is bobby a DEV?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. is bobby a DEV?

• yes
    • no

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you suspect Bobby, huh? Why? There is no reason for anyone to impersonate a dev unless they wanted respect. All i know is that Bobby seems like a great guy who gives us loads of greatfully excepted info and answers to our questions. You have no eason to suspect him! I really hope you diddnt start this thread without expecting a flame war, because i cangauruntee right now that one will trigger.

if he's real he won't care.

bobby's helmut, you said you were ONE OF THE LEAD ARTISTS on this game. here are some questions and i'm calling total bullsh@t on you unless i get the right answers.

what is your real name?

and title when making this game?

who was the co-lead?

what program did you use for the models?

what program do you use to create the textures?

if he's real he won't care.

bobby's helmut, you said you were ONE OF THE LEAD ARTISTS on this game. here are some questions and i'm calling total bullsh@t on you unless i get the right answers.

what is your real name?

and title when making this game?

who was the co-lead?

what program did you use for the models?

what program do you use to create the textures?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

How dare you! This guy Is only trying to help us grateful lads. I cant beleive you would stoop so low as to question this man's identity. Like i said, you have no right to accuse him of false iddentity. In turn, i agree with Revlt Coranier. Evenn if he waz a fake, we are not giving him stuff that he could use to steal from us or hurt us. Trust me when I say you do NOT want to make enemies with a developer.

who cares? he is giving us good info and is helping the time until sept 21 easier to go through. Is TK and boranchistanger the same? is ET Warrior and InsaneSith the same? No, you say? Thats how everyone else feels about Bobby. Hes most likely a dev. It IS a bit suspicious that hes spending so much more time here than the other devs, but whateve.r

what's the big deal?

i just wanna see if this guy's legit or not. there's nothing wrong with that.

have you ever heard of supershadow? he's a big star wars phony who tricks naive, little fanboys into thinking he's an insider. i'm just trying to protect some of the more "trusting" members of this board from being duped by a fake. if he's legit then i have no problem with him and would like to hear more.

but using your families voices and faces in the game!

come on people! wake up!

the questions i asked have answers and if he's the man he won't mind answering. 2 to 1 he just.... disappears.

Originally posted by thejeditraitor

what's the big deal?

i just wanna see if this guy's legit or not. there's nothing wrong with that.

have you ever heard of supershadow? he's a big star wars phony who tricks naive, little fanboys into thinking he's an insider. i'm just trying to protect some of the more "trusting" members of this board from being duped by a fake. if he's legit then i have no problem with him and would like to hear more.

but using your families voices and faces in the game!

come on people! wake up!

Supershadow was the guy who wrote the fake episode 3 script wasn't he? I'm glad it's fake, cuz it suck.

It's not your job to suspect, if anyone should it's the moderators.

it seems far-fetched is my point. and you ask, "how dare i question someone's identity?!" i have every right to question his identity if he says he's a developer.

you must be really young and trusting if you think everyone on the internet tells the truth about who they are.

if there is substantial evidence that points to him being honest, then i will apologize to him.

follow me oh children, into the light of truth. ah! ha!

Originally posted by thejeditraitor

it seems far-fetched is my point. and you ask, "how dare i question someone's identity?!" i have every right to question his identity if he says he's a developer.

you must be really young and trusting if you think everyone on the internet tells the truth about who they are.

if there is substantial evidence that points to him being honest, then i will apologize to him.

follow me oh children, into the light of truth. ah! ha!

What proof do you want?

I really don't see the point in him lying. People only lie to get something in return. What would he gain. He seems to know alot about the game that has not been released. And he won't answer all question, just the ones that a artist would know. What could he gain from lying. I trust him. Well at least I trust him when it come to him tell me about a game not with my credit number or something. LOL, ya know!:)

just sent bobby this pm so hopefully he'll read it when he logs on.

hey what's up, just wanted to know if you have any cool secrets or anything from the game to share with everyone. also could you have any other dev's come on the boards and chat with us?

if he is real maybe we can get some other dev's to talk to us.

I'm with thejeditraitor on this one. I don't see why everyone is on his back just because he asked a legitimate question.

If Bobby is a Dev then that's fine and I'm happy to have him on board but Bobby hasn't given any information that you can't find out with a little searching.

As a lead Artist/Developer he would have access to a lot more of the items in the game than he has told us.

Why not tell us some juicy tidbits?

It's not like we won't buy the game now is it?

As for why someone would want to impersonate a dev...well everyone seems to be hanging on his words and some people just get off on fooling other people.

My goodness, I can't belive you have started a thread on wether I am real or not. I am honoured. I bet the guys at Pandemic are laughing their arses off at this. I feel like the Star Wars version of John Titor. (The Pandemic guys will know about this fella, he was a guy on a forum that claimed he was a time traveller, its along story so do a search on the net and find out for yourself).

Anyway, to answer some of your questions. Some are a little personal, not sure if I should answer them. But I will do what I can.

1. Real name, HHMMM I don't know wether I should give this or not. All I will say is that my initials are DTB check the lead artist list on the credits when you buy it.

2. My title on the project is as I have said, lead artist. This entailed working with my co- lead in creating all the levels, designing the levels, characters, just about everything you see in the game. We worked closeley with the designers and programmers and pulled out all the stops in getting the best looking game we could out of the software.

3. I don't think my co- lead would want his name splashed all over the internet either so I will leave him annonymous, although he is an AMAZING fella and I totally miss working with him, TOP GUY!! Even my log in name is an in joke between us. Hi there!! I am sure you are reading this and laughing your head off. LOL

4. This one is easy, Our 3D software was softimage XSI. This was new to me when I came to pandemic as I was a 3DS MAX user before this so I had to learn it but picked it up in about a week. I have been in the games industry for over 13 years now so I am pretty quik at picking up new software. My new job uses Mya so I am learning that at the moment but again its pretty easy once you pick it up. We also used Pandemics home made level editor wich was an AWEFUL piece of software but did a decent enough job. It dates right back to its OOOOLLLD games, so I think they are scrapping it now and coming up with something new for the sequel.

5. We use photoshop to do all the textures. We did them mostly at 512x512 resolution then chopped them down to 256 x 256 for the PS2, the 512's were used in the XBOX and PC versions. I did all the character textures at 1024x1024, this was so I could get as much detail in the characters as possible.

Anyway, there you have it. All your questions answered, well most of them. If you still doubt me I am totally willing to answer more. Just throw em at me.

Oh yeah and to answer this question.

Like I have said before, I am no longer at Pandemic, I came home to the UK. I got home sick so I stuck it out to the end of the project, then came back. So I am now spending a well earned month off with my kids on their summer holidays before I start work again.

I keep coming on cos its quite amusing reading all your messeges and threads. Especially now that there is one dedicated to me. LOL

:band:

Archived