Home

Evidence of any faction on any map

Revlt Coranier

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/starwarsbattlefront/all_updates.html Scroll down to find "Developer Interview" and a picture of a guy. It should say "Many Bothans died to bring you this interview with David Zemke." under it.

At 2:49, there is a 1st person view of a rocket launcher-toting player shooting at a clone with a jet pack on Kamino. I at first thought it must be an Assault Droid, since all the screenshots suggest that the Kamino map will be Clones vs. Droids. But looking at the Star Wars Battlefront official site, I realized that the rocket launcher from the video is none other than the Imperial Shocktrooper rocket launcher! So if this video has Imps fighting Clones on Kamino, maybe any faction can play any map in the game. But it also could be just testing or something.

maybe they look different close up or something, like they might use the same side for everything, like they do with hands in James Bond Nightfire ( a crappy game, btw) I hope kinda hope there is, so you can goof oof and have more planets to play with, I reserve judgement until sept 21.

Ok, well any SANE developer would make all factions playable on all maps. Simply because people LOVE IT and clans couldn't battle out if they couldn't play on maps with their races. Also there has been confirmed 2 single player options, The storyline mode and the Galactic Conquest where you pick a faction and then battle out on every planet. Last night I found out that there is even going to me multiplayer option for Galactic Conquest, meaning: Two Clan can choose to play GC, this can take weeks as the clans conquere planets one after another. So how would you conquer each planet with your faction if the factions were pre-set to all maps? This sounded pretty obvious to me at the first place though :cool:

Originally posted by Dragnarr

Ok, well any SANE developer would make all factions playable on all maps. Simply because people LOVE IT and clans couldn't battle out if they couldn't play on maps with their races. Also there has been confirmed 2 single player options, The storyline mode and the Galactic Conquest where you pick a faction and then battle out on every planet. Last night I found out that there is even going to me multiplayer option for Galactic Conquest, meaning: Two Clan can choose to play GC, this can take weeks as the clans conquere planets one after another. So how would you conquer each planet with your faction if the factions were pre-set to all maps? This sounded pretty obvious to me at the first place though :cool:

I don't think having all factions on all maps only has positive points. I've said this before: if all factions can battle eachother, this would require much more balancing. Now only Imperials and Rebels have to be balanced, and Clones and Seperatits. If you want to put them all together, you have to balance Seperatits with Rebels, etc. This would create more limits for the seperate factions, making the game less nice to play.

Look at what they already took out: Imperial Officier, and all kinds of little things like the rebel pilots ninja rope. I believe this was probably done for balancing issues.

I think the developers would be insane if they made all factions playable on all maps.

BTW, are you absolutely sure GC has an online mode?

And a map that is so noce to play with Clones and Seperatits, no also has to be adjusted for Imperials and Rebels, making it less nice to play.

"Galactic Conquest" that we're pretty excited about. And what this is … imagine a board game like a RISK; we're looking at it and we decide what battles we want to play on, and we then jump in as a group of players and go and fight out the battle. Whoever wins it now controls that planet. The more planets are controlled the more bonuses I can bring to bare in the battlefield. It's a way of extending instead of having these on off multiplayer games. You can have a multiplayer game with two clans that could last over weeks and weeks, as they're fighting for control over the entire galaxy. "

Taken from the Gamespy Interview at July 29 2004

The actual interview was made on May 12th at E3 though, so atleast I hope it's all true :cool:

As much as it just seems impossible to me, I really woulnd't mind any faction any map. It would totally destroy replaying any battles unless you set it so emp's vs reb's and seps vs republic.

But if you really can play any faction any map how do you decide which faction it is? I mean can you just choose any side. Is there some sort of team leader? It wouldn't make sense to just have an all out any faction sort battle where theres a team of republic and rebel troops holding off empire and CIS troops. Atleast not to me.

Originally posted by TK-8252

Sorry, but your theory is false. All throughout the making of the game they've been switching the missile launchers the factions use. If you look back in past screenshots, you'll see the same missile launcher used with other factions.

Clearly not the BAW E-60R Missile Launcher

Clearly not the Merr-Sonn PLX Missile Launcher

You're right, maybe they are just testing or something? :)

I always envisioned some sort of game with prolonged clan "campaigns." This seems to be a candidate.

I wouldn't mind Imp vs. Reb at Kamino, but I hope there isn't an "Imp vs. Republic" game. That is completely wrong , considering that the Republic evolves into the Imperial Empire.

Originally posted by Dragnarr

"Galactic Conquest" that we're pretty excited about. And what this is … imagine a board game like a RISK; we're looking at it and we decide what battles we want to play on, and we then jump in as a group of players and go and fight out the battle. Whoever wins it now controls that planet. The more planets are controlled the more bonuses I can bring to bare in the battlefield. It's a way of extending instead of having these on off multiplayer games. You can have a multiplayer game with two clans that could last over weeks and weeks, as they're fighting for control over the entire galaxy. "

Taken from the Gamespy Interview at July 29 2004

The actual interview was made on May 12th at E3 though, so atleast I hope it's all true :cool:

I know, but on the lucasarts site, they onlu mention galactic conquest at the single player game options.

Originally posted by Revlt Coranier

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/starwarsbattlefront/all_updates.html Scroll down to find "Developer Interview" and a picture of a guy. It should say "Many Bothans died to bring you this interview with David Zemke." under it.

At 2:49, there is a 1st person view of a rocket launcher-toting player shooting at a clone with a jet pack on Kamino. I at first thought it must be an Assault Droid, since all the screenshots suggest that the Kamino map will be Clones vs. Droids. But looking at the Star Wars Battlefront official site, I realized that the rocket launcher from the video is none other than the Imperial Shocktrooper rocket launcher! So if this video has Imps fighting Clones on Kamino, maybe any faction can play any map in the game. But it also could be just testing or something.

It is the droids' rocket luncher, look at the red line.

http://www.gamezone.com/topframe/extlink.htm?Link=http://pcmac.gamehelper.com/articles/502.htm

Take a look at this preview, it says Galactic Conquest is multiplayer too ( CONSOLE ONLY! WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY THINKING???? ). Needless to say Im going for the PC version. PC is the greatest thing for multiplayer games and they left out one of the most intriguing multiplayer stuff out :cool:

i think they should have any army any map.i wanna kill an ewok with a batttle droid!!!!!

ok i got evidence that the armys can be on any map!ok on a few of the screen shots you see a ATAT witha bunch of rebels around it.its all frozen and junk like hoth yet it has the ruined cities like rhen var.as we all know the sepreatist and the republic fought on rhen var not the empire and rebels right?

To clear this up:

Yes, some planets allow you play any faction for their two maps, like say Bespin. But you will always play only Reb v Empire OR Seperatist v Republic. Other planets are specific...like say Hoth (Rebs v Empire only) or Kamino (Droids versus Clonetroopers only)

To follow up where Nortonyo started, there are some maps that are for all side and some that are for specific side.

The ones that are era specific are:

Endor = Imperial and rebel

Kamino = Sepratist and Clone

Geonosis = Sepratist and Clone

Hoth = Imperial and Rebel.

All the remaining maps are multi faction maps. only the above are for specific eras

Originally posted by Bobby's Helmet

To follow up where Nortonyo started, there are some maps that are for all side and some that are for specific side.

The ones that are era specific are:

Endor = Imperial and rebel

Kamino = Sepratist and Clone

Geonosis = Sepratist and Clone

Hoth = Imperial and Rebel.

All the remaining maps are multi faction maps. only the above are for specific eras

Rebels and imperials in Naboo? Clones and droids on Yavin 4?

Archived