Home

Does the Saber fighting need more balance?

Naphtali

I the first knights, one lightsaber didn't seem to be powerful enough, it just seemed like 2 sabers and 2 hand melee feat at three was just to overpowering.

Even though they had penalties for it, it wasn't noticeable, maybe just a little drop in dexterity.

However it seems that one lightsaber should have an advantage over all if you have duel level 3. What do you guys think about this?

especially with the different styles and all.

I think its a matter of personal preference. I prefer dueling, because in long drawn out fights, the +3 bonus to attack and defense really shines (IE: battle with Malak). However, if you like killing your enemies quickly, Id reccommend you go with 2 weapon fighting. Again, a matter of personal preference, each has advantages and disadvantages.

^^^^

Yeah, what DarthBuzzard said! :D

What Saber style you use is all a great matter of personal prefrence, and also the enemy you are fighting.

Two-Weapon Fighting is good against lesser and multiple opponents.

Dueling is good against a single powerful opponent... like Malak.

I agree with Morgan, but if you consider it by the useful way then I still think that dual and two handed sabers are much better, and better against multitype enemies since base damage of two handed saber is better and deals more hits with flurry compared to standard saber.

Originally posted by -Zack-

I agree with Morgan, but if you consider it by the useful way then I still think that dual and two handed sabers are much better, and better against multitype enemies since base damage of two handed saber is better and deals more hits with flurry compared to standard saber.

But with your lower attack bonus all that might not matter since you will miss most of the time. :) You are much better off against tough opponants with the single saber, since you will hit more and with the dueling feat you will also have a higher defense, meaning you won't get hit as much. And once you get the better crystals damage is not the problem for any of them...

The single saber is at least as powerful as the dual or double. IMO it is more powerful since for the most part weaker opponants are not enough of a threat anyway, and the single saber is certainly effective enough. It is against the really tough opponants that you need all the help you can get. That is where the single saber shines. :)

Originally posted by -Zack-

Yeah, but the thing is that you don't miss if you master two-handed weapon feat.

Maybe true, but it still has a lower attack bonus. It is up to you to decide if that is worth something to you...

Still, the single saber will still hit more on average than the dual or double... :)

Archived