Home

Radar Poll

Alegis

Do you want to see enemies on the radar  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see enemies on the radar

• Yes
    • No

I'm planning to let the results of this poll be known to them game makers, since i really want this changed.

At the moment, as seen on the OPM demo the game features a radar where both teammates and nearby enemies are displayed. Unless this is wrong and confirmation is known this feature wont be in the retail version, the poll.

In my opinion, a game with enemy radar will turn out into spray fights, there will be no sneaking in small teams etc etc, they will always expect you.

So i guess its your chance to put your opinion in a poll :p

[update: poll closed, radar showing enemies will NOT be included in the retail version :)thx nortenyo]

ok just encase you didnt already know, if you press the button to see your map so that it apears then goes away then you will notice that the radar has disapeared.

press the button again and it will be displayed . so if you dont want to see where your enemies are then just turn the thing off. it makes the game more chalenging and realistic to have the radar off anyway.

Originally posted by 0MERCURY0

ok just encase you didnt already know, if you press the button to see your map so that it apears then goes away then you will notice that the radar has disapeared.

press the button again and it will be displayed . so if you dont want to see where your enemies are then just turn the thing off. it makes the game more chalenging and realistic to have the radar off anyway.

Smart idea! And if you want a pistol fight, just throw you're normal weapon away. It wil make the game more challenging too!

Of course we are talking about playing without radar, without having a huge tactical disadvantage.

Originally posted by Clone_Fighter

Not sure, dont know about the server options, only singleplayer.

I understand that you have some button to turn the radar off. But all other players in a multiplayer will keep their radar, giving you a tactical disadvantage. There should be an for the server to turn the radar on all players off.

I don't care if i can see enemies or not, if i would see em i would definitely turn the radar off. What bugs me is that others would be able to see me that easily, and that takes away sneaking in group, ambushes etc. It will all just result in sprayfights. "Oh there's one behind that bush! Shoot everyone!"

I don't mind it for battles like geonosis, but for endor i really do.

Didn't vote because its way too early to tell. I'll reserve my judgment on the radar after I have played on the net with other people. It my work, it may not. How far the "stay still and you won't show up on radar" system will go, I don't know. The devs probably know what there doing, and no doubt they considered all aspects of the radar, so if this is the final decision, then I'll support it.

I've heard things about the radar, like it only shows moving enemes. And apparrently you can turn it off. That seems wierd, and I think this radar won't be what we expect. I simpy don't think I have enough information to judge it. Put simply "Radar or no radar" I'd say no radar. But since it's obviously not the standard radar I'm inclined to think of, I'm thinking that I can't denounce it yet.

I've heard things about the radar, like it only shows moving enemes.

From the sniper thread;

Originally posted by Mountainforest

Golden rule in these games is: Keep moving. If you don't follow that rule, you're dead.

I couldn't agree with him more :p

I know its kinda early to judge the radar, but even if it would only give those away in 1m radius from you it takes away sneaking. The only thing its "good" for is vs campers, but in gaming i never had any bother with them. They don't move and are easy kills if you know where to look.

Archived