Home

Jedi Academy Weapons for KotOR

bneezy

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Rogue9dlb

I guess I'm a little confused. Does this mean that just new weapon models can be put in the game, or other items like masks? I know some have been working on new models for KOTOR, but I haven't heard how successful they've been.

Rogue,

This thread has an example of a new weapon model that T7nowhere is working on. This is his second custom weapon model, so he may be able to answer specific questions that you have regarding the process.

I hope that helps.

My hope is that the authors of all these great JO and JA mods will convert them for use in KotOR under their own names and release them. That would prevent hurt feelings all around. Everyone should download the mods they want in KotOR from places like LucasFiles and JK2Files and then email the authors and ask them to convert them or to let us do it for them. Then they would know there is an entire new audience that loves their mods and wants to use them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helmet by Niblem Deamos (Niblemdeamos@yahoo.com):

Clonetrooper Armor by our very own Darth ToMeR:

DC-15 Clonetrooper Rifle by [TSO] AnKura KyouOso (pwl_DarkFear@hotmail.com):

clonearmy1.jpg

clonearmy2.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The authors are according to the readme's. Although the DC-15 may not belong to that person. I believe they made a collection of them. Remember that these are not available for download (except for ToMeR's armor) and I did not make them. Only When and if the authors convert them for KotOR or give us permission to convert them, will they see the light of day.

The repeater and Sceptre look great! If you do release them, try to make it so you can get the sceptre in Ragnos' tomb on Korriban. THAT would be cool! Great job on the troopers and stuff also! I hope to be able to download soon!

Originally posted by Glamador

just a question...how hte hell did u get an ANIMATED stormtrooper into the game?

Armors aren't animated, they are static. The same with helmets and masks. Animations pertain to moving parts such as facial expressions, body movements, or lightsaber ignitions.

I think armors are animated. I'm not sure. For the screenshot he's talking about, all I did was change the .UTC file for the sith troopers. I changed their appearance to a PC model and put ToMeR's clonetrooper armor and the stormtrooper helmet on them. I also gave them the E-11 blaster. That method only seems to work on sith troopers that aren't in cutscenes.

Originally posted by Achilles

You're probably right, although I thought that I'd read that the problem with armors and such was meshes, not animations.:confused:

edit : skins are meshes that go over the animated skeletons which is why it doesnt matter what skin you have you always have the same animations for the same weapons wether you are carth , juhani or your npc.

I believe CChargin said we can modify existing armours and change them around but cant get make new ones. So if someone could figure out how to add the clone troopers helmet on to the class 9 body and use Darth Tomers skins (with his permission of course) and build it as a complete model and use it to replace the normal sith soldiers we could have clone troopers in the game without having to change utc files.

bneezy : to make all the sith troopers (including in cut scenes) in to Darth Tomers + Clone Helmet do this : extract the class 9 armour model (and mdx files) rename to the same as sith trooper armour drop in to your override folder , take the armour you want from DT's clone trooper skins , rename to the same as sith trooper skins , and drop in to your override folder. Load up the game , go to a new area and see your handy work. They will still be easy to kill they will just look like the clone trooper.

I played around with that for fun and made sith troopers look like full bodied mandolorians using my mando armour skins , was kinda fun to face off against them :D

Originally posted by Jackel

edit : skins are meshes that go over the animated skeletons which is why it doesnt matter what skin you have you always have the same animations for the same weapons wether you are carth , juhani or your npc.

Thanks for clearing that up :)

Originally posted by bneezy

For the screenshot he's talking about, all I did was change the .UTC file for the sith troopers... That method only seems to work on sith troopers that aren't in cutscenes.

Follow Jackel's method or you will run into trouble. When you extract a .utc file, edit it and place it in the override folder, you "override" all the .utc files with the same name in the game.

Unfortunately, Bioware often used files with the same names in different modules but with different scripts attached to them and sometimes different tags. Therefore it may cause some events not to happen or the game to freeze completely.

I liked the DC-15 Clonetrooper Rifle but it was a little thin. The ones in the movies are as big as people and a lot thicker. I increased the size a bit. I think these look a lot truer to the movies.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/clonearmy3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/clonearmy4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/clonearmy5.jpg

Originally posted by bneezy

I liked the DC-15 Clonetrooper Rifle but it was a little thin. The ones in the movies are as big as people and a lot thicker. I increased the size a bit. I think these look a lot truer to the movies.

Now that's cool. I would like to replace the sith on taris with these guys

A couple things:

1) What the heck is a SanityCheck? And what am I doing when applying the textures to get it? And how do I stop getting it?

2) If you look at ToMeR's armor, it has the glossy look to it. Everyting in the game has it I think. How would I add that to the Storm/Clonetrooper helmets to give them that matching shine.

3) How can I find and get rid of overlapping vertices in the models before exporting them?

Archived