big fan?"

"No, I just enjoy watching most types of races."

"Alright then , let's get to work."

Business as usual so far.

Jennifer woke up to her dream again, she ignored it and got ready for her early morning bike practice, he got her stuff and headed down to the track, she suited up and tore down the track at full speed doing her usual run. when se finsihed her manager was standing there.

"well jenny, the next motocross tournament is moving to another city soon"

"yeah i know, i'm still practicing anyway"

"always good to hear" the manager walked off and jennifer put her helmet back on and started riding again.

Vincent first went to the house of his favorite customer. He worked in a ticket office, and sometimes offered Vincent extra tickets to some events. He knocked on the door.

"Wow, you're 20 minutes early, man."

"Yeah, I hurried up."

"You heard about the motocross coming to town?"

"Yeah, me and some friends were planning on going to it"

"Really? Here, four tickets, front row."

He handed Vincent a folder with the tickets, promotional phamphlets and other information about the races.

"Thanks"

Vincent finished his deliveries and went home. He opened the folder and froze. On the front of the roster was a picture of the girl from his dreams. He quickly looked up her name. Jennifer O'Grady, and apparently she hadn't lost a race yet. He picked up the phone and called someone he thought might help him meet her, Brad.

Jennifer finished her rounds and she then went home to relax, just as she sat down the phone rang, she let out a grunt then picked it up

"hey jenn, its your manager here, just telling you that we are leaving tomorrow, so get your things packed and be ready to get up and go alright?"

"yeah sure, alright cool, see you tomorrow then?"

"yep, and make sure you get alot fo practise in, there is a new racer on the track, they say he's good"

"we will have to see about that, won't we?"

"ah ha! thats the kind fo spirit i like!, bye jenn"

"bye"

jenn hung up and went to her room, she packed her biker suits, her louging clothes and her going out clothes, she then picked up a picture the man of her dreams, she drew it herself, and thats the best she could come up with, it was pretty good, she used to be a artist, she packed that away hoping to find him, she doubted it though, and then she packed numourus other things as well.

when she finished packing she lay down on her bed and set her alarm 4 hours ahead, then she would practise.

Vincent got the e-mail of a webmaster of a motocross site from Brad. He asked the webmaster if he could interview Jennifer for them and set up the date with her team's PR manager. He then got out his dream notebook. There he had recorded every detail of the dream. He had made two pictures of the girl. One by hand, and the other with a police description computer program. There were some differences but sure enough, the girl was Jennifer. He did his homework and went to sleep, now more scared of his dream, knowing at least part of them was coming true

Jennifer woke up, as usual a few minutes before her alarm went off, she turned it off, and suited up then headed out to the track, she saw a few other racers practising as well, she went on the megaphone and said

"hey! this is jennifer, anyone who wants to have a friendly race meet me at the starting line". when eveyrone was there she started up and got the track operator to make a countdown, and they were off, down the track and around the first bend to hit the first jump she wa clearly smoking the rest of the riders, one was close on her tail though, she couldn't shake him, so she tried going as fast as she could on the track, something she had never done, they came around a few more turns and a few more ramps, then they went down a steep hill to hit a huge ramp, she hit it perfectly as did her tailing rider.

as they came to the finish line she had clearly won and stopped after she won, and took off her helmet to see how the mystery rider was.

"hey you! your a good racer, you almsot passed me a few times"

"yeah, well i practise everyday and i watch your movies and your races, and i study how you race, i see no flaw in it"

"your too kind, you really want to beat me don't you? well i'm jennifer, pleased to meet you"

"hi i'm john, we shall meet again tomorrow then"

"your coming too? wicked alright then, see you there".

Name: Erin Rice

Job: pizza delivery

Dream Description: The city is exploding around Erin she can see no way to get out. She wonders briefly what is going on, but there is little time for her to wonder. A brilliant exposion roars straight ahead of her and she is pushed backward into a nearby building. She hopes she can get out of the building some other way and starts running through the halls. Suddenly, a guy grabs her arm and turns her around, leading her down below ground level. There they stay, but it is not a safe place. Soon, the explosions come again... one destroys the guy who helped her and then she wakes up.

Erin awoke with a scream. She hated that dream! Why did it have to come to her every night? Now that the dream had pulled her out of her sleep, Erin knew she would not be able to sleep again. She looked at the clock and groaned. 4 AM was not a great time to wake up when you had to work until 9 PM. Erin shook her head, amazed at herself as she reminded herself that this was what she did every day.

Every morning, the dream woke her up at 4 AM. Every morning, she woke up enough that she could not go back to sleep. Every night, she fell asleep by 11 PM, but every morning, without fail, the dream interrupted her sleep.

She rolled over in her bed, wishing she could get back to sleep, but when she gave in to the fact that she would not, she rolled herself out of bed and went into the kicthen, rubbing her eyes. This would be a lousy day, just like all days.

_--_--_--_--_--_

By 9 AM Erin was at the pizza place she worked at. She briefly acknowledged Vincent and his friend and overheard what they were talking about. Motocross... one sport Erin could not understand. What was so exiting about it? Erin could not answer that question. Racing around in an oval on motorbikes... no, Erin could see nothing special about it. Instead of trying, she decided to get right to work, something she was good at.

_--_--_--_--_--_

Erin liked her job... sort of. Delivering pizzas wasn't all bad. She enjoyed driving around the city and was glad to have some way to pay her bills. When there were no more deliveries, she went back to the pizza place to wait for more. Typically, they waited until they had five pizzas they could deliver, so she had to wait a while. She shrugged. Nothing wrong with waiting.

(by the way joke, i'm not at the track in your city yet, i was just having a friendly race with the other riders, it was not a scheduled race, so no one would be there to watch it)

Jennifer went home and took off her motocross suit and just got into her lounging clothes, she lazed around for an hour ro so then went to sleep, she needed it, if he could almsot catch up to her on a course she knew, she wondered how they would fair in a totaly new track,she went into a deep sleep, and then it happened, her dream again, she woke up and gasped, she dispiesed(sp) that dream, she got some breakfast and got ready to move out to the new town, where she hoped to meet her dream man.

((Whoops, sorry about that. Thought you were in the track in my char's city, and anyway, my character was arriving to 'interview' you, so it wouldn't matter if the race was scheduled or not.))

Vincent couldn't sleep at all, nervous about his dream. He finally got up, went to school and to work. At work he couldn't concentrate. He seemed extremely tired, and looked as if he would fall asleep at any moment. While waiting for the pizzas to get finished he noticed Erin there. He walked over to her.

"Hi."

Jennifer waited outside her apartment building waiting for the tour bus to come, it finaly came, she got in and saw all of the other racers, soem playing cards, other reading, and some more laughing about something, everyone silenced when she entered though.

"at ease? jeez guys come on lighten up" Jennifer said in a joking manner, and everyone laughed and went back to what they were doing, she sat beside one of her friends, a fellow rider.

Erin nodded. "4 AM, just like normal." She sighed. "Sometimes I wish I could have a normal sleep schedule. As it is, I'm always tired and there's nothing I can do about it."

"Erin!" the boss called. "We've got ten deliveries for you. Get going!"

"Ugh," Erin muttered. "What made them wait for ten?" She turned to Vincent and smiled again.

"I gotta go," she said. "See you later."

Jennifer chatted and joked with her friends and then she got tired and went to sleep,she woke up to her dream and was gasping for air, everyone was looking at her and they shook their heads and went back to what they were doing

"you alright jenn? bad dream?"

"yeah, but its gone now, i'm ok" then a voice came over the intercom

"10 minutes unitl destination, get your stuff ready" the voice crackeld off.

"finaly, ive been waiting for this race" jenn then stood up, stretched and went off to her stuff and put it all back in her carry-on bag.

Vincent couldn't reach Brad, so he had left that message on his answering machine. He finished his rounds, and called Erin with the same offer to go to the motocross. But with her he explained that he had recognized one of the racers as the girl from his dream.

Jennifer was the last person to get off the bus, she got off and pulled her jacket around tight, he went and got her bag and went with the riders to the hotel and she saw her manager there so she talked to him.

" i hoped you practise jenn, the race is in 2 hours"

"yep, i'm ready, i'm pumped, i'm ready to go"

"good good, alrighty, go get changed and meet me at the track, you know where it is right?"

"yeah"

"alright, your room is 808"

"ok thanks" jenn went into the elevatoir and went to the eighth floor and went to her room, she unpacked the picture of her dream man, and out it on the counter, she thne put her clothes into the drawers and the rest of her stuff in their proper places, she then went downstairs and drove off to the track, even though she wan't racing for another hour and 15 minutes.

Archived