Home

Jedi Academy Weapons for KotOR

bneezy

Originally posted by bneezy

I was thinking really hard about this last night:

1) Not everyone has Jedi Academy. Some people aren't going to buy the game just to see if they can convert the weapons. Sure they can downoad the demo and use the weapons included with it, but that brings me to my next point...

2) Not everyone has broadband. Even if they wanted to download the demo(or 3D Studio Max or Photoshop CS), it would take an ungodly amount of time. Some people in the slums of America still have dial up. Those people are being rounded up and executed.

3) Anyone could have done it. Yeah, but they didn't. Well, they did, but then dropped off the face of the earth and didn't tell anyone how.

Then i thank you for making these mods, and i for one hope you dont drop off the face of the Earth :D:D your a member of Holowan, that by itself makes you special :D:D:D (that includes EVERYONE whos a member of Holowan)

MattCole

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess these are out of the picture then:

stormtrooper1.jpg

stormtrooper2.jpg

Well, I for one have always wanted to convert the Sith troopers to storm troopers, but never really looked into how to do it, or if it was even possible. I know I would like you to release such a thing, but copyrights are an issue if you want to post it publically.

Hapslash has made an improved version of the stormtrooper. Perhaps you could ask him permission to use his instead. That would allow the mod to become a reality for the rest of us (which I greatly desire :) ), avoid any legal unpleasantries, and use a superior model to boot.

Just a thought. I hope you consider it. :)

Hapslash has made an improved version of the stormtrooper. Perhaps you could ask him permission to use his instead. That would allow the mod to become a reality for the rest of us (which I greatly desire ), avoid any legal unpleasantries, and use a superior model to boot.

"Superior" is an understatement, Prime.

Jedi Academy Default Stormtrooper:

stormtrooper1.jpg

stormtrooper2.jpg

HapSlash's Improved Stormtrooper:

hapsstorm1.jpg

hapsstorm2.jpg

Wow! Good call for a "newbie". Those people are absolutely gifted professionals. I believe these are the use guidelines:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCIFI 3D Agreement Form

By entering this site you agree to this form and promise to uphold it to the best of your abilty. In an effort to show that this is not a form exclusive to SCIFI 3D, parts of it in whole or part are from other 3D sites agreement forms. Three such sites are SWMA, B5MG.com, and 3DARK/3Dtotal. There are 2 sections to this form. CREDIT and COPYRIGHT. At the end of each section the relevant source references to each sites agreement forms has been listed.

CREDIT

SCIFI 3D: We presume that artists want proper credit for all uses of their work. Therefore we have a set of reasonable guidelines for each type of use. In spite of the personal opinion of each artists it is presumed that every artist who participates in this site with materials agrees to this also. There are many reasons for this. First is to do the moral and ethical thing by giving credit and recognition to those who have graciously supplied us with wonderful materials. Second is to protect the rights of each artist by helping to keep others from claiming credit for their work. There is a problem with theft out there. Third is to provide potential employers with a means of contacting artists. Believe it or not people have found jobs through SCIFI 3D. So in keeping with these goals a set of guidelines have been established on how to give credit for each type of artwork. ONE of many arguements I hear is "Well, do I have to credit costumers, caterers, and everybody else now too?". That is between you and them. Second, those guys knowingly participated in your artwork. Our artists do not know you are using their materials. All we ask is that you credit us. AND most would like to know what you are doing for curiosity purposes. That's the reason we have them online fellas. WE want to see what you are doing with the models.

IMAGES: Somewhere on the image at minimum there must be note of the ARTIST and/or SCIFI 3D. You can do both or any other combination if liked. Anything extra beyond this is up to the each user. Some have taken to heart that this destroys the artwork. I do not agree and have found true artists to even turn this into a form of expression with fonts and colors for the text that complimented the image. Some have also used widescreen format and used the black areas to list credits. Also there is a possible issue with multiple credits just for one model from our site. Again....you can just mention the "original" artist and SCIFI 3D so people can visit us and find the total credit.

MOVING IMAGES, Animations, etc: At the end or beginning of the trailer, movie, animation, etc. credits should be included. Altho there is more of an opportunity here for credits with greater detail it is not necessary. One of the reasons for credit is to provide a means of contact to the artist. To acheive this and the other goals it is necessary to list the artists and/or SCIFI 3D in a LEGIBLE manner in spite of compression. There is also an issue of file size with long credits. To avoid this an artist should use a high quality image with credits listed. This can be one or more images of credits attached to the end of the movie. This in turn can be viewed by using the PAUSE button on the media player. Running 10 minutes of animated credits is not necessary nor logical. Also there is a possible issue with multiple credits just for one model from our site. Again....you can just mention the "original" artist and SCIFI 3D so people can visit us and find the total credit.

We've already had that discussion Prime. It already caused unpleasantries.

I see that coming late to the party isn't always fashionable. Sorry. :)

Originally posted by MattColejk

does it really matter? its made, ppl want it

(yes i know about the Copyright problems)

It is an issue that must be addressed, because we don't want to get people into legal problems. Also, it is best to try and respect the guidelines for using other's work. That was why I suggested Hapslash's model, because you might be able to get permission from him and thus have no legal issues.

Wow! Good call for a "newbie". Those people are absolutely gifted professionals.

I see there are some stormtrooper models there. Does this mean you might attempt using that model instead and have a "releasable" mod?

I still hold out hope that I will see stormtroopers in KOTOR. :)

All of those models are great but, most are unusable. They are either too high quality (that is a first for a complaint), have overlapping vertices (which won't import into KotOR), or only use the materials from the modeling programs. We would have to texture them ourselves. I don't know about you guys, but I suck at that.

lol, I insist on it. Actually the Stormtrooper helmet has 20,000 faces and 12,000 vertices. Wouldn't that affect the game? The way things were going it looked like it was going to take hours to convert the thing back into KotOR.

lol, I insist on it. Actually the Stormtrooper helmet has 20,000 faces and 12,000 vertices. Wouldn't that affect the game? The way things were going it looked like it was going to take hours to convert the thing back into KotOR.

Please can you make that 40,000 faces and 24,000 vertices?

The helmet alone took 20-25 minutes to convert back into .mdl and .mdx for KotOR and that was after adding an optimize modifier to lower the poly count. And I have a 3.2 P4, 1GB Corsair, and a Radeon 9800 Pro (don't know if that one matters.)

Archived