Home

Can you use a vehicle as a droideka?

_reTrY

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by nortenyo

IT's official, I checked the game today with our lead artist, and confirmed that the droideka is the only character that cannot pilot any type of vehicle. He is considered his own vehicle.

Ding dong for that! :D

And for the people who think pilots should not be the only one who can fly vehicles, well... THEN WHY ARE THEY CALLED PILOTS???

Really! They have nothing to do with piloting. We know that, but not all people who'll play the game know that. It should be simply renamed (and perhaps remodeled) to support or something.

Originally posted by nortenyo

IT's official, I checked the game today with our lead artist, and confirmed that the droideka is the only character that cannot pilot any type of vehicle. He is considered his own vehicle.

Maybe the did that to balance him. He does sound like a super-unit, this is probably the bad side of playing him.

In multiple air-vehicles there's still only 1 pilot spot, the others are considered gunners or passangers, and for myself I wouldn't want to always be a pilot just to fly some ship, I could just be a sniper and grab a speeder, or be an assault troop and hop onto AT-ST, of course you could do that with pilot, but since their role is mainly to support a too many pilots on the field wouldn't be good. Right now it seems the pilot seem to lack the most, if everyone can pilot vehicles why pick pilot anyways? I doubt supporting medi and ammo packs and building a few turrets is that fun in long term, and with this we could prevent the "everyone picks heavy weapon and aircraft, fly at enemy base and bash their defences in secconds". You could still do this with transports though.

Well, complain all you guys want, everyone can pilot any vehicle (except the droideka ofcourse) and if you disagree, go make a mod or something. I like it this way. And i think people WILL paly as support because teams will need them. PLUS, they have a lot more chances of survival in a vehicle, since they can repair it and eject if necessary.

C'mon, it's all good the way it is, it will be thoroughly tested untill each class is as usefull as the next one, and otherwise it will be patched.

Pilots are called that way in the game because of their unique ability to repair vehicles. Each pilot is equipped with a fusion cutter that allows them to construct health and ammo droids, turrets, and repair vehicles from the outside. Also, all pilots have the ability to do repairs on a vehicle while piloting them (think Luke working with R2 inside an Xwing).

Archived